Page 150 of 774 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 11598

Wanda should get a cape amulet like Strange has but with a hexagram instead of an eye. Like this

Or as a part of her headress:

Extraordinary Member

I like it when people bring inspirations from other franchise they love.

I'm blown away with what they've done with the show, I was so aprehensive when news would come up earlier on because it sounded like between the sitcom setting, the side characters and the Doctor Strange connection that it would be more about setting up Phase 4 than actually putting Wanda in the spotlight but I was so wrong. I was already into the MCU but Wanda was what got me properly hooked, ever since the casting was officially announced I would keep up with any news about AoU. Although I have loved Wanda's appearances so far I was a bit let down with the lukewarm reception to AoU and how she was essentially just a side character within the sphere of Captain America as I was expecting her to become a major Avenger after AoU. It was also a bit disheartening to see how most people didn't seem to be as invested on her as I barely saw any mentions of her on reddit threads and what not, and some people only seemed to decide to aknowledge her when it was to insult Carol. But overall I think out of the New Avengers she was the one that got the most screen time & quality character arcs, even if still pretty small compared to the OG Avengers.

At first I wasn't trhilled about her relationship with Vision, I was worried she was gonna be dragged down by it but it had a beautiful payoff in IW and now with WandaVision. I have not read a lot of comics with Wanda despite my interest in her character but I knew that she had a moment with Vision where they tried to lead a normal married life, it was pretty high on my list of possible plots for her, but I figured it was so far away from the MCU there was no way they were actually going to do it, but they did! After so many years of Wanda being a side character it has been amazing to see her not only be a lead but to be the lead in such a breath of fresh air for the franchise. I still can't believe they actually added Chaos Magic to the mix, I stand corrected since I had a brief discussion here that making her being a witch all along (heh :P) felt too unlike the MCU but I am so glad they went for it. And finally she has a nice hero costume! I liked the jacket+dress and the final outfit from AoU but I hate her "provisional" costume from CW onwards so it is satisfying to see her in a decent costume and with a headdress and wavy/curly hair no less!

My only real complains are the fact she didn't went back to her dark brown hair for the show, or at least in the final costume "transformation", and that they made her birth year to be 1989 since she was heavily coded as someone in her late teens-early 20s and the original actress they wanted was born in 1994 so I always figured her to have been born around 1993-1995. I do think it is so she has a bigger age gap with the upcoming Young Avengers. I know everyone is excited for that but I do hope we see more of Wanda as a major figure in the Avengers before that.
    ~Magic happens
    but only if you are open to the possibility
    that what makes the earth go round
    is the same exact thing that makes us believe in each other~

Ultimate Member

I didn't even realize she and Vision were in a relationship in CW, and although the acting was good in IW, I didn't like how it all happened off screen. But this show had a good relationship between the two and it was very convincing. I do think the age difference between the actors is a bit much

I didn't mind her being born in 1989 because I feel 1994 would be too young for the role of a mother. Nowadays people don't have kids too quickly.

I want to see more of her but I'll have to wait until MoM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda should get a cape amulet like Strange has but with a hexagram instead of an eye. Like this

Or as a part of her headress:

man those dark magicians are visual servers

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    While it's not how Chthon is actually written in comics, I always imagine him having a calm to the point of cold voice, and calling Wanda "sweet child of Wundagore".
    And his cultists will refer him as "Our dread father" or something like that.(Yes, I am ripping off Sithis, it just sounds cool in my head).
    Bunch of alternative titles really help bring that "ancient" and mystical feelings to it.
    when it comes to scary nothing equal Sithis so I really like the Chthon parallelism although I don't expect the elder god of chaos and madness to be as moderate in his demeanor as the incarnation of the void
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    when it comes to scary nothing equal Sithis so I really like the Chthon parallelism although I don't expect the elder god of chaos and madness to be as moderate in his demeanor as the incarnation of the void
    Yeah, I am just ripping off the title here. Chthon's sphere is darkness, night, chaos, fire etc. I think a calm demeanor fit some part of that while contradict others.
    I just picture Chthon(and Oshtur) as the quiet siblings for some reason.(While Gaea and Set are the affectionate and hateful ones.)

Yeah, I am just ripping off the title here. Chthon's sphere is darkness, night, chaos, fire etc. I think a calm demeanor fit some part of that while contradict others.
    I just picture Chthon(and Oshtur) as the quiet siblings for some reason.(While Gaea and Set are the affectionate and hateful ones.)
    hahah Imagine how he lost his cool when this happened:

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

hahah Imagine how he lost his cool when this happened:

Surprised Set didn't kidnap Thor or Herc as well just so he can piss all three of his remaining siblings at once. (Storm count toward Oshtur).

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Surprised Set didn't kidnap Thor or Herc as well just so he can piss all three of his remaining siblings at once. (Storm count toward Oshtur).
    I can't help but be impressed by Wanda physique compared to the other brides

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I love the X-Men, but I think they're popularity in the 90's due to the cartoon made Marvel treat them and the Avengers differently. Like they didn't want to sully the X-Men with Avengers so they kept them very separate. Being closed off from the rest of Marvel, because let's be honest, a lot of X-Men fans don't like and aren't interested in the Avengers at all and the X-Office knows that, made their stories self contained and at times repetitive.

The Avengers had more versatility because they're where everything that isn't X-Men and Spider-Man goes. The Fantastic Four shares a bit more with them though.

It's a shame that a lot of X-fans are very anti-Avengers, but I think that's the X-Office's doing since they wanted the X-Men to fight their own battles without the Avengers' help making them believe that the Avengers didn't condone the treatment mutants received.
    The Cartoon was big but X-Men was making huge waves in the comic world first and coming off the highest selling comic of all time......im an X-fan first and im not anti avengers but when I read xmen that's is what I want to read about not the avengers its not personal.

I can't help but be impressed by Wanda physique compared to the other brides
    I do not know what you mean. What do you mean? All of the women are in shape.

Is it weight? Off the cuff, Storm 5'10" 127 pounds, Jen 6'7" 650 pounds, Wanda 5'7" 132 pounds, Jean 5'6" 110 pounds and Sue 5'6" 120 pounds.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    The Cartoon was big but X-Men was making huge waves in the comic world first and coming off the highest selling comic of all time......im an X-fan first and im not anti avengers but when I read xmen that's is what I want to read about not the avengers its not personal.
    Comics were important, but I guarantee that the toys, cartoon, merchandise, etc. also fed into the comics and solidified their brand to children, who are today's millennials, the most populated generation after boomers. If it weren't for the push of the cartoon and toys, they would've never made the movies.

I think the MCU proves that mass media moves mountains when it comes to franchises. The Avengers are today's 90's X-Men.

Anyway, the good thing about Marvel is that they have different franchises for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not know what you mean. What do you mean? All of the women are in shape.

Is it weight? Off the cuff, Storm 5'10" 127 pounds, Jen 6'7" 650 pounds, Wanda 5'7" 132 pounds, Jean 5'6" 110 pounds and Sue 5'6" 120 pounds.
    Sorry I should have been more specific, keep in mind I’m just looking at the picture (those measure mean little to me ‘cause I go metric) ..... I did not expect for Wanda to be that tall and muscular/buff compared to the other ladies