Page 399 of 774 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's almost as if there are people who have complicated relationships with their parents!
    Complicated as in switching between hate/love/indifference mode on a whim.
    It's fine if you are writing a bratty teenage, unfortunately it's not

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Spoken like a bigoted flatscan! Mutants have more fun. Plus Wanda being a mutant makes HoM make more sense. Her not being one makes that outright villainous instead of tragic.
    HoM doesn't make sense in the first place.
    She is neither tragic or villainous in HoM, she was straight up braindead and comatose.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That is definitely what I expect, unfortunately. She gets killed for shock value, immediately brought back in some form.

The only bright spot would be if Ewing is involved in writing more of this story, since he is an Avengers writer and has some knowledge of Wanda beyond the "Magneto's daughter" identity. But it's in question how much of this story he'll get to write.
    I won't even be mad to be honest.
    A small price to pay for some people to see what this relationship actually is.
    Of course a lot of people will suck it up regardless which is unfortunate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ironically the only really negative reaction I've seen to the Wanda stuff today has been in this thread the X-Boards are being real chill about this.
    It's not their interests at stake, so yeah, so chill about a none-issue and a none-character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    But it's the Avengers office that never want to use her, after HoM they pretty washed their hands off her. Even now outside off the MCU Wanda isn't used much in the avengers side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers office is what butchered her character though I'd get the outrage if today's chapter had just been more bashing but it wasn't it was actually a healthy, much needed conversation with the promise of even doing better in the future. And this was done on the X-Books Avengers office is perfectly content ignoring Wanda IDK why people want that so much, Avengers office also was the 1 who had Wanda being a huge Mega B*tch after Childrens Crusade saying out of pocket **** further digging her grave. (,Which lowkey I fucked with heavily loved Rememenders Wanda she was fabulously problematic)
    Why are you acting like X-office is using her on a regular basis and with respect?
    And why are you acting like No Surrender/No Road Home don't exist?
    X-office let Ewing put out a scene where Wanda act like daddy's girl is somehow good enough to buy your trust? That's some low standard.

Extraordinary Member

I think Magneto is going to kill someone for Wanda instead of killing her
    Yeah, and I am ready to get on the good side of the fans of whoever he kills.
    We are all victims of being sucked into Magneto's narrative I would say.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I am always the most hopeful fan, looking at that things will and eventually do work out in the end either for our Wanda or many other characters and concepts in various media as I have been know to to a view that hope and love it usally what wins out in the day.

I just want to get out of the way that I think on this moment with Magneto and Wanda I can't help but feel very Warm Feelings about it and cause of the Artwork and it being written by Al Ewing, maybe one of the few, if not right now the only writer at marvel enought to do right by Wanda.

I Generaly think the Fans that look at this moment as a positive and the ways it is postive have made good on those views and what it could lead too.

But also Fans that are more concerned over this have justifiable reasons as well cause of concerns of such past hopes and burns of Wanda being used as a ploy to just further the story of others or just to be bullied in the X-Books quick and cheap sales.

We have to remember that it was only nearly a year ago we had the X-Men: Empyre 4 parter that also sparked similiar feels like these on both side and I remember not being to happy about Hickman pulling the triggers of the storylines he was going for then but was willing to see where it would go only for all of use to be burned in the end by a mishandling of Wanda and a burning of trust in the fans by how it all concluded.

So it makes sense to be warry or even concerned over this happening again and why should this be different, so it is a justifiable worry.

With all that layed out and where I come down on this is that Indeed it was a tender moment that hit my hard and gave me a feeling of hope with it. However, I was not to please with how Wanda was written seeming so scared or going to Magneto even if it was case of the Gala, but when it comes to Al Ewing I have a feeling he has a point to everything he writes and for Wanda he seems to be one of the only ones that cares.

But in the end this was just a Moment, nice, had flaws, but was at least a decent hearwarming moment, but it is just 1 moment.

Marvel and Al Ewing has ALLOT and I Mean Allot more work to do to even start to gain true trust in many to go with this and I feel it should be trended carefully, I have hope but we have been threw to many burns already and Marvel even Ewing need to gain main fans trust before they will start to see this as a postive, it only takes 1 panel to derail all the good will that moment had or any buildup that comes from it.

Right now I am more on the posistive route as I am normally on these points, but I am very warry to say it is all good sails yet or let see where this goes.

I will follow this like many and make my judgements when they come, I hope for the best like always, but I hope for more Stronger Writing of Wanda in any use going forward, any family dynamitcs to be even and not just about Magneto and mostly if this turns into another Wanda getting burned moment it will create much warry in the community for justifiable reasons.

So a Nice moment, one that has hope but has problems that I wish Wanda as presented more confidently, but one I hope does lead to an end to this infighting to start to bring the end of the story of HoM to an end, but much, much more has to be proven to me to see to get onboard truly, but I still hope for the best.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-23-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member

I do not want to be a part of the greater argument, yet I do have my own personal two cents to add.

I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to fictional worlds and characters that I love, but rarely were there anything I passionately hated. Sure, I don't really like how Ben Reilly been handle since his resurrection since the Clone Conspiracy, yet I was never angry about it. In general, I don't get too personally offended by decisions made in comics, and I try to keep level-head with everything. I'm sure there are several posts here that may suggest otherwise, however, I think being jaded and angry towards things I'm supposed to love isn't worth the energy

On that note, the whole retcon where they made Wanda and Pietro no longer mutants and be Magneto's children is something I've been passionately yelling at Marvel since it first happened during AXIS. I would always try to express my rage in every conversation I can sneak into. When I and my family were watching WandaVision, I of course were constantly informing my family how dumb the retcon in the comics every time they asked me a question. I was being annoying about it, yet I wanted my point to come across. It was something I couldn't, wouldn't let go of because of just how it was handle.

I've read multiple defenders on the retcon, and how some felt Wanda being a mutant wasn't the most important part of her character. While I admire people's attempts to justify it, the whole retcon happened in the first place was because of studio politics, and that is what absolutely kills it for me. I'm actually someone who doesn't believe that editorial mandated stories can't be good, but in these circumstances, the mandate was clearly done with pettiness rather than trying to do a good story. From my point of view, I can never accept the retcon because of that.

I could be jumping the gun on this because none of us really know if Marvel really plans to undo the retcon. Again, from my point of view, all the signs seem to point to that. Like I don't think Marvel will have that moment in SWORD, nor do I think Marvel will release a variant cover with the full House of Magneto line-up if the retcon wasn't at least acknowledge in some ways. Whatever direction they go with it, I'm interested in it.

On that note, if they do decide to leave it where SWORD left it, I would personally be fine with it... at least for the moment. The issue acknowledges their past relationship and has Magneto stepping in as a father figure for Wanda. Even if they are not bio-related, it seems as if they accept each other like family, which is all I ever wanted honestly. I just also want them to go the extra measure, and just get rid of that dumb, dumb retcon.

If you're wondering, or judging me, why I care so much for Wanda to be related to Magneto, I just like familial storylines. I find them engaging, and even when they aren't in the forefront of stories, stuff like that adds layers to characterizations and storylines. I also think them being related was a cool thing that connected the greater Marvel universe - one of the greatest mutants villains is the father of two Avengers. That to me was cool. I also think it humanizes Magneto, and I think gives both Wanda and Pietro an edginess. If they are children of a bad guy, then they have the capabilities of being bad themselves. It's never really a forefront storyline for Wanda, as she has always been more of a straight-laced until Disseamble, but again, I think the subtext is present.

Anyways, that's my personal thoughts and beliefs on the recent developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want them to make things right with Wanda and the X-Side like making her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, and either letting her fix M-Day or help out in another way like she tried in Empyre... But then move on with her life with her own stuff, like magic-related and/or going back to the Avengers, instead of being made an X-Men character.
    Exactly, if Marvel really want to do right by Wanda, then they did to full address and undo M-Day and all the other inconsistencies to do with her and mutantkind.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want them to make things right with Wanda and the X-Side like making her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, and either letting her fix M-Day or help out in another way like she tried in Empyre... But then move on with her life with her own stuff, like magic-related and/or going back to the Avengers, instead of being made an X-Men character.
    This is my hope too, sans her being a mutant. If she has to do a few arcs on the X-books to cleans the House of M taint once and for all and return to the Avengers, I’ll take it. I’m tired of this hanging over her like a bad smell.

I think Magneto is going to kill someone for Wanda instead of killing her
    I certainly hope so. The last things I want is for her or Tommy to be murdered by Magneto or anyone.

Magneto will probably kill Pietro again
    If there’s going to be a memorial on Krakoa for someone that is so respected by the Avengers that they come to blows over it, I can’t see it being for Pietro. He’s not particularly liked or respected by the vast majority of Avengers.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 06-24-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I do not want to be a part of the greater argument, yet I do have my own personal two cents to add.

I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to fictional worlds and characters that I love, but rarely were there anything I passionately hated. Sure, I don't really like how Ben Reilly been handle since his resurrection since the Clone Conspiracy, yet I was never angry about it. In general, I don't get too personally offended by decisions made in comics, and I try to keep level-head with everything. I'm sure there are several posts here that may suggest otherwise, however, I think being jaded and angry towards things I'm supposed to love isn't worth the energy

On that note, the whole retcon where they made Wanda and Pietro no longer mutants and be Magneto's children is something I've been passionately yelling at Marvel since it first happened during AXIS. I would always try to express my rage in every conversation I can sneak into. When I and my family were watching WandaVision, I of course were constantly informing my family how dumb the retcon in the comics every time they asked me a question. I was being annoying about it, yet I wanted my point to come across. It was something I couldn't, wouldn't let go of because of just how it was handle.

I've read multiple defenders on the retcon, and how some felt Wanda being a mutant wasn't the most important part of her character. While I admire people's attempts to justify it, the whole retcon happened in the first place was because of studio politics, and that is what absolutely kills it for me. I'm actually someone who doesn't believe that editorial mandated stories can't be good, but in these circumstances, the mandate was clearly done with pettiness rather than trying to do a good story. From my point of view, I can never accept the retcon because of that.

I could be jumping the gun on this because none of us really know if Marvel really plans to undo the retcon. Again, from my point of view, all the signs seem to point to that. Like I don't think Marvel will have that moment in SWORD, nor do I think Marvel will release a variant cover with the full House of Magneto line-up if the retcon wasn't at least acknowledge in some ways. Whatever direction they go with it, I'm interested in it.

On that note, if they do decide to leave it where SWORD left it, I would personally be fine with it... at least for the moment. The issue acknowledges their past relationship and has Magneto stepping in as a father figure for Wanda. Even if they are not bio-related, it seems as if they accept each other like family, which is all I ever wanted honestly. I just also want them to go the extra measure, and just get rid of that dumb, dumb retcon.

If you're wondering, or judging me, why I care so much for Wanda to be related to Magneto, I just like familial storylines. I find them engaging, and even when they aren't in the forefront of stories, stuff like that adds layers to characterizations and storylines. I also think them being related was a cool thing that connected the greater Marvel universe - one of the greatest mutants villains is the father of two Avengers. That to me was cool. I also think it humanizes Magneto, and I think gives both Wanda and Pietro an edginess. If they are children of a bad guy, then they have the capabilities of being bad themselves. It's never really a forefront storyline for Wanda, as she has always been more of a straight-laced until Disseamble, but again, I think the subtext is present.

I like familial storylines. It's just that Mags himself was a retcon for Wanda and Pietro. He didn't get retconned into her family until she was an adult and married, and was never the one to raise her. The Maximoffs raised her and regardless of retcons were always the ones that raised her. Through the Whizzer/Miss America parentage, Mags/Magda or Natalya and yet unnamed father. The retcon didn't do anything to her. Because she had very little association with it. It just retconned a retcon that was barely touched.

and I think gives both Wanda and Pietro an edginess. If they are children of a bad guy, then they have the capabilities of being bad themselves. It's never really a forefront storyline for Wanda, as she has always been more of a straight-laced until Disseamble, but again, I think the subtext is present.
    And I hate this part. They should not be defined and changed based on someone that ended up related to them 20 years after their creation. That sort of idea ruined Wanda.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-24-2021 at 12:30 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am always the most hopeful fan, looking at that things will and eventually do work out in the end either for our Wanda or many other characters and concepts in various media as I have been know to to a view that hope and love it usally what wins out in the day.

I just want to get out of the way that I think on this moment with Magneto and Wanda I can't help but feel very Warm Feelings about it and cause of the Artwork and it being written by Al Ewing, maybe one of the few, if not right now the only writer at marvel enought to do right by Wanda.

I Generaly think the Fans that look at this moment as a positive and the ways it is postive have made good on those views and what it could lead too.

But also Fans that are more concerned over this have justifiable reasons as well cause of concerns of such past hopes and burns of Wanda being used as a ploy to just further the story of others or just to be bullied in the X-Books quick and cheap sales.

We have to remember that it was only nearly a year ago we had the X-Men: Empyre 4 parter that also sparked similiar feels like these on both side and I remember not being to happy about Hickman pulling the triggers of the storylines he was going for then but was willing to see where it would go only for all of use to be burned in the end by a mishandling of Wanda and a burning of trust in the fans by how it all concluded.

So it makes sense to be warry or even concerned over this happening again and why should this be different, so it is a justifiable worry.

With all that layed out and where I come down on this is that Indeed it was a tender moment that hit my hard and gave me a feeling of hope with it. However, I was not to please with how Wanda was written seeming so scared or going to Magneto even if it was case of the Gala, but when it comes to Al Ewing I have a feeling he has a point to everything he writes and for Wanda he seems to be one of the only ones that cares.

But in the end this was just a Moment, nice, had flaws, but was at least a decent hearwarming moment, but it is just 1 moment.

Marvel and Al Ewing has ALLOT and I Mean Allot more work to do to even start to gain true trust in many to go with this and I feel it should be trended carefully, I have hope but we have been threw to many burns already and Marvel even Ewing need to gain main fans trust before they will start to see this as a postive, it only takes 1 panel to derail all the good will that moment had or any buildup that comes from it.

Right now I am more on the posistive route as I am normally on these points, but I am very warry to say it is all good sails yet or let see where this goes.

I will follow this like many and make my judgements when they come, I hope for the best like always, but I hope for more Stronger Writing of Wanda in any use going forward, any family dynamitcs to be even and not just about Magneto and mostly if this turns into another Wanda getting burned moment it will create much warry in the community for justifiable reasons.

So a Nice moment, one that has hope but has problems that I wish Wanda as presented more confidently, but one I hope does lead to an end to this infighting to start to bring the end of the story of HoM to an end, but much, much more has to be proven to me to see to get onboard truly, but I still hope for the best.
    Always respect your input and like always very well said CJ. I agree that this moment was sweet and can lead to potential story, but I'll reserve judgement until it becomes clearer that this will setup Wanda with more positive storytelling (Marvel has a lot of work to do to prove themself).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And I hate this part. They should not be defined and changed based on someone that ended up related to them 20 years after their creation. That sort of idea ruined Wanda.
    Same here, the whole my parent(s) are evil, therefore I might turn evil is ridiculous. In fact Wanda had that covesation with Moonknight and Vision in WCA, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post

No judgement and I firmly support you voicing your opinion. But I think it should be acknowledged (and this might be me misinterpreting what you wrote), but while being a mutant was an important aspect of Wanda's development, it certainly was never the most important part of her character. I agree that the change was certainly editorially mandated to create more synergy with MCU Wanda and the execution of it all was more than clunky.

However, I think your response does shine a light on the problem many Wanda fans have/had with her continued story with Magneto. And that is it is always framed in how it services his story and not hers. It was a relationship that provided more for Magneto than Wanda. Wanda was consistently framed as "Magneto's daughter", which to this day often casts a shadow over her individual development outside of his influence.

That being said I'm not against Wanda becoming a mutant again so long as it serves for great representation and storytelling for Wanda, and if they are going to commit to another retcon and place Wanda and her family with a foothold in the X-corner I hope they take the opportunity to explore "mutant magic" through her and strike a similar balance to her previous status quo as an Avenger and mutant. Perhaps this is leading to the ideal path for Wanda, allowing her, Pietro, Lorna, Magneto and the kids to explore an interesting family dynamic and situating them with potential stories across the MU (X, Avengers, and Cosmic).

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Well said as always CJ. While some are seeing this as a great moment, I personally can't ignore what Marvel have done to Wanda since Disassembled, while there have been some positives, her ongoing and No Surrender and No Road Home, for the most part it has been bad. The Avengers side which started this mess, followed the word of a hack and then throw her under a bus before putting her on it. The X-Side like to portray her as the Anti-Christ and a weakling, while using her as a scapegoat for their own laziness in not undoing M-Day.