Page 47 of 774 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And we all know what they turn to, well, way to reinforce her old impressions.
    That is why it is our job here and other places both on the net and in real life to Reinforce the Good and Positive Old Impressions!

I do that as often as I can with ones I know and meet in real life, works very well, fans want to love Wanda!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

More Good Reviews for WandaVision!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is why it is our job here and other places both on the net and in real life to Reinforce the Good and Positive Old Impressions!

I do that as often as I can with ones I know and meet in real life, works very well, fans want to love Wanda!
    Too true. It's amazing what giving people some knowledge can do

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Too true. It's amazing what giving people some knowledge can do
    Very True and Well Said and here on the Thread we provide such to keep the positive for our Wanda!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5304991

CBR bringing up all the gross stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The art and the poem mean everything to me, but this was not the Wanda that we really came to care for.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    CBR bringing up all the gross stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The art and the poem mean everything to me, but this was not the Wanda that we really came to care for.
    I like early Wanda. At this point, she shows that she has grown more as a person than what we previously saw of her in years prior. Here, we can see she is learning about herself, who she is and what she wants. The art was great as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like early Wanda. At this point, she shows that she has grown more as a person than what we previously saw of her in years prior. Here, we can see she is learning about herself, who she is and what she wants. The art was great as well.
    I'm talking about the gross control of her by Arkon. Not Wanda herself. Or I should say attempt to control her. Poor Wanda needs some defense against this sort of thing.

I'm talking about the gross control of her by Arkon. Not Wanda herself. Or I should say attempt to control her. Poor Wanda needs some defense against this sort of thing.
    Oh.

But from this issue onward, Wanda learns more about herself and her (personal) discoveries continue for a very long time. This personal self-discovery also leads her to wanting to learn more about her powers, wanting more control over them and even turning to Witchcraft under the tutelege of a true Witch, Agatha Harkness. It also provides her with insight, strength and determination when dealing with Mantis (Vision and Swordsman quadrangle), a few years down the road from now.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Roy Thomas never really knew what to do with Wanda (or Wasp) until he got the idea a few months after this to have Wanda and Vision fall in love. Or maybe he brought Wanda back so she and Vision could have a romance, since Wasp was married.

So much of the characters' history, and now a whole series, just based on the fact that Wanda was the only unmarried female Avenger and Roy Thomas wanted Vision to fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh.

But from this issue onward, Wanda learns more about herself and her (personal) discoveries continue for a very long time. This personal self-discovery also leads her to wanting to learn more about her powers, wanting more control over them and even turning to Witchcraft under the tutelege of a true Witch, Agatha Harkness. It also provides her with insight, strength and determination when dealing with Mantis (Vision and Swordsman quadrangle), a few years down the road from now.
    Sure but that could have happened without the creepiness of Arkon. Plus it started off the whole possessing or taking control of Wanda thing that just has become and uncomfortable hallmark.

Avengers 75-76 - Arkon tries to force Wanda to be his Queen

Avengers 181-182 - Django traps the souls of Wanda and Pietro into marionettes in an attempt to reclaim his children. Apparently now suffering from dementia and calling them Ana and Mateo. The names of his real children who died.

Avengers 185-187 - The possession by Chthon. Where Wanda learns of the true source of her powers.

Avengers West Coast 47-49 - Wanda is taken over by "that which endured" later called the symbiote.

Avengers West Coast 53, Avengers 312, Avengers West Coast 54, 55-57 - Wanda falls into a catatonic state at the loss of her sons and Vison, eventually to be kidnapped by Magneto and manipulated to being evil and rejoining the Brotherhood.

Avengers West Coast 60-62 - Still in a sort of catatonic state is now is at Immortus' side where he reveals he's been manipulating her whole life.

Avengers Volume 3, #1 - Wanda is forced by Morgan le Fey and her spell to use the Twilight Sword to create a medieval world.

Avengers Volume 3, 57-60 - Wanda is taken over by the Inbetweener

Avengers Volume 1, #500-503- Avengers: Children's Crusade - Wanda is taken over and fully possessed after tapping into the Life Force to try to get her children back.

Uncanny Avengers #2 - Red Skull takes control of the Scarlet Witch.

AXIS - Wanda and other heroes turned into villains.

Secret Empire #1 - Wanda and other heroes are turned to supporting Hydra.

I think she could use a break from this sort of thing.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-23-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If anything I kinda like Wanda's sentimental and sympathetic nature shown in this story even if I don't care much for "capture romance".
    Arkon on the other hand somewhat feels like a meme character(he is kinda the proto comic-Coan if what I learn about Roy Thomas's Conan comics is true) to me, yeah, like how he is adapted into a movie within MU, and how he later captured Clea as well.(What is his deal with capturing socreresses?)

Extraordinary Member

Sure but that could have happened without the creepiness of Arkon. Plus it started off the whole possessing or taking control of Wanda thing that just has become and uncomfortable hallmark.

Avengers 75-76 - Arkon tries to force Wanda to be his Queen

Avengers 181-182 - Django traps the souls of Wanda and Pietro into marionettes in an attempt to reclaim his children. Apparently now suffering from dementia and calling them Ana and Mateo. The names of his real children who died.

Avengers 185-187 - The possession by Chthon. Where Wanda learns of the true source of her powers.

Avengers West Coast 47-49 - Wanda is taken over by "that which endured" later called the symbiote.

Avengers West Coast 53, Avengers 312, Avengers West Coast 54, 55-57 - Wanda falls into a catatonic state at the loss of her sons and Vison, eventually to be kidnapped by Magneto and manipulated to being evil and rejoining the Brotherhood.

Avengers West Coast 60-62 - Still in a sort of catatonic state is now is at Immortus' side where he reveals he's been manipulating her whole life.

Avengers Volume 3, #1 - Wanda is forced by Morgan le Fey and her spell to use the Twilight Sword to create a medieval world.

Avengers Volume 3, 57-60 - Wanda is taken over by the Inbetweener

Avengers Volume 1, #500-503- Avengers: Children's Crusade - Wanda is taken over and fully possessed after tapping into the Life Force to try to get her children back.

Uncanny Avengers #2 - Red Skull takes control of the Scarlet Witch.

AXIS - Wanda and other heroes turned into villains.

Secret Empire #1 - Wanda and other heroes are turned to supporting Hydra.

I think she could use a break from this sort of thing.
    I can understand this sentiment, though I kinda just consider it some unfortunate backward thinking of a certain time period.(Mainly talking about pre-90s stuff.)
    And I really wish modern comics can somewhat let Wanda get back at her offenders(not those who are not evil in nature of course, they just need to be talked down a bit), but alas, they just continue this trend because she doesn't deserve nuance in some writers' eyes.(I don't really mind Morgan Le Fay since she got back at her like two issues later, I hate the lack of resolve really, to put it more bluntly I expect Wanda to slap right back if someone slaps her, not falling to the ground feeling sorry for herself and all that.)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I can understand this sentiment, though I kinda just consider it some unfortunate backward thinking of a certain time period.(Mainly talking about pre-90s stuff.)
    And I really wish modern comics can somewhat let Wanda get back at her offenders(not those who are not evil in nature of course, they just need to be talked down a bit), but alas, they just continue this trend because she doesn't deserve nuance in some writers' eyes.(I don't really mind Morgan Le Fay since she got back at her like two issues later, I hate the lack of resolve really, to put it more bluntly I expect Wanda to slap right back if someone slaps her, not falling to the ground feeling sorry for herself and all that.)
    But the Point of Pride from Avengers Vol. 1 is that our Wanda slaps back REALLY Hard in such an epic way it as come to define how Awesome she can be!

I Honestly think if we dive into any characters backstory in comics their be many simliar trops like these ore others that get on any fans nerves, so I say with inbetween those moments or within those moments for our Wanda or Any character that goes threw any trope their is Victory and more times of victory then such heartache.

I will know between the more I while I do my ALL Comic Book readings of all the issues Wanda was in and make my own 2 cents on each.