Page 390 of 774 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am like so confused reading this thread. It seems some wanda fans are mad for a story created by the avengers side but at the x-side for working with what they were given. They did disassembled, they did depowered, they even did children crusade and didn't completely clean it up there with a bow. I bought Wanda series where she went down witches road and even that series completely ignore it but didn't let her really move on from it. I don't get it, in this issue the one thing i thought most wanda fans were upset about, the pretender was debunked by one of the founders and it seems some would rather no wanda than abook that cleans up her image and sets her free wherever that may be just because it might make her a mutant again. Is something deeper going on here?
    Yeah, look at X-office's great works, fucking **** up to create zombies for mutant fun, and suddenly being daddy's girl and accepting the pretender title for no clear reason.
    Gosh, I just hope her stay is for her "yet another redemption" only so she can leave after it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You say all this stuff as if it's fact when the only fact is this is all just your opinion. No more Mutants put Wanda on the map that's just a fact.
    No more mutants removed Wanda as a mainstay of comics permanently. And that's the objective fact.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I am like so confused reading this thread. It seems some wanda fans are mad for a story created by the avengers side but at the x-side for working with what they were given. They did disassembled, they did depowered, they even did children crusade and didn't completely clean it up there with a bow. I bought Wanda series where she went down witches road and even that series completely ignore it but didn't let her really move on from it. I don't get it, in this issue the one thing i thought most wanda fans were upset about, the pretender was debunked by one of the founders and it seems some would rather no wanda than abook that cleans up her image and sets her free wherever that may be just because it might make her a mutant again. Is something deeper going on here?
    Apparently wanting Wanda to be a mutant as she always was is seen as a capital sin, I’m a fan of her as much as anyone and I really hated when they retconned the twins connection with magneto
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-23-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

I don't get it either arguably the Avengers office is what "destroyed" the character & now they just ignore her at least the X-side gives her some camera time.
    That's pretty low standard, I almost prefer functional death.

Editing team needs to get it together I find it weird Tommy had a flower meanwhile Wanda just did what she did.
    or maybe they dont bc its an actual hint to something bigger

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's true, for me Wanda's reaction by Busiek where she clearly states that she sees Django Maximoff as her real dad, to be very powerful and true. I think more people, especially the Bullpen should read Busiek's work on Wanda, even if it did have her pairing off with Wonderman. Heck, if they did Wanda wouldn't even be in this whole mess.
    What she wants doesn't matter. Her own life, desires, friends and real family that actually raised her don't matter. Time to live out the fantasy of fan fiction instead.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-23-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That's pretty low standard, I almost prefer functional death.
    Any publicity is good publicity.

Extraordinary Member

You say all this stuff as if it's fact when the only fact is this is all just your opinion. No more Mutants put Wanda on the map that's just a fact.
    That's where I draw the line, pal.
    HoM puts Wanda on the map as much as it straight up flattened her character to a puddle.

I don't get it either arguably the Avengers office is what "destroyed" the character & now they just ignore her at least the X-side gives her some camera time.
    I really don't want to say what i'm thinking but i'm getting the feeling somehow mutant taints wanda but it's about more in some way. I just can't put my finger on it. Wanda got two positive appearances today in mutant books and none in other books. And this one addressed the biggest blight still pegging her by a person of power saying he will make it right. It's just not adding up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

They aren't mutually exclusive. The Avengers Office (Bendis) did Wanda dirty with HoM and the X-Office has perpetuated that damage beyond it - Marvel to blame nonetheless. It's how Storm fans were feeling until recently - basically lip-service until something actually happens and there is demonstrated change to the status quo and how Wanda is treated. I'm neutral until I see things happen for Wanda. But I support anyone happy, unhappy, or cautious about this revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Apparently wanting Wanda to be a mutant as she always was is seen as a capital sin
    Her being a mutant again is whatever. They never did much with it anyway. It's the relationship to her other family that created a lot of toxicity for her. And HoM still being a drag on her all these years later is not terribly interesting. I hope they put it to a close. But also don't doubt Magneto doing to her what he did to Quicksilver.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's true, for me Wanda's reaction by Busiek where she clearly states that she sees Django Maximoff as her real dad, to be very powerful and true. I think more people, especially the Bullpen should read Busiek's work on Wanda, even if it did have her pairing off with Wonderman. Heck, if they did Wanda wouldn't even be in this whole mess.
    But no one cares about the man who actually died for his daughter against an Elder God upon Wundagore, noooooo.
    Jeez, I hope Darkhold will mention this at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What she wants doesn't matter. Her ownlife, desires, friends and real family that actually raised her don't matter. Time to live out the fantasy of fan fiction instead.
    The fan fiction was the editorially mandated garbage it was put in place in order to arm the franchise owned by fox
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

But it doesn't clean her image, it just has one person saying to her that he thinks the whole pretender thing is wrong, but he has only said so in private, and really only now, if Magneto really hated Wanda being called the pretender, he should have objected to it from the start, but didn't and has let it continue. Nothing will clean her image completely until HOM is completely undone, which Marvel haven't done in the last 15 years and seem in no hurry to.

Any publicity is good publicity.
    I say this with all due respect. I don't care if Wanda is popular. I value her character and journey way more than if people know who she is.