Page 669 of 774 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    You can't be serious, Anya being a human would never bring embarrasment to Magneto, he loved her more than anything, when she existed he was just a man surviving life not a mutant terrorist. She's not going to be resurrected anyway, is impossible to have a back up since she died too early, and years before Magneto even met Xavier.
    Though with magic(and the will of the writer) anything is possible.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

You can't be serious, Anya being a human would never bring embarrasment to Magneto, he loved her more than anything, when she existed he was just a man surviving life not a mutant terrorist. She's not going to be resurrected anyway, is impossible to have a back up since she died too early, and years before Magneto even met Xavier.
    He apparently loves Wanda yet was embarrassed by her being called a Pretender and never defended her. Even if he wasn't embarrassed by Anya being a human, his followers might take issue.

baumblume

Last edited by baumblume; 10-12-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    He apparently loves Wanda yet was embarrassed by her being called a Pretender and never defended her.
    Nobody has defended Wanda throughout this entire thing. I was hoping "Trial of Magneto" would mention this, but if you think about it, the X-Men all sat around and did nothing as Krakoa was whipped up into a frenzy of hate against her, so the murder would be partly their fault. In theory Magneto inviting her to the gala would then be the only gesture of support anyone has made for her.

Not that I blame the characters for that, but I wish Hickman or somebody had at least bothered to have someone, anyone, stick up for her, or at least explain why nobody dared to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nobody has defended Wanda throughout this entire thing. I was hoping "Trial of Magneto" would mention this, but if you think about it, the X-Men all sat around and did nothing as Krakoa was whipped up into a frenzy of hate against her, so the murder would be partly their fault. In theory Magneto inviting her to the gala would then be the only gesture of support anyone has made for her.

Not that I blame the characters for that, but I wish Hickman or somebody had at least bothered to have someone, anyone, stick up for her, or at least explain why nobody dared to do it.
    I would also love for them to explain where the whole Pretender name came from and who thought of it. How come we don't hear of Cassandra Nova been hated in the same light.

They HAVE to give an explanation as why Cassie is not on that list instead of Trask or I'm going to scream

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Though with magic(and the will of the writer) anything is possible.
    Well, this is true lmao if Sinister could store Kwannon's kid in a zip file, anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

This is a bit of an issue I have with Hickman's writing. He is too plot driven and not very much character driven, at least in X-Men (with very few exceptions). If he is not going to explain the reasoning behind that data page why doing it in the first place? I still have some hope that is going to be adressed in Inferno.

Cassandra Nova not being on that list really annoyed me. She led Trasks nephew or cousin, can’t remember which, to those wild sentinels to reprogram their target so both had a hand in Genosha. Yet Wanda is the one Krakoa gives the most hate. The Pretender title is infuriating cause Magneto called them mutants when they first met and found out later that the HE purposely disguised them as mutants when they where babies. They told everyone that they weren’t mutants when they found out, but Wanda gets all the hate and her own name used as a slur.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 10-12-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I thought only Doom mom's was Romani.
    No, he was the healer of the tribe but I can understand how you can think he wasn't Romani. They certainly didn't use a Romani surname with Von Doom. Neither is Cynthia nor Werner. But the Romani have been known to change their names over the centuries but keep a secret name they don't give out to the "gaje" (Non Rom)
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-12-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No, he was the healer of the tribe but I can understand how you can think he wasn't Romani. They certainly didn't use a Romani surname with Von Doom. Neither is Cynthia nor Werner. But the Romani have been known to change their names over the centuries but keep a secret name they don't give out to the "gaje" (Non Rom)
    Yeah I know about secret names for sure. I'm glad someone is full blood. It just still doesn't makes sense for Wanda and Pietro to also be half when that was very unlikely. And still is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I know about secret names for sure. I'm glad someone is full blood. It just still doesn't makes sense for Wanda and Pietro to also be half when that was very unlikely. And still is.
    If you don’t mind me asking how doesn’t it make sense? There are plenty of historical instances where a person of persecuted minority would marry someone who isn’t of their people. Even with someone from an insular cultures it’s still likely.

This is a bit of an issue I have with Hickman's writing. He is too plot driven and not very much character driven, at least in X-Men (with very few exceptions). If he is not going to explain the reasoning behind that data page why doing it in the first place? I still have some hope that is going to be adressed in Inferno.
    It is his style and I think he went really slow on X-men, Inferno skipped a lot of things to get the end of his run. I think there is lot of quetions that won't be answered

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    He apparently loves Wanda yet was embarrassed by her being called a Pretender and never defended her. Even if he wasn't embarrassed by Anya being a human, his followers might take issue.
    Magneto will never be a good father
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-12-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It is his style and I think he went really slow on X-men, Inferno skipped a lot of things to get the end of his run. I think there is lot of quetions that won't be answered

Too true, he hasn't even been a good dad to Lorna

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Big true.

/10 char
    Love is for souls, not bodies.