Page 715 of 774 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 11598

Ugh if she can't address Wanda da can she at least address the Minimoffs their mutant status has been a Question for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If the retcon is the only thing people care about her, then they should not really be fans.
    The retcon is pretty major for me, both Wanda and Pietro as mutants and part of the Avengers was very unique.
    Their father was Magneto yet they were part of Marvels main superhero team.
    I hope the retcon goes as I virtually grew up with Wanda and Pietro as mutants.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If the retcon is the only thing people care about her, then they should not really be fans.
    People like what they like, it is what it is. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah Wanda & Pietro's retcon was definitely due to movie rights the Mouse wanted Wanda so he got Wanda, poor Pietro got the **** end of the stick & has been ruined as a character ever since a noble sacrificed that allowed Wanda to become the Marvel It Girl who trends every other day.
    I don't know what to say to that except that the movie rights were 100% totally utterly completely unaffected by Wanda being a mutant in the comics. Feige was very open about this. They both had the rights, and Fox couldn't mention them being Avengers, and the MCU couldn't mention them being mutants. The comics did not change that at all.

You often hear people say they killed MCU Quicksilver because the movie companies made a deal to each take one twin, but there's never been any evidence that was true. Joss Whedon wanted to kill Quicksilver, maybe because he always kills somebody, maybe because he and Feige were interested in the "Wanda has lost everyone she ever loved" storyline that culminates in Vision getting killed.

But the comics didn't affect any of this. The retcon didn't even change the fact that Wanda and Pietro were left out of a lot of merchandise and video games after that, just like the other characters Fox had the rights to use. And if the merger hadn't gone through, Fox would still have the right to create its own Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't know what to say to that except that the movie rights were 100% totally utterly completely unaffected by Wanda being a mutant in the comics. Feige was very open about this. They both had the rights, and Fox couldn't mention them being Avengers, and the MCU couldn't mention them being mutants. The comics did not change that at all.

You often hear people say they killed MCU Quicksilver because the movie companies made a deal to each take one twin, but there's never been any evidence that was true. Joss Whedon wanted to kill Quicksilver, maybe because he always kills somebody, maybe because he and Feige were interested in the "Wanda has lost everyone she ever loved" storyline that culminates in Vision getting killed.

But the comics didn't affect any of this. The retcon didn't even change the fact that Wanda and Pietro were left out of a lot of merchandise and video games after that, just like the other characters Fox had the rights to use. And if the merger hadn't gone through, Fox would still have the right to create its own Scarlet Witch.
    Shiiiittt if it wasn't for movies then I don't understand why majority of the fandom ignores the retcon, most who acknowledge it hate it, & the HOM Dynamic sells like hot cakes, Trial & it's mediocrity are proof of that, Pietro has not recovered since he lost his daddy issues,& Wanda has been in stasis for years in the comics the retcon certainly ain't help that fact.

Shiiiittt if it wasn't for movies then I don't understand why majority of the fandom ignores the retcon, most who acknowledge it hate it, & the HOM Dynamic sells like hot cakes, Trial & it's mediocrity are proof of that, Pietro has not recovered since he lost his daddy issues,& Wanda has been in stasis for years in the comics the retcon certainly ain't help that fact.
    Wanda was in stasis for 10 years before the retcon. So it's not the retcon. They just haven't wanted to use her. If the movie popularity isn't putting a fire under them nothing will. And the reason HoM sold so well is it's an event. They all sell. And it resold because everything with Wanda in it has sold out due to her show. People were buying everything, didn't matter the subject.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

This interview Sounded like Marvel at least have plans for Wanda which might be good with what I heard of it, but however I would take everything with major grains of salt.

She sounds like a sweet person, but I figure she can't be genuine in what the story is going to finalize as and might be pulling a red herring on us, I don't expect any writer to want to give major details away of their story and such lead I have experienced in my life before, so I take all of this with questions more then anything, but still hope for the best.

I rather wait and read what will happen more then anything.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yeah there is that but she's trying not to let people down too. So tempering expectations is best. I know that no one here will be like the MCU fans though. They are a different breed. Hopefully they don't send her anymore death threats. That stuff is just psycho.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah there is that but she's trying not to let people down too. So tempering expectations is best. I know that no one here will be like the MCU fans though. They are a different breed. Hopefully they don't send her anymore death threats. That stuff is just psycho.
    The level of wrong will be brining only pain on those that would stoup to that level.

It is wise to temper expectations at times, but also I never figure to expect all that is said will be revealed or hinted at, Just my life experience too talk, we end up getting lead in the wrong way to lead to surprises later on. The think I hope she is so far right on that Marvel has plans at least for Wanda going forward, what those are we have to wait and see but I don't expect anything major until this story is over and we get closer to the movie dropping trailers and when it come out.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Red face

Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch Halloween
    by CassieArtsALot

https://www.deviantart.com/cassieart...ween-899171747

Again Williams never said Trash of Magneto was about the Axis Retcon, it was about redeeming Wanda in the eyes of mutantkind. However given how bad TOM as been, I don't have any faith of that being done in a satisfactory manner.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Leah talks about Wanda and her mutant heritage starting at 1:01:00

Spoilers and big ones for Trial of Magneto.
    She sounds so awkward talking about this... but yeah, I don't get the feeling she will be undoing the retcon judging by what she said. And she pretty much confirmed that WandaVision played a role in the decision of what to do with Wanda in the comics, which is not a shock to anyone. I'm willing to bet the fact that WandaVision doubled down on Wanda being magic-inclined and not mutant was the final nail on the coffin of mutant Wanda in the comics. People were wrong to assume that Disney buying FOX would magically revert things simply because, at the end of the day, there is still the possibility that Kevin Feige won't change what they did to Wanda in the MCU, so Marvel Comics wouldn't have any reason to undo their retcon if it was done because of the MCU in the first place.

Ugh if she can't address Wanda da can she at least address the Minimoffs their mutant status has been a Question for years now.
    I think what she said also applies to Billy and Tommy, though. They were also on WandaVision, so they are kinda dragged in their synergy plans. Just look how quick they were to make Agatha an antagonist for Billy in the comics; that was definitely inspired by WandaVision. If Leah can't make any status quo changes to Wanda because of synergy, I imagine the same applies to Billy and Tommy. That's the burden of being an MCU star, I guess.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-30-2021 at 03:56 AM.

I never get why people expected them to change wanda mutant status. I'm my opinion that wouldn't have made her more usable in the avengers books (where they don't even care or use her), and there's to many characters in the mutant books for her to take panel time from them, like it was never going to happen.

Marvel Comics just needs to find a place for her in the magic corner of marvel, like Darkhold Alpha and create a new team of magical characters, a midnight suns ongoings etc.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I am sure someone will simply be satisfied by the notion that she is a mutant a gain without her actually being relevant in any book. I am certain there is that crowd who could care less about Wanda's absence post-HoM until that infamous retcon happened amd everyone suddenly claims it's how Marvel ruined her yadiyada.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Again Williams never said Trash of Magneto was about the Axis Retcon, it was about redeeming Wanda in the eyes of mutantkind. However given how bad TOM as been, I don't have any faith of that being done in a satisfactory manner.
    I hope they can move on with wanda once this book is over and use her in the other books now where she's with her friends or about magic as it should be.