Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134
Results 1,996 to 2,002 of 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Finally Publish Scarlet Witch Darkhold Comic After WandaVision
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-wandavision/
    Can anyone ID all the characters on the 2nd cover with Wanda? I see Strange, Deadpool, Rachel Grey.... uh, a LOTR Dwarf? Blob monster thingy? Hellstrom or Gargoyle?

I look forward to seeing Scarlet Witch team up with Spidey! I hope the writers remember their relationship is quite amicable and they don't write Wanda treating Spidey like an annoying imbecile or Spidey still nursing a grudge for HoM and treating Wanda like a villain (If he can forgive Eddie Brock....)

"The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Check out my (616) Scarlet Witch Respect Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I loved Wanda “take no shit” attitude during axis, re-reading it It’s a guilty pleasure of mine
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Can anyone ID all the characters on the 2nd cover with Wanda? I see Strange, Deadpool, Rachel Grey.... uh, a LOTR Dwarf? Blob monster thingy? Hellstrom or Gargoyle?
    I think the last three are Thor, Carnage and Daredevil.

Sadly we don't get to find out for a while.
    Was Curlytop

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the last three are Thor, Carnage and Daredevil.

Sadly we don't get to find out for a while.
    I feel like they're really dumb for no dropping this series when WandaVision started or right now

Even if it ins't like WandaVision they could still link Chaos Magic and Darkhold Alpha just because she's using Chaos Magic, since WandaVision got tons of promotion and support by the critics and general public it would have been a good promo for the comic as well...
    Check out my (616) Scarlet Witch Respect Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I feel like they're really dumb for no dropping this series when WandaVision started or right now

Even if it ins't like WandaVision they could still link Chaos Magic and Darkhold Alpha just because she's using Chaos Magic, since WandaVision got tons of promotion and support by the critics and general public it would have been a good promo for the comic as well...
    They delayed it when comics stopped due to covid, and then Steve Orlando just moved on to other things. So it suffered from unfortunate timing of it's release.
    Was Curlytop

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    My understanding is that Chaos Magic is a more primordial form of magic that is capable of replicating most magical effects, but way harder to control and require way more energy input.
    As the guy who more-or-less invented chaos magic, my intent was that it's essentially a force of chaos, not order, that it's powered by chaos and brings more chaos into a system.

What Marvel has done with it since, I don't know. But the name was intended to matter.

A less extreme example would be like regular magic would be like using already packaged chicken broth, while Chaos Magic in an attempt to do the same thing would be like making chicken broth from a chicken, much more trouble and much more energy consumed and you aren't guaranteed to get the ideal result.(Basically regular spells are like packaged chicken broth various mystical entities create and "sell" to the spellcaster, while Chaos Magic user would need to cook stuff up with basic ingredient.)
    Making chicken broth from a chicken doesn't strike me as chaotic in any way. It's literally how chicken broth is made, even the powdered or pre-packaged stuff.

Like I said, I don't know what Marvel's said about it since -- they've defined "mutant" to mean "someone who inherited the mutant gene from their parents," which is literally the opposite of what "mutant" actually means.

But if it were up to me, chaos magic wouldn't just be "older magic requiring more complex work." It'd be chaotic, wild, at heart random and destructive. "Chaos" would be essential to it, because that's what it's rooted in.

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; Today at 03:51 PM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!