Page 144 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sorry I’m writing this from IPhone.

Sorry I’ve not been on today yet, I had to going into work today and it will be awhile Till I might be able to post My Thoughts, but indeed as like the odd person I am I have different views on this and hopefully they will put things in better lights for you, Especially Gurkle.

I don’t want to lose any of you, and I hope any of my posts that might come down the line will help you out, I will try my best, but you know me.

Love, Peace and Honor to You all, will talk soon and I hope you all get this message.
    Always look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It seemed like so until they dropped everything to chase down Bucky.
    Maybe they should town down the destruction in the first place. Fight scenes don't need crashing buildings and stuff unless you're Gojira

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they should town down the destruction in the first place. Fight scenes don't need crashing buildings and stuff unless you're Gojira
    It's a complicated thing. Because hero stories are usually huge action based battles with some villain or some big event. They are bigger than life. They need things like Damage Control, hero therapists and stuff like that if they want to have repercussions that make sense in a powers based world.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a complicated thing. Because hero stories are usually huge action based battles with some villain or some big event. They are bigger than life. They need things like Damage Control, hero therapists and stuff like that if they want to have repercussions that make sense in a powers based world.
    True. I think some heroes could be more careful though.

Powerful video on the five stages of grief in the show https://twitter.com/robinsparkIez/st...36801353129984

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JustinT1977 View Post
    Always look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Steal from my iPhone and work, Very Glad to see you back JustinT1977, makes me Happy and Heartwarming to see you here.

I am not the poster I use to be, but I start somewhere, This is for gurkle, leokearon and MaximoffTrash!

Please Watch, 1st Volley.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch Funko pop!!

Edit: Apparently This funko it's Fan Made

Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-05-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Scarlet Witch Funko pop!!

I guess they switched the production design of her diadem after manufacturing these. The same thing happened with Captain Marvel's mask in Endgame and Spider-Man's spider logo. It would've been a bit more comic accurate, but the details on the final one make it look like an ornament and not headgear.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I guess they switched the production design of her diadem after manufacturing these. The same thing happened with Captain Marvel's mask in Endgame and Spider-Man's spider logo. It would've been a bit more comic accurate, but the details on the final one make it look like an ornament and not headgear.
    That's fan-made.

lol just saw it on the tl, i was wondering why her tiara looked way to different from the actual series, well her funko reveal it's coming this Monday as the others did.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.
    I understand your feelings gurkle, but the thread just won't feel the same without you. I feel like we need more passionate Wanda fans who care about the character.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.
    Also before I go I want to thank CJStriker in particular for keeping this thread so upbeat and optimistic and full of love for the character. Please keep on being that way and I hope my pessimism hasn't depressed you or anyone. Wanda deserves love and optimism, and whatever may happen to her in the future, the love that fans have for her is finding its way around the world.
    Gurkle, What I have believed about you all these passing time, Knowing you, Reading your posts and yes I have lacked that ablity to responsed to all of them cause honestly I am not the poster I once was a few years ago. So It takes me time to make one of theses, but I always loved and enjoyed your love for Wanda, but what is most important is this about You. Not just cause you are a Fellow Wanda Poster and Fellow CBR Poster, You are Truly My Friend and when Friends are down you should be their for them Always;

You Should not feel bad about your Worry, It Defines that of True Love You have for Wanda, it's your Shine you bring here cause you show what Love for Wanda can really be!

Nothing You can ever say can get me down nor I believe would get anyone here down. You are expressing your Love for a character and Worry is apart of Love, cause I go threw the same as well. Worry is all encompassing, it takes you over and makes you feel ill and powerless a times, you don't know at times how to fix the problems you worry about and when they are beyond you like it seems here, it just breaks you down.

But it is your Worry that makes you shine cause you express your True Love for Wanda's charcter and it makes so many better for it. You shine it on others and it effects others in more ways then you can realize, more postives then you can ever give credit for and you deserve so much of that cause of how knowledgable you are and what you bring to a post.

We can never know what they will do with our Wanda, the same can be said with any character of any francise and honestly I have experianced allot of this over my lifetime and other characters have their own unique uphill battles the fans feel the industries keep breaking their favorites down upon, it is part of our World as Fans, One we must know we all live with.

That is why worry is beautiful, it keeps a clear mind towards what you want form a character and knowing to correct the wrongs to others both fans and others alike when things are not clear to them, That is what you have done for us.

I wanted to also give my thoughts on the ending;

spoilers:
    I have Felt Honestly this did help our Wanda Grown in the MCU, it was not the leap I was hoping, but when she broke free of her Grief and faced the Faces of Westview she did the right thing and freed them. She with that gave her only tie at that point to happiness by giving up Vision and the Kids to set right with what went wrong, a Grief storm that got out of her hands and took her over. She did what was right when the time came and her going solo IMO is a showing a growth cause it says she realizes what her power can now do and what it can bring, so for the good of the world she much learn how to harnish it now, that is the mark of a character I admire cause she takes the steps after a horrible event, an event that if she was lesser would be greedy and want to keep the fanstasy after the awakening, but she did not.

Wanda Awaken to her true self both out of the dream of the grief and to what she really is after its effects. She now wants to control it and goes off so she can control it so no one else would be harmed while she does it. That Alone is growth and one where I can get behind even if all the dots where not filled in, the writers message I got their was that this want her growth moment and while it was not our growth moment fully we wanted, I felt the real desires by then that they felt that was the way they wanted to tell it and grow her.

I think they felt that writing was strong enought their to tell that story, it just how we as fan see it. So far I see fans more on the postive then negatives on Wanda outside of CBR, but CBR negatives and their posters on this stuff are always their.
    end of spoilers

If You Want to Take a break still and heal from your worries that is ok and Your Choice, take some time off.

But I also think it be good to have you here and we can talk together about Wanda and support each other to help us get threw what concerns us. But our Worries are good cause we then get threw our problems and help to shine our love for Wanda's Character cause we find the meaning and answers together, that is a form of healing as well.

Peace and Love to You Gurkle, You can also Private Message me anytime to talk, You are not alone.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I kinda like the new costume of Wanda, although I would have prefered if the red was less dark.

My favorite part is the headpiece, I really liked it, I like the fact that it's not very big.

Yeah it looks really nice. I'd like it to be more red too, but maybe they can adjust that in post-editing in the movies.

Sadly it is harder to get optimistic about Wanda's future when she can't even get a happy ending in her own series. Despite hadnling better than the comics, it seems that even the guys behind the MCU believe that Wanda is only good for reality warping, making huge messes and spending her life being miserable.