Page 293 of 774 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it was supposed to be Tibet, but supposedly they changed it because of the Chinese government, but idk if that's true
    Yeah, they changed it to Nepal. Which wasn't too bad a decision to me. I don't think Tibet and Nepal are all that different culturally speaking.

Wonder if the MCU is gonna impose "costs" on magic users in their movies and shows. It's an idea that's quite popular in the fantasy genre and I know the comic books have toyed with it for some time. I think if it is executed properly, costs could make for some very interesting stories. I'm not talking about nerfing or de-powering by the way. In fantasy literature during the past twenty years, "harder" magic systems have been growing in popularity, it's possible Marvel Studios and not Marvel Comics has been somewhat influenced by this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wonder if the MCU is gonna impose "costs" on magic users in their movies and shows. It's an idea that's quite popular in the fantasy genre and I know the comic books have toyed with it for some time. I think if it is executed properly, costs could make for some very interesting stories. I'm not talking about nerfing or de-powering by the way. In fantasy literature during the past twenty years, "harder" magic systems have been growing in popularity, it's possible Marvel Studios and not Marvel Comics has been somewhat influenced by this trend.
    Wanda’s Solo and more recently Strange Academy talks already went into “cost” being along the lines of the users lifespan which is tired trope that’s been done to death in my opinion. I say do more attribute oriented magic so users have to be more creative in combat and other situations
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

The WandaVision writer Jac Schaeffer said this last month in an interview for Vanity Fair

Schaeffer does, however, have a pretty clear idea of what it means for Wanda’s powers to be called “chaos magic.” Chaos magic, according to Schaeffer, is creation magic. Wanda creates three whole people—Vision and the twins—without any cost. “In witch culture, there’s some sort of cosmic cost in some way, and there’s no cost for her,” Schaeffer explains. With that measure of power, what kind of devilry might Wanda get up to when we see her next?

here's the whole thing if someone wants it:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-jac-schaeffer

Ultimate Member

Yeah, they changed it to Nepal. Which wasn't too bad a decision to me. I don't think Tibet and Nepal are all that different culturally speaking.
    They are similar. IMO it's just unfortunate Tibet can't be properly portrayed in Hollywood movies

Wanda's costs kind of came before and after her first use of chaos. Losing your whole family is a pretty big one. She also lost her home, and Vision. She is pretty much alone. I'm not sure what more price there is to pay there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    by liridi_art

looks like it took inspiration from this, ''There’s not a lot to talk about with this future story. The Vision is sad over Scarlet Witch, who is hours from death. And, seeing their love, Jocasta switches bodies with Wanda, so that Wanda and Vision can be together forever. The end.'' #whatif
    I have head of that story, I really need to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda's costs kind of came before and after her first use of chaos. Losing your whole family is a pretty big one. She also lost her home, and Vision. She is pretty much alone. I'm not sure what more price there is to pay there.
    Yeah, those are some big prices to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They are similar. IMO it's just unfortunate Tibet can't be properly portrayed in Hollywood movies
    I see it as a plus for Nepal. Most people just want to climb a mountain when they visit that country. Strange's film showed folks there's a lot more to it than that. Besides, why would Disney want to have CCP minders on their asses when they're doing filming?

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda’s Solo and more recently Strange Academy talks already went into “cost” being along the lines of the users lifespan which is tired trope that’s been done to death in my opinion. I say do more attribute oriented magic so users have to be more creative in combat and other situations
    I don't see that as particularly being effective because comic book characters age SO slowly.

Ultimate Member

I see it as a plus for Nepal. Most people just want to climb a mountain when they visit that country. Strange's film showed folks there's a lot more to it than that. Besides, why would Disney want to have CCP minders on their asses when they're doing filming?
    I guess so.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    More loss could have been touched on more. The Lagos incident pretty much led to the Sokovia Accords which led to the "divorce" of her new family, the Avengers. She did get to reunite with Vizh for 2 years, but lost 2 mentors/pseudo big sister/ uncle or father figures in Nat and Cap. Hawkeye had his family to concentrate on. Ironically, the one teammate who has experience in grief counseling is Sam Wilson/Falcon. Whether or not she reached out to him or vice versa may or may not be addressed down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    More loss could have been touched on more. The Lagos incident pretty much led to the Sokovia Accords which led to the "divorce" of her new family, the Avengers. She did get to reunite with Vizh for 2 years, but lost 2 mentors/pseudo big sister/ uncle or father figures in Nat and Cap. Hawkeye had his family to concentrate on. Ironically, the one teammate who has experience in grief counseling is Sam Wilson/Falcon. Whether or not she reached out to him or vice versa may or may not be addressed down the road.
    She doesn't need more loss.

She's not exactly close to Sam...
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

MTV Movie Awards Nominations — Best Performance in a Show

Anya Taylor-Joy – The Queen's Gambit
    Elizabeth Olsen – WandaVision
    Elliot Page – The Umbrella Academy
    Emma Corrin – The Crown
    Michaela Coel – I May Destroy You

WandaVision MTV Awards nominations:

wandavision — best show
    elizabeth olsen — best performance
    teyonah parris — best hero
    kathryn hahn — best villain
    wanda vs. agatha — best fight

You can vote here:

https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/vote/best-movie
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 04-19-2021 at 05:22 PM.