Page 716 of 774 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Again Williams never said Trash of Magneto was about the Axis Retcon, it was about redeeming Wanda in the eyes of mutantkind. However given how bad TOM as been, I don't have any faith of that being done in a satisfactory manner.
    People again build expectations out of nowhere, no one at Marvel even hinted that the retcon would be undone. Nothing on the comic hints at that, seems like they will stay non mutants

I think this might be a missed opportunity, writing has been really weak so I'm not sure if this will close the hate on Wanda from x-men fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I never get why people expected them to change wanda mutant status. I'm my opinion that wouldn't have made her more usable in the avengers books (where they don't even care or use her), and there's to many characters in the mutant books for her to take panel time from them, like it was never going to happen.

Marvel Comics just needs to find a place for her in the magic corner of marvel, like Darkhold Alpha and create a new team of magical characters, a midnight suns ongoings etc.
    I feel like Wanda/Pietro got the worse since Remender got out of Marvel, seemed like he had a plan for them but secret wars hit and he just prefered to do creator owned.

I don't think Wanda not being mutant was a problem for Avengers books. Mutant books barely work out their magic characters.

Now i hope Leah is right and there is plans for Wanda
    Last edited by Writerblog; 11-30-2021 at 08:47 AM.

I was saying that wanda being a mutant again wouldn't have made her more usable in any book IMO.

spoilers:
    just read the new trial issue because it's out in some countries like australia, and leah it's such a bad writer, it's so cringe to read it at times and the art looks so cheap in some pages... but it was expected... i wish this story was handled by someone else

They just made this mini event to take some sales from WandaVision which is a good thing but this book is trash
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-30-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Sounds like Wanda will continue to be left on the table doing nothing of real substance until after the Dr. Strange movie at least, if not longer. Weird that other characters don't have to sit in a holding pattern until the MCU points them into a new direction. Spider-man still gets to have adventures and new status quos while we are waiting for "No Way Home" to hit theaters.

Even without the movies it's such a weird arbitrary rule. Wolverine can have a solo, appear in two team books and still make an occasional guest appearance in another character's series with no problem. But others like Rogue, Emma Frost or Scarlet Witch can't appear in more than one title because Duggan or Bendis has "dibs." (And who knows if they will even be used by said writer!)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Sounds like Wanda will continue to be left on the table doing nothing of real substance until after the Dr. Strange movie at least, if not longer. Weird that other characters don't have to sit in a holding pattern until the MCU points them into a new direction. Spider-man still gets to have adventures and new status quos while we are waiting for "No Way Home" to hit theaters.

Even without the movies it's such a weird arbitrary rule. Wolverine can have a solo, appear in two team books and still make an occasional guest appearance in another character's series with no problem. But others like Rogue, Emma Frost or Scarlet Witch can't appear in more than one title because Duggan or Bendis has "dibs." (And who knows if they will even be used by said writer!)
    Spider-Man is a big revenue generator for the comics ends of the Marvel business. Always had been. He's had the most merchandise by far over the years of any character. Amazing Spider-Man has been a top seller for decades. I doubt you will ever see Amazing Spider-Man put on a "holding pattern"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Spider-Man is a big revenue generator for the comics ends of the Marvel business. Always had been. He's had the most merchandise by far over the years of any character. Amazing Spider-Man has been a top seller for decades. I doubt you will ever see Amazing Spider-Man put on a "holding pattern"
    That's what I was saying. Popular characters like Wolverine and Spidey don't ever have to wait for a movie to dictate a comic book direction. (Hell, Marvel has even killed some heroes off while their movie was being promoted.) Why is this a problem for the lesser popular characters only? We have already seen that films don't really have an impact on comic book floppy sales, otherwise Guardians of the Galaxy and all it's solo titles (Rocket, Groot, Starlord) would still be published.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I hope they can move on with wanda once this book is over and use her in the other books now where she's with her friends or about magic as it should be.
    I would love that. Draw a line under HOM for good and get some new material going.

Marvel has had this weird editorial control of Wanda since AD/HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ugh, so there's some leaked panels of TOM#4 and let me just say I'm pissed...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    That's what I was saying. Popular characters like Wolverine and Spidey don't ever have to wait for a movie to dictate a comic book direction. (Hell, Marvel has even killed some heroes off while their movie was being promoted.) Why is this a problem for the lesser popular characters only? We have already seen that films don't really have an impact on comic book floppy sales, otherwise Guardians of the Galaxy and all it's solo titles (Rocket, Groot, Starlord) would still be published.
    Very simply. The popularity of Wolverine and Spider-Man generates revenue for the comics. Amazing Spider-Man is an evergreen title. It does well with or without any movies to push it and has been Marvel's biggest seller since the Stan Lee days. In September, ASM # 73 ranked #2, #74 ranked #4 (and cost $9.99), Wolverine #16 ranked #32. Daredevil hasn't had a movie for decades and his readers has kept him up there in the sales, ranking #9 last month. The quality and the creative team is a big factor for that.

Comics have to be self-supporting otherwise you wouldn't see comics getting cancelled. Sometimes they relaunch, sometimes they don't. Wanda's problem if one goes by the X-Men forum here she is poison to many X-Men fans since Bendis practically ruined the character in House of M. No Avenger title would use her either. She stayed in limbo for years. It could be that some writers just didn't want to deal with the baggage that comes with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What!! Dish

spoilers:
    I think the panels are a little misleading, because the things are being said to the clone, which makes no sense. But it could come out and not make sense anyway. Seems to be par for the course of this event.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I was saying that wanda being a mutant again wouldn't have made her more usable in any book IMO.

spoilers:
    just read the new trial issue because it's out in some countries like australia, and leah it's such a bad writer, it's so cringe to read it at times and the art looks so cheap in some pages... but it was expected... i wish this story was handled by someone else

They just made this mini event to take some sales from WandaVision which is a good thing but this book is trash
    end of spoilers
    Saw some leaks and laughed a lot. It is so over the top. Hilarious stuff

If they were trying to get the Wanda vision hype, they could choose a better writer and story. No wonder sales plummeted

I too saw the leaks y'all best acknowledge the true son!! The Loyal One!

PM details?

If You want to see the leaked Images here

https://mobile.twitter.com/Non_Royal...70844874018818