Page 494 of 774 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 11598

I'm fine with the main source being Chthonic and then conventional used to control the Chthonic powers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's not like that being the bearer of that curse/bless prevent you from learning the more standard stuff.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    even Vision got a variant https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E67wpPkX...jpg&name=large

now Im thinking that X-men books gonna skip that jericho is her boyfriend and not Vision?
    Where is Pietro too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think Pietro killed her him & Tommy are my prime suspects!

I’m increasingly becoming concerned that this is the reason why he hasn’t been seen outside of a single cover. I would prefer Marvel forget he existed instead of being twisted into someone who would murder his own sister, even if he was possessed by Onslaught. He has a long history of being abused in that role and I wish Marvel would stop it. Combined with Wanda being just a pretty corpse for everyone to admire, this event has me anxious. I really hope Marvel just sees Pietro as being unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah Wanda had an affinity for birds at one point. It'd make sense for her familiar to be a bird.
    Yeah, I recall Wanda in her earliest days with a falcon. But I do wonder at the owl imagery nonetheless.

F07DD279-E34F-4D70-8E90-81F3AA867016.jpg

I really hope they don't vilify Pietro again. They've dogged both twins enough. I'd most rather this is a fake Wanda and they let Wanda go back to just being away from all this nonsense.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The story of Wanda’s life: at least the art is gorgeous even if the story is ugly.

I’ve never associated Wanda with an animal before, so I wonder why the artist decided on owls. Is it the old superstition that an owl hoots to portend an oncoming death, or something else?
    Owls is a strange choice, she did have a falcon once

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I hope the movie at the very least ends with Stephen trusting Wanda with Darkhold in her hands.
    I don't want to see more talk about how she is going to **** up since she is reading an "evil book". Sis is litrally the chosen one of the book's very writer, she of all people should have authority over it.(Now, now, being the living vessel of an Elder God should also come with benefits, getting posessed and kept out of the story in comics is overdone, Wanda should just embrace the prophecy with pride and then add some personal rewriting to it, like trying to murder the OG writer or something.)
    Man I want comic wanda to get back to being a good hero and have her have more apperances.
    But MCU's Wanda going down a dark path has my vote.And also paying the cost for it, then the redemption.

Her start from Hydra and then ultron.Then being the straw that broke the camel's back in CW, and Wakandans would have some resentment towards her[we don't see it since Thanos is a much bigger and more immediate threat ig].Then Westview.
    Yeah she has had a lot of trauma, but she has done too much to just go back to being hero without some cost.Vision is alive and she's going to find her kids.

On a kinda related note.Monica's line in the end of the finale was so bad.Like seriously, it was plain horrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man I want comic wanda to get back to being a good hero and have her have more apperances.
    But MCU's Wanda going down a dark path has my vote.And also paying the cost for it, then the redemption.

Her start from Hydra and then ultron.Then being the straw that broke the camel's back in CW, and Wakandans would have some resentment towards her[we don't see it since Thanos is a much bigger and more immediate threat ig].Then Westview.
    Yeah she has had a lot of trauma, but she has done too much to just go back to being hero without some cost.Vision is alive and she's going to find her kids.

On a kinda related note.Monica's line in the end of the finale was so bad.Like seriously, it was plain horrible.
    I think you misunderstand me here.
    I don't want MCU Wanda to be some kind of dark edgy cool girl.
    I simply want her to be acknowleged as a powerful and trustworthy magic user to have Darkhold in her hands.
    Also you cannot really separate MCU from comic in terms of character depiction, if MCU Wanda actually got more questionable **** added to her career list, it's would be harder for comic Wanda to return to her previous status.

Honestly I don't care about most of what you just mentioned, it's not really the core of her narrative I want to see. It's already discussed to death before and I am tired of this repeated talk about yadi yada she neeeeeds tooooo payyyyyy, like what? Just let her do cool **** that ultimately saves people, no moping and ooohhh my sooory ass.

They framed a **** ton of other heroes in that special position of "he who is able to solve the problem", give Wanda that seat as well, just in a more specific area.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think you misunderstand me here.
    I don't want MCU Wanda to be some kind of dark edgy cool girl.
    I simply want her to be acknowleged as a powerful and trustworthy magic user to have Darkhold in her hands.
    Also you cannot really separate MCU from comic in terms of character depiction, if MCU Wanda actually got more questionable **** added to her career list, it's would be harder for comic Wanda to return to her previous status.

Honestly I don't care about most of what you just mentioned, it's not really the core of her narrative I want to see. It's already discussed to death before and I am tired of this repeated talk about yadi yada she neeeeeds tooooo payyyyyy, like what? Just let her do cool **** that ultimately saves people, no moping and ooohhh my sooory ass.

They framed a **** ton of other heroes in that special position of "he who is able to solve the problem", give Wanda that seat as well, just in a more specific area.
    Never said so.
    I want her to be powerful too, but trust has to be earned.If she is trustworthy at the end of MoM that's not good imo.
    Bruh comics already only focus on HoM, and her questionable stuff in MCU hasn't been translated in comics at all.

But it is what she has done.She has been a HYDRA terrorist for a long time, then Ultron.Then CW and then Hex.That's a lot of what she is.Never said moping, but ignoring this is bad writing.
    Specially since she knew what the Hex was doing and still kept it up.Also HYDRA was her own choice along with ultron.Again her trauma is a good reason but if some one is drunk driving and kells pedestrians they will face consequences.Maybe they lost their family, that's why we understand them but not let it go free.

I don't know what you mean by that?Can you elaborate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Never said so.
    I want her to be powerful too, but trust has to be earned.If she is trustworthy at the end of MoM that's not good imo.
    Bruh comics already only focus on HoM, and her questionable stuff in MCU hasn't been translated in comics at all.

But it is what she has done.She has been a HYDRA terrorist for a long time, then Ultron.Then CW and then Hex.That's a lot of what she is.Never said moping, but ignoring this is bad writing.
    Specially since she knew what the Hex was doing and still kept it up.Also HYDRA was her own choice along with ultron.Again her trauma is a good reason but if some one is drunk driving and kells pedestrians they will face consequences.Maybe they lost their family, that's why we understand them but not let it go free.

I don't know what you mean by that?Can you elaborate
    Dude you don't even get your MCU facts straight and exaggerate stuff, the twins are not put into combat in the beginning of AoU(and it looks like they never did it before) and they booted the second they got the chance. So how the heck did they function as actual Hydra terrorists? Let alone a long time? Also I am tired of sorting out the timeline here, but chronologically speaking Hydra is highly unlikely to be exposed/telling others they are Hydra the time they are recruiting lab rats.
    Their motivation for joining Hydra like Cap claimed is basically saving their own country and people, and as shown they have no real commitment to Hydra's cause, Avengers are seen as Imperialist invaders and they seek strong allies to that end, and when Ultron shows genocidal tendencies they again booted, solid reasoning I see here.

CW had her saving people while causing damage, it's a rather different case by nature.

The only **** worth dealing with is probably the hex, because the others already had an explanation and she already kinda made up for those.(And mind you, other characters have their records cleaned all the time and treated not as a big deal somehow.)

Yadi yada we all freaking know Wanda needs to make up somehow but they don't talk down to her or her fandom like some Twitter mob and twist some facts to make it sound worse. Probably not your intent but you gave off that vibe a bit.
    It's basically everyone and their mom know what kind of situation this is and don't care for another smart guy rushing in and say he find the problem and here is the perfect solution like it's something new.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Yes, I agree.
    If we got more backstory on Agatha, where she really comes from, those other witches, her mother, etc.

But agree, epic, "biblical" stories and myths have always been used to scare people from certain roads . . .

Sadly, other than here, most people will never understand the beauty - total, inside and out - of Wanda.
    I think I've always loved her since the '60s and the story where she met Arkon (that beautiful John Buscema art is perfect), when she intoned the lines of the Tennyson poem: "Flower in the crannied wall,
    I pluck you out of the crannies,
    I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
    Little flower—but if I could understand
    What you are, root and all, and all in all,

I should know what God and man is."
    ** I don't think I mind if MCU Wanda becomes or is considered a mutant, I guess that is going to happen.

But I'd rather keep her comic persona as it now is, as I've said a number of times. She and Pietro are 'artificial' mutants. High Evolutionary learned scores of things from his experiments as well as his association with Mr. Sinister.
    He would have the tech and science to just do this, because it was the kind of things he did:

his hand in Jessica Drew, or Bova and the other evolved animals. It was an experiment to see if he could create what he saw was happening in real life.
    They're mutants in every way, over all, but not from a random consequence of other gene associations or expressions.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Wanda certainly is not a conventional Witch. In real life a Witch bonds with their familars, for emotional and magical support.

But as a longtime Avenger, it would not have been reasonable for Wanda to keep a pet of any sort around the HQ.

As a more solo, solitary Witch and hero, that might be different/now (provided she is not really dead of course) and I would see her with a cat. They just seem more suited to be familars to me.
    (that's all I've ever had)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Since MCU Aggie is not that old, I want her to have an Atlantean ancestor who will look like classic Aggie(I know Agatha was actually young and had blonde hair pre-Great Catalysm, just want some nod to comic Agatha.)
    While I am not really a fan of that kidnap romance with Arkon, I did like Wanda's poetic and sentimental character there.

I don't care if they don't have Wanda labeled as hero in universe, she can be an anti hero and still protecting earth from magical evil entities like Chthon, maybe after the westview incident she's not living in society anymore because she knows she's dangerous but still protecting.

Extraordinary Member

Dude you don't even get your MCU facts straight and exaggerate stuff, the twins are not put into combat in the beginning of AoU(and it looks like they never did it before) and they booted the second they got the chance. So how the heck did they function as actual Hydra terrorists? Let alone a long time? Also I am tired of sorting out the timeline here, but chronologically speaking Hydra is highly unlikely to be exposed/telling others they are Hydra the time they are recruiting lab rats.
    Their motivation for joining Hydra like Cap claimed is basically saving their own country and people, and as shown they have no real commitment to Hydra's cause, Avengers are seen as Imperialist invaders and they seek strong allies to that end, and when Ultron shows genocidal tendencies they again booted, solid reasoning I see here.

CW had her saving people while causing damage, it's a rather different case by nature.

The only **** worth dealing with is probably the hex, because the others already had an explanation and she already kinda made up for those.(And mind you, other characters have their records cleaned all the time and treated not as a big deal somehow.)

Yadi yada we all freaking know Wanda needs to make up somehow but they don't talk down to her or her fandom like some Twitter mob and twist some facts to make it sound worse. Probably not your intent but you gave off that vibe a bit.
    It's basically everyone and their mom know what kind of situation this is and don't care for another smart guy rushing in and say he find the problem and here is the perfect solution like it's something new.
    Never said they had commitment to them.But they were a part of it.The world doesn't care about intentions, only actions.

I agree.But at the end of the day that's what CW showed.The world doesn't care that Avengers have good intentions, they cause damage(they are the ones that prevent it in actuality, but are still blamed) and they want them held accounatble.

The Hex is a big f*cking deal.That in in of itself is worse than most forms of terrorism and she was aware of what she was doing for a while.
    And other characters in the MCU have either a)weren't capable of stoping(Bucky) and b)Had consequences and earned redemption(Tony)
    If there are any you feel strong bout in particular, let me know.If some got away, they should not have and I feel just the same about that.

Not talking down to her.And saying that I give Twitter Mob vibes is hilarious, considering you are a giving toxic Wanda Stan vibes who will attack anyone who dares criticize their fave.I'm sure its not your intent though.

I love Wanda but I want her arc to be organic and not just everyone forget what she did wrong.

Also the wrongs other than the ones listed above:-

In AoU she was (at least) as responsible for Ultron as Tony was.
    Pietro was going to take the scepter/attack Stark, and she stopped him with a smile on her face.
    The point here is that Scarlet Witch had the intention to do harm. I know, she wasn't herself aware of the gravity of her actions, but she did it to force the Avengers to commit atrocities. She literally insists, just before the opening credits, that Tony takes the scepter because she knows he will do something dangerously destructive. It's not a direct control, like giving orders, but it is still a mind, and a will manipulation.

She unleashed the Hulk on a civilian population. The minimal loss of life was only thanks to Tony.
    She was willing to let thousands of innocents die for her motivations, which was in part revenge against Tony.

And even after the Hulk, she still feels okay to enslave 3000 innocents for her own needs.

And after all this, she takes the Darkhold for her own needs which is dangerous af. Like turn yourself in if you learnt anything, if you feel they will take advantage of you or you really do want to learn about your powers.Go to Doctor Strange or some other magical teacher.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I don't care if they don't have Wanda labeled as hero in universe, she can be an anti hero and still protecting earth from magical evil entities like Chthon, maybe after the westview incident she's not living in society anymore because she knows she's dangerous but still protecting.
    This.
    She can go from this to full hero slowly but you can't just do a complete 180.