Page 152 of 774 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda drive a red Buick. Is that the right car for her? What would you have her drive?
    She had a blue MG during Busiek's run

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I appreciate the replies to my post. If you don't mind one more negative post I want to explain why I was so upset at "WandaVision."

(Spoilers follow)

I don't mind that they took Wanda to a dark place, but I feel like the MCU creators don't see Wanda as cut out to be a hero. She tortured innocent people who were begging to be set free, and the only excuse they gave her is that she deluded herself into thinking they were happy. As Agatha pointed out, "heroes don't torture people." There was nothing in the entire series to show that she cared about anyone but herself. Sure, Monica told her about the sacrifice she made, but come on, everyone knew why that line was silly. And they didn't even give Wanda a chance to apologize to anyone except Monica, who was practically her only victim who got helped and not hurt.

Maybe they intend for her to come back from this in Doctor Strange 2, or the now-inevitable WandaVision 2. And maybe they don't. But if you compare how they portrayed Carol coming into her full power, it's clear which character they think is good and which one they think is dangerous and scary.

So the message I got from the series is that Wanda isn't cut out to be a hero, and now that Vision isn't there to pull her back from the brink, she has to accept that her destiny is darkness and chaos. I don't see any hope that they'll let her help people. And if the MCU won't portray her as a true hero then it's unlikely the comics will.

So I have to stop following Wanda. It's very hard because I love and identify with the character so much. But I think it's clear to me that everyone in power at Marvel thinks she's "more interesting" if she's not a true hero. If they make her a quasi-villain in her first starring role, then I don't see how they will ever stop.

I'm much too depressed over a fictional character than I should be, I know. Maybe it's just that the character has helped me through some tough times and looking forward to her show helped me through this horrible year, and then they go and do this.

If I'm proven wrong and her next MCU role treats her better, then maybe I'll start following her again. But I have to stop following her now and learn to let her go.
    I understand how you feel, although at the same time...I feel like it's important for Wanda to still have fans like you or myself who still believe in and care about her as a hero, and who don't give up on her.

Just my two cents.

I think her journey is just starting. So I'm not gonna declare her status as a hero, antagonist or otherwise until her story is complete.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I appreciate the replies to my post. If you don't mind one more negative post I want to explain why I was so upset at "WandaVision."

(Spoilers follow)

I don't mind that they took Wanda to a dark place, but I feel like the MCU creators don't see Wanda as cut out to be a hero. She tortured innocent people who were begging to be set free, and the only excuse they gave her is that she deluded herself into thinking they were happy. As Agatha pointed out, "heroes don't torture people." There was nothing in the entire series to show that she cared about anyone but herself. Sure, Monica told her about the sacrifice she made, but come on, everyone knew why that line was silly. And they didn't even give Wanda a chance to apologize to anyone except Monica, who was practically her only victim who got helped and not hurt.

Maybe they intend for her to come back from this in Doctor Strange 2, or the now-inevitable WandaVision 2. And maybe they don't. But if you compare how they portrayed Carol coming into her full power, it's clear which character they think is good and which one they think is dangerous and scary.

So the message I got from the series is that Wanda isn't cut out to be a hero, and now that Vision isn't there to pull her back from the brink, she has to accept that her destiny is darkness and chaos. I don't see any hope that they'll let her help people. And if the MCU won't portray her as a true hero then it's unlikely the comics will.

So I have to stop following Wanda. It's very hard because I love and identify with the character so much. But I think it's clear to me that everyone in power at Marvel thinks she's "more interesting" if she's not a true hero. If they make her a quasi-villain in her first starring role, then I don't see how they will ever stop.

I'm much too depressed over a fictional character than I should be, I know. Maybe it's just that the character has helped me through some tough times and looking forward to her show helped me through this horrible year, and then they go and do this.

If I'm proven wrong and her next MCU role treats her better, then maybe I'll start following her again. But I have to stop following her now and learn to let her go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I understand how you feel, although at the same time...I feel like it's important for Wanda to still have fans like you or myself who still believe in and care about her as a hero, and who don't give up on her.

Just my two cents.
    We get this pain you were going through my friend, just know you have friends here to help you through it and to talk to you with it and to help show you the light through the problems you are feeling about it.

Please stick around here, and share your feelings with us and we will help you through it because you have friends here who truly care about you.

We also should talk more about the positives of Wanda and talk about both pass loves of her and In our future beliefs in her as well too, when we do that we remind ourselves what she truly means to us and how we truly get through things that don’t always work out with us.

She is by her core a Truly Magnificent, lovely, enduring character that always gets through the hard things in her life and show us how to get through them, we just need to have faith and patience in the story she is going threw.

I have some ideas of how to talk about the pass and enduring stories of her so please stick around and show your ideas of those as well to help you heal and let’s talk about the greatness of Wanda and Our love for her.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

(Spoilers follow)

Well Wanda has been a favorite, very favorite character for nearly 50 years. I'm so glad that her not being a mutant fathered by Magneto hurt some people's feelings. Those that hated her with a passion for ages now, would be so happy if the pariah made it easier for their characters to settle into the MCU. Well, they can wait.

I identify a lot with her, but I'm not going to have it over the hero/not a hero thing. How can Hawkeye walk walk from his willful murders? But I don't see many giving that character as hard a time.

So we should all lighten up on ourselves. Wanda is in an act of forthcoming.

I actually wonder/suspect, if some of the glue between WV and DS2 will be the fact that Nightmare was pulling strings, or any demon type villain who . . . creates illusions.

This could still turn out to be some sort of varying illusion. I'm not convinced that some of those characters (Dottie/whoever) weren't just one-offs. We shall see.

Wanda may be the one who pierces all these other illusions and eventually draws Strange into the plot.

I think. I am happy enough with the MCU Wanda and happier still if none of the mutant baggage of the DA or HoM storyline ever shows it's face here.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well Wanda has been a favorite, very favorite character for nearly 50 years. I'm so glad that her not being a mutant fathered by Magneto hurt some people's feelings. Those that hated her with a passion for ages now, would be so happy if the pariah made it easier for their characters to settle into the MCU. Well, they can wait.

I identify a lot with her, but I'm not going to have it over the hero/not a hero thing. How can Hawkeye walk walk from his willful murders? But I don't see many giving that character as hard a time.

So we should all lighten up on ourselves. Wanda is in an act of forthcoming.

I actually wonder/suspect, if some of the glue between WV and DS2 will be the fact that Nightmare was pulling strings, or any demon type villain who . . . creates illusions.

This could still turn out to be some sort of varying illusion. I'm not convinced that some of those characters (Dottie/whoever) weren't just one-offs. We shall see.

Wanda may be the one who pierces all these other illusions and eventually draws Strange into the plot.

I think. I am happy enough with the MCU Wanda and happier still if none of the mutant baggage of the DA or HoM storyline ever shows it's face here.
    Hawkeye commited murder, they were criminals but they deserved a fair trial. I onl saw few people say that he was racist because he went after mexican drug cartels and the japanese mafia LOL. He probbly killed other criminals in USA soil before them.
    He was grieving, but he did wrong. People only excuse because they are all criminals.

I'm also glad we won't deal with mutants baggage.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hawkeye commited murder, they were criminals but they deserved a fair trial. I onl saw few people say that he was racist because he went after mexican drug cartels and the japanese mafia LOL. He probbly killed other criminals in USA soil before them.
    He was grieving, but he did wrong. People only excuse because they are all criminals.

I'm also glad we won't deal with mutants baggage.
    i agree about Hawkeye. I'm surprised they went with that.

I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually made the Scarlet Witch look work.

That tiara is a 10/10.

Incredible costume. Probably the best in the MCU current lineup. Iconic.

****. I can't believe I'm saying this!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually made the Scarlet Witch look work.

That tiara is a 10/10.

Incredible costume. Probably the best in the MCU current lineup. Iconic.

****. I can't believe I'm saying this!
    Agreed but a brighter shade of red would have been perfection, don’t you think?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Now that you mention it, that WOULD be perfection. I think the costume designs for the WandaVision characters were incredible. I was VERY skeptical they could pull off a Scarlet Witch costume that wouldn't look corny as hell. But somehow they did!

Ultimate Member

I agree. I feel sometimes the colors in the MCU costumes are too muted. Not Zach Snyder level, but could be better

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Honestly I don’t expect her look to remain the same threw her MCU run, all MCU heroes constantly changed threw costumes and looks threw out their runs. So maybe as she goes on the costume will slowly become more lighter red as a showing her progress as being her own independent witch!

That be Awesomeness!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Now that you mention it, that WOULD be perfection. I think the costume designs for the WandaVision characters were incredible. I was VERY skeptical they could pull off a Scarlet Witch costume that wouldn't look corny as hell. But somehow they did!
    The headress really makes all the difference, So much flavor and distinctiveness just in a single piece of costume, it’s incredible.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The headress really makes all the difference, So much flavor and distinctiveness just in a single piece of costume, it’s incredible.
    The tiara makes the costume work. And I thought that would be the cheesiest part of it. But the headdress actually looks really REGAL on Olsen. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly I don’t expect her look to remain the same threw her MCU run, all MCU heroes constantly changed threw costumes and looks threw out their runs. So maybe as she goes on the costume will slowly become more lighter red as a showing her progress as being her own independent witch!

That be Awesomeness!
    That would be neat, say did you notice how her crown seemed to be sparkling with power while she was floating? It really gave her costume the right accents of red