Page 333 of 774 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In essence, their vaunted abilities did not see this.

How many ways and circumstances should have shown them this truth now?

And do they accept it because 'she' said so? I mean, did High Evolutionary send up Letters 1000 feet tall, "To Sir with Love, PS, Wanda and Pietro are not really mutants"

I think it's on them if she's a pretender. Gosh, I'm even more glad I don't read those stories and don't worry out there if you're one of the big X fans.

I'm going to stop even posting about Wanda and any intersectionality with mutants.
    Intersectionality?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which is not accurate. Magneto when saving her and Pietro told them they were mutants. They had never heard of such a thing before that. To pretend, you have to know you are not something you are pretending to be. Even Sentinels and Xavier didn't know.
    Exactly, if they want to call anyone a Pretender it is Franklin, as stupidly retconed by Slott.

Also showing the whole they are not Magneto's kids and also not mutants was so badly thought out; like what was the point of the lie in the first place. Why would the HE even make it look like two babies were mutants in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In essence, their vaunted abilities did not see this.

How many ways and circumstances should have shown them this truth now?

And do they accept it because 'she' said so? I mean, did High Evolutionary send up Letters 1000 feet tall, "To Sir with Love, PS, Wanda and Pietro are not really mutants"

I think it's on them if she's a pretender. Gosh, I'm even more glad I don't read those stories and don't worry out there if you're one of the big X fans.

I'm going to stop even posting about Wanda and any intersectionality with mutants.
    This is marvel and something to do with Wanda. Of course everyone accepts everything at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Intersectionality?
    Anything that might align her or put her / them in each other's 'lives'.

So maybe that was not the right word. I just don't want to keep reading about her and them. I liked it better when they were their own set of stories and really, really stayed out of the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Their stories and their stance on Wanda, only create divisiveness.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Which is not accurate. Magneto when saving her and Pietro told them they were mutants. They had never heard of such a thing before that. To pretend, you have to know you are not something you are pretending to be. Even Sentinels and Xavier didn't know.
    BAM! BAMBAMBAM!
    Magneto has tons of playtime himself. Pretends to be a leader, someone else, etc. Willful manipulations fall under that, to me. So many changes/moods of character, and if that is not pretending, than it is psychological.

I fear to go further as it continues to say more about those fans that like him or always give HIM a pass.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

a lot of people think artificial sweeteners are 'false', and wrong or harmful (researcher here, nothing really significant on the statistical level, sorry, same with "MSG" in Chinese food causing headaches and such - not really true)

But sugar is just as artificial as those sweeteners and probably just as harmful, over a lifespan, or not even.

My take on what H.E. said, was that they, the twins were his idea of a mutant. He created artificial mutants.

Which to me, explains or would explain, why everyone, every possible test, always did NOT indicate they were not mutants.

I'm expected to believe that Xmen characters, including some "high" intellect scientists, with access to Shiar or other advanced science and technology

and none of these folks or resources could tell? And Magneto or anyone involved never had their DNA matched against their children. Where is the idea of parentage NOT resolved - or confirmed, by DNA.

So if Wanda is a Pretender, we need a poll for Magneto as pretender

Because for decades he took advantage of this fact as fact,

for his own schemes. He pretends at a far greater level than

"our Wanda". (first time I ever said that, is it okay?)
    ~ Oberon ~

Hmmn, I did not know HE said he made his version of mutant in Wanda and Pietro.

But instead of being "artificial mutants", I think they would be mutates. Only mutants show on Mutant Scanners like the Sentinels. Although, the Sentinels once thought Jean Cyclops and Beast were really Wanda Pietro and Toad from how they were dressed and not by the powers they possess. The Sentinel scanners did not detect them for who they really are. So maybe....?????

Magneto is on trial soon, but we do not know for what he did. Perhaps for being a pretender? Or something else.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly, if they want to call anyone a Pretender it is Franklin, as stupidly retconed by Slott.

Also showing the whole they are not Magneto's kids and also not mutants was so badly thought out; like what was the point of the lie in the first place. Why would the HE even make it look like two babies were mutants in the first place?
    Not even Franklin. Because he was a child when he was determined to be a mutant. Wanda and Pietro just teenagers.

Other characters thought to be mutants and weren't: Falcon, Squirrel Girl and Quake. Never labeled pretenders as well.

It's dumb. Exodus is dumb, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn, I did not know HE said he made his version of mutant in Wanda and Pietro.

But instead of being "artificial mutants", I think they would be mutates. Only mutants show on Mutant Scanners like the Sentinels. Although, the Sentinels once thought Jean Cyclops and Beast were really Wanda Pietro and Toad from how they were dressed and not by the powers they possess. The Sentinel scanners did not detect them for who they really are. So maybe....?????

Magneto is on trial soon, but we do not know for what he did. Perhaps for being a pretender? Or something else.
    I have a feeling that whatever Mags is on trial for has nothing to do with Wanda. People keep thinking they are building up to the x-books dealing with Wanda. But all they've done is label her wrong and have what happened in Genosha almost a year ago now. Which didn't match with the other appearances of Wanda then in a completely different costume. And had her be a magic novice. Even though she wasn't that after learning from Agatha.

These books are likely not gonna deal with Wanda. And even if they do, it won't be done well. If anything they'll just deal with how mutants have been dealing with their existance since Decimation.

I really feel like if Marvel had intended on completely obsolving Wanda of M-day and pulling her back into the fray, they'd have done it already. At least within the past 7 years of the character being in the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Not even Franklin. Because he was a child when he was determined to be a mutant. Wanda and Pietro just teenagers.

Other characters thought to be mutants and weren't: Falcon, Squirrel Girl and Quake. Never labeled pretenders as well.

Nobody cares about Quake or squirrel Girl (her retcon was more of a joke and she was never a x-men) as mutants.

I have a feeling that whatever Mags is on trial for has nothing to do with Wanda. People keep thinking they are building up to the x-books dealing with Wanda. But all they've done is label her wrong and have what happened in Genosha almost a year ago now. Which didn't match with the other appearances of Wanda then in a completely different costume. And had her be a magic novice. Even though she wasn't that after learning from Agatha.

These books are likely not gonna deal with Wanda. And even if they do, it won't be done well. If anything they'll just deal with how mutants have been dealing with their existance since Decimation.

I really feel like if Marvel had intended on completely obsolving Wanda of M-day and pulling her back into the fray, they'd have done it already. At least within the past 7 years of the character being in the MCU.
    Overall that is what I think as well. It seems way to long to hash out the past. Mags must have done something newly bad---he even changed his white costume to black.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

X-men books uses Wanda as bait to try to sell more books. They arent interested on solving the problem, they want to milk it

Of course someone big from Marvel, even Kevin Feige might question why there is so little done with her on the last years and wy she isn't a on a book right now to take profit of the popularity of the tv show

I also think the truial have nothing to do with Wanda, but it can build on fans speculations about it

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Eh, the "Pretender" tag to me is qualified. If Wanda was actively pretending to be a mutant, it would have more impact. But she only learned about her real genetic status recently, via a not universally accepted retcon at that. It's not like she wanted to pretend to be a mutant.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Eh, the "Pretender" tag to me is qualified. If Wanda was actively pretending to be a mutant, it would have more impact. But she only learned about her real genetic status recently, via a not universally accepted retcon at that. It's not like she wanted to pretend to be a mutant.
    Seems logical, yet people act otherwise

Franklin is (technically) a pretender as he did fool everyone that he was a mutant, but managed to avoid it by Xavier stating that Franklin unconsciously made himself a mutant.
    Still I can't wait for a story that reveals Exodus was never a mutant and had been fooling everyone.