Page 334 of 399 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5977
  1. #4996
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Wanda never pretended to be anything, let alone a Mutant!

    That entire premise makes no sense. It especially makes no sense if someone knows Wanda's history from the beginning! But, alas, today, so few do. Fewer more even seem to care.

    Wanda had been hunted and persecuted most of her young life for being different, a Mutant (at that point anyways), and she would not have wanted to "pretend" to be one for any reason, good or bad!

    That is just lazy, careless, uninformed writing!

    Arrrgggh!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-11-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  2. #4997
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I have a feeling that whatever Mags is on trial for has nothing to do with Wanda. People keep thinking they are building up to the x-books dealing with Wanda. But all they've done is label her wrong and have what happened in Genosha almost a year ago now. Which didn't match with the other appearances of Wanda then in a completely different costume. And had her be a magic novice. Even though she wasn't that after learning from Agatha.

    These books are likely not gonna deal with Wanda. And even if they do, it won't be done well. If anything they'll just deal with how mutants have been dealing with their existance since Decimation.

    I really feel like if Marvel had intended on completely obsolving Wanda of M-day and pulling her back into the fray, they'd have done it already. At least within the past 7 years of the character being in the MCU.
    Yeah, the trial has Magneto murdering someone at the Hellfire Gala, unless he's killed Wanda (which is unlikely) or decides to blame it on Wanda, Wanda isn't going to be involved.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  3. #4998
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Here´s the teaser for the Trial story:

    When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants--Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies...the TRIAL OF MAGNETO will begin,” Williams teases.

    The truth is hidden, the danger is far from over, and the trial has begun. Be there for the story that will shake Krakoa to its core when THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #1 hits stands on August 18! In the meantime, check out the classified cover by Valerio Schiti above, and stay tuned for the final version which will reveal the character who meets their untimely end at the Hellfire Gala!

    X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #1 (OF 5)
    Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    On Sale 8/18!
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  4. #4999
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,669

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wanda never pretended to be anything, let alone a Mutant!

    That entire premise makes no sense. It especially makes no sense if someone knows Wanda's history from the beginning! But, alas, today, so few do. Fewer more even seem to care.

    Wanda had been hunted and persecuted most of her young life for being different, a Mutant (at that point anyways), and she would not have wanted to "pretend" to be one for any reason, good or bad!

    That is just lazy, careless, uninformed writing!

    Arrrgggh!
    I don’t know what the full logic or the endgame of this story element is for Hickman, it is not about trust in him in what he’s might be doing, but the way this being carried across in the books so far with the term it is no different then propaganda being fed to kids for societal empowerment reasons.

    That is how it is so far come across to me.

    It is a form of society of lies like we see throughout history, being fed to the society for commutative societal empowerment against who they consider common foes and a former villain is telling them this tall tale, one can gather where the levels of honesty comes from someone like that.

    Right now I don’t think it is a form of butchering propaganda, the way of X might be showing how they are dealing with this, it might be a story in the long run of societal lies on the populace and confronting them, but until we know more we just don’t know yet.

    Anyone in the real world, us readers know for a fact such a term makes no sense to canon. That’s way it comes across a nonsense propaganda and rightfully so, it would just depend on what the full story of this is about in the story by its conclusion.

    Fans however, trying to propagate the term in some form of canon logic is the real question on why they persuade such to eaches own reasons.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  5. #5000
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I don’t know what the full logic or the endgame of this story element is for Hickman, it is not about trust in him in what he’s might be doing, but the way this being carried across in the books so far with the term it is no different then propaganda being fed to kids for societal empowerment reasons.

    That is how it is so far come across to me.

    It is a form of society of lies like we see throughout history, being fed to the society for commutative societal empowerment against who they consider common foes and a former villain is telling them this tall tale, one can gather where the levels of honesty comes from someone like that.

    Right now I don’t think it is a form of butchering propaganda, the way of X might be showing how they are dealing with this, it might be a story in the long run of societal lies on the populace and confronting them, but until we know more we just don’t know yet.

    Anyone in the real world, us readers know for a fact such a term makes no sense to canon. That’s way it comes across a nonsense propaganda and rightfully so, it would just depend on what the full story of this is about in the story by its conclusion.

    Fans however, trying to propagate the term in some form of canon logic is the real question on why they persuade such to eaches own reasons.
    I don't know how real-world issues really play into Wanda being a Pretender, but from the Comics side of things---which this is----to me at least, it makes no sense.

    I do not think everyone feels this way, and that is their right. But then others get mad and defend Wanda. It is up-and-down it seems, whenever someone feels that it is okay for them to either say something against Wanda or to defend her. On this thread at least, I thought we were giving our opinions as a safe spot in which to do so and also that us Wanda lovers would feel the same way. Maybe I am wrong??

    I just feel that if the history of the character was taken into account, this accusation, would never have been made. Just MOHO.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  6. #5001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Franklin is (technically) a pretender as he did fool everyone that he was a mutant, but managed to avoid it by Xavier stating that Franklin unconsciously made himself a mutant.
    Still I can't wait for a story that reveals Exodus was never a mutant and had been fooling everyone.
    Franklin has been believed to be an omega level mutant since Onslaught... he was like 5 then.

    ETA: Even before that actually. I think his first time being declared mutant was in Power Pack. Before Onslaught even happened.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #5002
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    I agree with CJStriker that so far the "pretender" label is being done because they are tackling group dynamics inside the new society, not because they believe that label true, this was what Si Spurrier said during one of his interviews and my guess is that this label will be taken away at somep point. It´s the drama in the fandom the things that needs to be avoided because it can lead to polarization and hostility and the fans that insist to use it do so because they like to create controversy sometimes imo not because they don´t see it´s not true.

    Franklin was called a mutant by his father, Reed who did make Gen X exams of his Son at the time of birth, I think the recent retcon has more to be about Slott not wanting to deal with crossovers with Krakoa and inside story it can be explained that whatever being from another dimension Franklin battled took away his mutant powers because he was one of the only characters that could touch them. That´s my guess.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  8. #5003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Nobody cares about Quake or squirrel Girl (her retcon was more of a joke and she was never a x-men) as mutants.
    Wanda was never an X-Men either. Wanda does get more attention because of an infamous event. But it still makes it dumb.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #5004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree with CJStriker that so far the "pretender" label is being done because they are tackling group dynamics inside the new society, not because they believe that label true, this was what Si Spurrier said during one of his interviews and my guess is that this label will be taken away at somep point. It´s the drama in the fandom the things that needs to be avoided because it can lead to polarization and hostility.
    I do believe that. It's just an odd situation. Every story related to this was about Wanda without her really being there. She's nothing more than a phantom.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  10. #5005
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    He was indicated as mutant by Reed and Xavier in that era.

    This is why a standard retcon is crazy as they get undone or changed.

    Personally Franklin is beyond 'mutant' as we know it. He is a mutant to the mutants, frankly (pun intended)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  11. #5006
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Franklin has been believed to be an omega level mutant since Onslaught... he was like 5 then.
    Exactly. According to Slott, Franklin made everyone (including himself) believe that he was a mutant ever since he was a kid. The fact that he did it unconsciously is his only reason he isn't a Pretender. Still he has just as much if not more reason to be called a Pretender than Wanda yet he's been left off. Showing the double standards the X-Men have (and had) for years.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  12. #5007
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    He was indicated as mutant by Reed and Xavier in that era.

    This is why a standard retcon is crazy as they get undone or changed.

    Personally Franklin is beyond 'mutant' as we know it. He is a mutant to the mutants, frankly (pun intended)
    So he's the animated series Apocalypse
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  13. #5008
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Franklin is supposed to survive until the end of the marvel universe, along with Galactus and is an omega mutant with "universal habilities" that´s what Hickman called him. So he´s a mutant that will or could become a cosmic entity or Elder God, that would be his final form. So far other mutants that come close to this level are reality manipulators like Legion, Xavier´s Son, Proteus, Moira´s Son, Betsy Bradock brother and Mister M but their manipulation of reality comes in different ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    So he's the animated series Apocalypse
    More or less I wish apocalypse was written like this in the comics but he´s usually a lot more menacing in the animated series.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  14. #5009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly. According to Slott, Franklin made everyone (including himself) believe that he was a mutant ever since he was a kid. The fact that he did it unconsciously is his only reason he isn't a Pretender. Still he has just as much if not more reason to be called a Pretender than Wanda yet he's been left off. Showing the double standards the X-Men have (and had) for years.
    Yeah I know about Slott's garbage, but it makes no sense. Franklin was first declared a mutant in Power Pack in the 80s. He wasn't scheming as practically a toddler. And if Marvel wants to suddenly undo stuff, they need to start thinking about reboots. Because their timeline of events make no sense.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #5010
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    What would a mutant beyond Omega be? Zeta? Don't know.

    But Apocalypse, Exodus, Franklin (in some other form) could all qualify.

    X things are so hard to keep up with and at times pretty random.

    When I was more a reader, there were these X-ternals. Then later that was changed and they really weren't what they said they were (like Cannonball, was possibly one of them or something)

    Then more recently , they may have decided to use that idea again and re-explain or implant it.

    Maybe I don't understand it at all, and am better off not thinking about it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •