Page 276 of 774 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11598

by Alice X. Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It looks great, both in the art and the show. Too bad that it hasn't been translating well into the toys, imo (mostly the "harness"-like part around her shoulders/chest). I also feel like hood + tiara becomes a bit too busy, I like that in the show she took one off when putting the other.
    The hot toys one is gorgeous. I'll be reserving that one soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Grreat more people can read that awful story. It would be better to reprint more of Wanda's best stories
    Yeah I don't get it. Has Marvel forgotten she had good, heroic stories? Or do they not want new fans to know? It's pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah the handbooks sat Auburn hair with Green eyes; yet Marvel's official website says Auburn hair with Blue eyes.
    Personally I prefer Auburn hair with Blue eyes
    That's because while Marvel changed it, they don't think it's important to keep it consistent. I remember Brevoort posting something about that. I think it's important to create differences enough between your characters to recognize them.

I don't like most of all when they make Wanda look like Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The hot toys one is gorgeous. I'll be reserving that one soon.
    The Hot Toys looks beautiful, but I wish it had the bigger, curlier hairstyle from the show. And that the female Hot Toys still came with "barbie hair".

Looks like the wavy hair we saw at the end of wandavision was a last minute decision, as most toys and concept art have straighter hair

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Hot Toys looks beautiful, but I wish it had the bigger, curlier hairstyle from the show. And that the female Hot Toys still came with "barbie hair".
    Yeah true, but they did say this is a prototype, and often times there are changes in the Hot Toys figures before release. I think they'll fix some things. Particularly where the tiara sits on her head. Because it's too low.

That's because while Marvel changed it, they don't think it's important to keep it consistent. I remember Brevoort posting something about that. I think it's important to create differences enough between your characters to recognize them.

I don't like most of all when they make Wanda look like Jean.
    Yes, as do I.

There is no need for either woman to look like the other.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah I don't get it. Has Marvel forgotten she had good, heroic stories? Or do they not want new fans to know? It's pretty dumb.
    Reprints are usually for stuff that's been selling, but out of stock. So that's them being financially smart, if anything. We all saw how House Of M and Avengers Disassembled skyrocketed in sales after WandaVision. Regardless of how some Wanda fans feel about those stories, Marvel is gonna take advantage of what makes them money. We know there are other Wanda stories being reprinted too, so I don't think a big deal.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

[...]

[...]
    How come Magneto didn’t her what Wanda says about him? He is standing right there and the canopy isn’t even closed yet!

Maybe he can’t read her speech-bubble because it’s pink

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    How come Magneto didn’t her what Wanda says about him? He is standing right there and the canopy isn’t even closed yet!

Maybe he can’t read her speech-bubble because it’s pink
    It was if all of the men were talking over Wanda. They gave the pink bubble to the lone woman. Magneto was like, just get out of here, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while now, and I must say I do find it odd that none of the posters here have expressed any concerns about how magic could be used in the Multiverse of Madness in ways that can REALLY damage that movie. I mean, I think the use, or should I say misuse, of magic absolutely RUINED Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Wonder Woman 1984. People on the Doctor Strange and Loki threads have even mocked the fact that the comic books have used magic as deus ex machinas far too often, but I hear no talk about that on the Wanda threads. I find that strange. I actually agree with Marvel Studios being EXTREMELY careful with how they adapt magical stories into the MCU. I feel it's important that there's rules, limitations and internal consistency in fantasy tales. I actually think MaximoffTrash is the only other poster here that seems to have an understanding about this kind of thing. Am I being totally off-base here?

Extraordinary Member

Wanda's powers have been "whatever the plot requires" since 1964, so I think most people in a Scarlet Witch thread are kind of resigned to a lack of rules, limitations and internal consistency.

Ultimate Member

Well, Pym particles don't seem to have many rules either, tbh.

But Marvel Studios DID hire a bunch of quantum physicists to help keep the Marvel movies somewhat accurate (ish). Clearly Disney is making sure that the stories in the MCU are as scientifically precise as possible. Like Star Trek. I've heard plenty of technobabble. I think audiences will be FAR likely to accept the Pym Particles because of that. I'm not sure viewers will be so forgiving about magical concepts. Folks on the Loki and Strange threads kinda understand this. People here might think I'm being a big party-pooping killjoy because I want limits and boundaries on the use of magic in the MCU, but I think it's important that they exist. To prevent LAZY WRITING. I've been impressed with how the MCU has handled magic thus far, but Strange 2 is gonna have a lot of magic in it. As I said before, I have my concerns. Not so much for the comic books, but for the movies and shows. Part of the reason I don't post on this thread that much anymore is because I don't think a lot of the posters here even CARE about this kind of thing. I think the Strange thread has been great for my magical education thanks to wonderful folks like Clea and DigiCom. But I don't see a lot of Wanda fans hanging out there, even though she's gonna be in his next movie!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-13-2021 at 07:52 PM.