Page 374 of 509 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 7633
  1. #5596
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are not. As another poster mentioned, fans are not happy with the handling of Zatanna. Just like fans aren't happy when Doctor Strange is depowered. It hasn't been well received. Cost storytelling is why Wanda is in her current state, which fans do not enjoy. Wanda never said what happened was some other chick. I have to wonder if you are posting that to get a rise, because that's not what happened.

    Costs most often mean suffering or loss. Wanda has had plenty of bad. She doesn't need anymore.

    Comas are a bad thing. They definitely are not positive and Wanda was already comatose in a terrible story called HoM.

    She did not benefit from that.
    Yeah, Zee is a fave of mine and she could have been handled better. in the first JLD she's practically a damsel in distress for most of it and in the second one she's depowered again and is usually just there for exposition, At least the current writer still has her use her magic just in a more cautious way, instead of leaving her powerless for half the volume

  2. #5597
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Where ever you are reading does not have a pulse on fan reaction very well. Especially for the Bendis Superman stuff.

    Rules in magic and costs are different. Rules keep certain things from happening. Or certain things from being used. Costs are usually stories where someone does the thing anyway and pays for it. Like in your Rumplstilskin example. Also the coma example. Or Odin example.

    Then Wizard of Earthsea seems more up your ally I guess.

    Yes, it's possible to be corrupted from the Darkhold, but also broken from it. Wanda has been possessed fully from it which is a tired old story. She really should be able to read from it because she controls Chthon's powers. It doesn't make sense.

    You want Wanda to pay a price for using magic, which she already has in a terrible story you know people don't like, but don't understand why you are being criticized? ok ....
    Yeah, maybe I'm looking at the wrong reviews. I know Bendis's work at DC has been panned, but Ram V's (interesting name there) has been relatively well-received? From what I've read online, it seems that Zatanna is in good hands with him at the helm. I could be incorrect though. Wouldn't be the first time...For this afternoon.

    The Once Upon a Time and the Norse mythology cases are pretty extreme, I'll concede. When it comes to Ged's comas, I see it just as examples of him failing to recognize the limits of his power. "The first time he gathered a fog to protect his village from intruders. The major use of his powers overcomes the balance in his untrained body, rendering him unconscious. Luckily he is healed by Ogion's superior wizardry. The second time Ged falls into a coma happens after he looses the shadow. This rash use of forbidden power is his most dangerous, and the most difficult to recover from. Ged falls into a coma after chasing Ioeth too far into the afterlife, trying to save him from dying. His pet otak brings him back by licking his face, reminding him of his connection to the world." I don't see it as some sort of "punishment" for using powers. Ged learns that his power has limits and that's it. No more comas in the rest of the book. He learned his lesson. Doesn't make him less mighty, just more wise. But those were EXTREME examples of using his magic. So the cost was more. Now Wanda's comas were done in a TOTALLY different and destructive way. Marvel didn't make her sympathetic at all in those instances and ruins the whole idea of learning the limits of power in a sympathetic way (in my view). I definitely think it could have been done in a better way and made Wanda a more sympathetic character. Like in her own show. Just my opinion.

    Apparently reading the Darkhold "drives the heroes absolutely insane". Maybe she won't be because she knows it so well and the other dudes get fucked up because they can't handle dark magic. I see most of the team Wanda gathers together is "science-based". Blade is a supernatural character, but I consider him more to be a "street-level" one. Probably he can help Wanda with the mystical stuff. I'm glad he's there. He, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are my four favorite Marvel supernatural "street-level characters". I'm surprised that Janet will be the only other lady on the team. Since Wanda's leading it, I thought there would be more of them in it. Looks interesting. Never heard of Orlando before. Wonder if he's related to Tony? Anyhow, no hard feelings GenericUsername!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-11-2021 at 03:34 PM.

  3. #5598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Darkhold Alpha confirmed for September https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=121157630
    ¡¡¡Congratulations!!!can´t wait to read it, I hope it´s a great story
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  4. #5599
    Incredible Member PhoenixThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Darkhold Alpha confirmed for September https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=121157630
    FINALLY, it's about time Marvel, more Wanda is warranted.
    I enjoy anything Marvel cosmic, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

    (Marvel/DC fan for 42+ years)

  5. #5600
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,973

    Default

    Man, 15 months late. Damn that virus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #5601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, maybe I'm looking at the wrong reviews. I know Bendis's work at DC has been panned, but Ram V's (interesting name there) has been relatively well-received? From what I've read online, it seems that Zatanna is in good hands with him at the helm. I could be incorrect though. Wouldn't be the first time...For this afternoon.

    The Once Upon a Time and the Norse mythology cases are pretty extreme, I'll concede. When it comes to Ged's comas, I see it just as examples of him failing to recognize the limits of his power. "The first time he gathered a fog to protect his village from intruders. The major use of his powers overcomes the balance in his untrained body, rendering him unconscious. Luckily he is healed by Ogion's superior wizardry. The second time Ged falls into a coma happens after he looses the shadow. This rash use of forbidden power is his most dangerous, and the most difficult to recover from. Ged falls into a coma after chasing Ioeth too far into the afterlife, trying to save him from dying. His pet otak brings him back by licking his face, reminding him of his connection to the world." I don't see it as some sort of "punishment" for using powers. Ged learns that his power has limits and that's it. No more comas in the rest of the book. He learned his lesson. Doesn't make him less mighty, just more wise. But those were EXTREME examples of using his magic. So the cost was more. Now Wanda's comas were done in a TOTALLY different and destructive way. Marvel didn't make her sympathetic at all in those instances and ruins the whole idea of learning the limits of power in a sympathetic way (in my view). I definitely think it could have been done in a better way and made Wanda a more sympathetic character. Like in her own show. Just my opinion.

    Apparently reading the Darkhold "drives the heroes absolutely insane". Maybe she won't be because she knows it so well and the other dudes get fucked up because they can't handle dark magic. I see most of the team Wanda gathers together is "science-based". Blade is a supernatural character, but I consider him more to be a "street-level" one. Probably he can help Wanda with the mystical stuff. I'm glad he's there. He, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are my four favorite Marvel supernatural "street-level characters". I'm surprised that Janet will be the only other lady on the team. Since Wanda's leading it, I thought there would be more of them in it. Looks interesting. Never heard of Orlando before. Wonder if he's related to Tony? Anyhow, no hard feelings GenericUsername!
    No hard feelings at all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #5602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Man, 15 months late. Damn that virus.
    Yeah, at least it's finally happening though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  8. #5603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    ¡¡¡Congratulations!!!can´t wait to read it, I hope it´s a great story
    Me too! Will be so nice to read a comic with Wanda in it for a bit.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #5604
    Incredible Member PhoenixThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Me too! Will be so nice to read a comic with Wanda in it for a bit.
    100%, Wanda is also going to feature in the upcoming Avengers: Tech-on mini-series.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-11-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    I enjoy anything Marvel cosmic, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

    (Marvel/DC fan for 42+ years)

  10. #5605
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Now i just wanda to see those variant covers of Wanda (the mark brooks and Artgerm ones)

  11. #5606
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Now i just wanda to see those variant covers of Wanda (the mark brooks and Artgerm ones)
    Yes! This is probably what it was referencing! My body is so ready.

  12. #5607
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The characters above Wanda in her variant cover are different from Doom's.



    They look like a vampire Dr. Strange, monster Deadpool, Rachel Grey, monster Magneto, someone I can't ID, and someone with horns. Wonder if they have any significance?
    Gross. It looks like Carnage.

  13. #5608
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,736

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Darkhold Alpha confirmed for September https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=121157630
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yes!!! almost a year late but here we have the darkhold book
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s going to be the season of THE WITCH, not just any the SCARLET WITCH
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm so happy for you guys ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Thank you! I hope it's a great story!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    ¡¡¡Congratulations!!!can´t wait to read it, I hope it´s a great story
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Man, 15 months late. Damn that virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, at least it's finally happening though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Me too! Will be so nice to read a comic with Wanda in it for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100%, Wanda is also going to feature in the upcoming Avengers: Tech-on mini-series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Yes! This is probably what it was referencing! My body is so ready.
    This Below Says IT ALL I Have to feel about this News and I am certain for Everyone Else Here!!


    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  14. #5609
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No hard feelings at all.
    Great! That being said, I don't think Marvel should change the "rules" of magic AGAIN after establishing them only a few years ago. I understand you don't like magic having a price, but as far as I know, the rules of magic haven't changed since 2015. I don't wanna see any more magical "retcons" just yet:

    https://ew.com/article/2015/06/22/ma...strange-comic/

    Maybe the only "costs" Wanda has to endure to use magic is eating weird eyeball casseroles like her friend Stephen had to some years back. LOL!

    I do have confidence in how Feige will treat magic in the MCU (in regards to the rules applied to it). Look at how much effort Marvel Studios is expending in trying to make "time travel" actually make sense. I think they're doing a great job on THAT front:

    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-...-travel-rules/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-11-2021 at 07:53 PM.

  15. #5610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Great! That being said, I don't think Marvel should change the "rules" of magic AGAIN after establishing them only a few years ago. I understand you don't like magic having a price, but as far as I know, the rules of magic haven't changed since 2015. I don't wanna see any more magical "retcons" just yet:

    https://ew.com/article/2015/06/22/ma...strange-comic/

    Maybe the only "costs" Wanda has to endure to use magic is eating weird eyeball casseroles like her friend Stephen had to some years back. LOL!

    I do have confidence in how Feige will treat magic in the MCU (in regards to the rules applied to it). Look at how much effort Marvel Studios is expending in trying to make "time travel" actually make sense. I think they're doing a great job on THAT front:

    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-...-travel-rules/
    No eyeballs lol. That was weird.

    I don't have any reason to not have confidence in the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •