Page 505 of 625 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 9374
  1. #7561
    Fantastic Member Writerblog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes but she wasn't the target. We saw it happening in slo-mo but from Hayward's POV she moved into the line of fire too quickly for him to realize at first or to react.
    Things will get complicate if black characters can't be shoot by cops(SHIeLD) anymore on fiction. She moved really fast and it was a Luke cage/superman moments, bullets can't hurt her.
    That is a great moment

    People bring Monica race just to screw over the tv show as if it was racists
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-23-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  2. #7562
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The optics were still bad. In the same episode. Monica, the one black woman, gets shot by the cops
    In that case the guy shooting her is actually meant to be the villain and gets arrested at the end. Plus the fact that he wasn't actually shooting her but Billy and Tommy, and she phases the bullets and never actually gets hurt. Monica was painted in the best light throughout the whole show, tbh, so I don't really get the criticism besides "We hate Wanda so we're mad that Monica's on her side".

  3. #7563
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    People bring Monica rcae just to screw over the tv show as if it was racists
    Yeah I already read such reactions from YouTube clips of the shooting.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  4. #7564
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,478

    Default

    The "they'll never know what you sacrificed for them" was a bad line, but it's pretty clear what Monica is trying to say. She wants more than anything to bring her mom back. Wanda actually got Vision back and had to let him die again (and her kids, as far as she knows) because their existence was corrupted. They should have written a better line that didn't make it sound like the people should be grateful to her for letting them go. But that's the "sacrifice" she's talking about. Vision was real, the kids were real, and now they're gone, and Monica is thinking about how it would feel if she brought her mother back and had to watch her die again.

    Note that I'm not saying it was heroic for Wanda to let them go. It was the bare minimum she could do, that doesn't make her a hero. But she's not a villain yet. She will be if she keeps it up, though. We'll see.

    (Actually the show never addressed the question: if Wanda can kick Monica out of the Hex then couldn't she just kick everyone else out and keep Vision and her kids alive? But I don't think the writers thought it through very much, so let's just assume that Monica could go in and out because she wasn't part of the original spell.)

  5. #7565
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The "they'll never know what you sacrificed for them" was a bad line, but it's pretty clear what Monica is trying to say. She wants more than anything to bring her mom back. Wanda actually got Vision back and had to let him die again (and her kids, as far as she knows) because their existence was corrupted. They should have written a better line that didn't make it sound like the people should be grateful to her for letting them go. But that's the "sacrifice" she's talking about. Vision was real, the kids were real, and now they're gone, and Monica is thinking about how it would feel if she brought her mother back and had to watch her die again.

    Note that I'm not saying it was heroic for Wanda to let them go. It was the bare minimum she could do, that doesn't make her a hero. But she's not a villain yet. She will be if she keeps it up, though. We'll see.

    (Actually the show never addressed the question: if Wanda can kick Monica out of the Hex then couldn't she just kick everyone else out and keep Vision and her kids alive? But I don't think the writers thought it through very much, so let's just assume that Monica could go in and out because she wasn't part of the original spell.)
    I think the problem with Monica is she was poised to be the character who was sympathetic and willing to listen to Wanda and whether that was warranted or deserved depends upon how you view Wanda's actions in the Hex. In my personal opinion, it wasn't justified.

    (Also Hayward was kind of unnecessary).

  6. #7566
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The optics were still bad. In the same episode. Monica, the one black woman, gets shot by the cops
    Hayward shot at both a black woman, & a gay child that's kinda sus.

  7. #7567
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also a couple other things, feel free to ignore this

    1)You seem to think that you are the guardian of Wanda and her thread from HoM.Which is fine but when you say stuff like "cut some slack" it seems like you think other people on this thread are your inferiors.It's a public forum and you are on the same position as most others here.

    2)You are surely more well-versed with 616 Wanda than me, but i have read enough Wanda pre-HoM to have a basic understanding of her character.And we are talking about MCU Wanda who is drastically different than 616 Wanda and I am well-versed in her stuff.Watched all of MCU 2+ with focus.Watched stuff like CW like 10+ times but dinner or in background.I think I have a good understanding of the character and can make my own opinion.

    3)You never did mention the one villain from MCU who you feel is unjustifiable.I think I could make a point that gets across with that, pick any one(except red skull because I just got a lot of heat regarding that topic and am not touching that with Namor's trident).Anyone else is fair game.(also if the other guy made this point, then ignore.And if other guys is reading, please do this.)

    4)I have no idea how you get the idea I want her to be in any remotely lewd stuff.Seems like you are tying my points to a lot of other experiences you have had(regarding wanda).
    Jeez, will you stop now, this is getting embarassing.
    The lewd stuff is clearly a bloody joke, I explained right away, I was claiming you a beating a dead horse and bringing no actual fresh topic to the table.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2021 at 05:27 PM.

  8. #7568
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Ya know what's funny so many people on this forum hate HOM cause it supposedly broke/villanized Wanda's character. Meanwhile here I am waiting/praying for my fave "Billy" to have his own HOM moment/Villain type story I would love for my fave to go down a dark path but it's probably never gonna happen the irony of it all is hysterical to my high ass.

  9. #7569
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    If you want the exact HoM treatment, I seriously doubt you won't end up resentful after 7 years of never seeing him for a story barely about him.
    I wouldn't even wish it upon my most hated characters.
    I know some people are into the dark edgy shit, but HoM is not your cool dark edginess, it's simly dumb and not about your favorite character.

  10. #7570

    Default

    I have a strange filling that Trial of Magneto is going to retcon the lifeforce and getting possessed as Wanda losing control of her powers from grief and that she was a reality warper with Chaos Magic the whole time and Doom lied to save face.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  11. #7571
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Life Force doesn't conflict with Chaos Magic, the former is just the battery for the engine.
    Also if Life Force is fake, what got Doom juiced up nd kill Cassie?

  12. #7572
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I have a strange filling that Trial of Magneto is going to retcon the lifeforce and getting possessed as Wanda losing control of her powers from grief and that she was a reality warper with Chaos Magic the whole time and Doom lied to save face.
    I doubt they'll even touch on Doom, unless it's just a line or two about how he manipulated Wanda.

  13. #7573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Life Force doesn't conflict with Chaos Magic, the former is just the battery for the engine.
    Also if Life Force is fake, what got Doom juiced up nd kill Cassie?
    He could have stole Wanda’s power. It’s been shown that it’s possible to steal magic even in CC Billy told them Wanda doesn’t have those power because Doom stole it. Even in Wanda’s solo she took the Emerald Warlock’s magic.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  14. #7574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    He could have stole Wanda’s power. It’s been shown that it’s possible to steal magic even in CC Billy told them Wanda doesn’t have those power because Doom stole it. Even in Wanda’s solo she took the Emerald Warlock’s magic.
    Doom stole the life force. Not her chaos magic. Her powers are given to her by Chthon. It's not like it can be siphoned from her. Because it relies on who Chthon chooses.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #7575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I doubt they'll even touch on Doom, unless it's just a line or two about how he manipulated Wanda.
    Like I’m not saying that they will mention him, but say that it was Wanda’s own innate power the whole time.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •