Page 198 of 774 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 11598
    Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by companion View Post
    Found this Podcast episode talking about Wanda and Vision in the comics in relation to the show. They talk about Busiek's run, House of M, and Tom King's Vision series.
    It's pretty clear they're VERY big Wanda fans! And a fun listen

https://soundcloud.com/thesuperheropodcast
    (Look for the Comics Corner episode "Wandavision")
    Thanks for sharing! I'm learning some things.

Such as Scarlet Witch is a favorite of Kurt Busiek and George Perez.

At 12:10 or so the podcasters ref what I believe is this page, posted earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

It's amazing that if Bendis had bothered to do any research and even just read this one panel Disassembled and therefore HOm would never have happened
    ~continues listen~

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I am not sure if I have seen that one before:

This sold out before I could get one! It's pretty adorable. I did get the Marvel Select figure and the Funko Pop with the Darkhold. And the Ulta Beauty bag. Stuff is going fast because people are buying things up and selling them for twice or three times the price on ebay. I hope they get stuck with the stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    With WandaVision, the MCU Has Already Been Kinder to Scarlet Witch Than Decades of Comics
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...BingNewsSearch
    This isn't a fair assessment really. Comics have it's flaws, but things didn't get bad for Wanda for about 40 years into her history as a character. Every article seems to only focus on AD/HoM as Wanda's history and I hope they know she was a character long before that. Now AD/HoM deserve the roast for sure. They were terrible stories. But decades of comics is an over exaggeration, since it's been 16 years since Disassembled started. For sure you could throw Darker than Scarlet into the mix, but that status didn't last. Because fortunately (unlike AD/HoM) they worked to repair that mess for Wanda at least. And she did not continue with that status. It also did not pull her out of comics for years.

What this boils down to is I wish people knew and understood that Wanda existed for a long time before AD/HoM and had some great moments and was a mainstay Avenger.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I like Wanda is fundamentally a "mere mortal".
    Just a human capable of love and grief, and also wielding great power.
    And of course I like that mortal VS god dynamic she had with Chthon.(Most magic users kinda had that dynamic, but I find Wanda's most engaging since Chthon is a cruel and fascinating deity that has a lot of potential for stories, they just need to stop fucking making him possess Wanda everytime and let her directly face him for once.)
    That would be the ending to a Wanda story I would love to write

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What this boils down to is I wish people knew and understood that Wanda existed for a long time before AD/HoM and had some great moments and was a mainstay Avenger.
    I can see how that would be frustrating.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm learning some things.

Such as Scarlet Witch is a favorite of Kurt Busiek and George Perez.

At 12:10 or so the podcasters ref what I believe is this page, posted earlier in the thread:

~continues listen~
    If you are looking for More about Major Moments from the Run to get a Better Defining of how GREAT Wanda Was during that Avengers Run and how Scarlet Witch was a favorite of Kurt Busiek and George Perez, Just Look at the Next Issue from that Legendary Panel and Get to Know Busiek and Perez Scarlet Witch to Know better Darth WandaVision My Friend! =)

Avengers Vol. 3, Issue #3!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

If you look at "JLA/Avengers," Wanda has way more panel time than you would expect from a character who, at that time, was pretty obscure to most people who didn't read a lot of Avengers comics. She gets more to do in that story than Wonder Woman, even though Pérez did so much work with Wonder Woman. Wanda even gets to have the last word of any of the heroes!

Also a nice thing about that story is that it gave Wanda and Vision a moment to talk about their lost children and acknowledge that they were each other's true love. They didn't really get that moment in the original run, because it ended just after Wanda broke up with Wonder Man and admitted she was still in love with Vision. So in a way this is the "finale" for Wanda and Vision just as JLA/Avengers was the "finale" for the classic Avengers.

But still... it's 2004 and the biggest comic crossover event ever devotes an entire page to Wanda and Vision while all the actually famous heroes stand around and do nothing. I wonder what new readers made of it. Today they'd be fine with it, of course, but alas, DC and Marvel have made no move to get the book back into print.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If you look at "JLA/Avengers," Wanda has way more panel time than you would expect from a character who, at that time, was pretty obscure to most people who didn't read a lot of Avengers comics. She gets more to do in that story than Wonder Woman, even though Pérez did so much work with Wonder Woman. Wanda even gets to have the last word of any of the heroes!

Also a nice thing about that story is that it gave Wanda and Vision a moment to talk about their lost children and acknowledge that they were each other's true love. They didn't really get that moment in the original run, because it ended just after Wanda broke up with Wonder Man and admitted she was still in love with Vision. So in a way this is the "finale" for Wanda and Vision just as JLA/Avengers was the "finale" for the classic Avengers.

But still... it's 2004 and the biggest comic crossover event ever devotes an entire page to Wanda and Vision while all the actually famous heroes stand around and do nothing. I wonder what new readers made of it. Today they'd be fine with it, of course, but alas, DC and Marvel have made no move to get the book back into print.

GOD I Love This Woman, Wanda Maximoff!

You said the So Very Well Gurkle, Like you Always Do! This is why you are one of the Best at being a Fan of, Supporting and Loving Wanda’s character that I know!

Very Nicely Done breaking Down Why Wanda was So Good in JLA/Avengers!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I've recently read those 2000s Avengers and Wanda was great in them she felt like the Avenger's heart and soul. It's sad to think about the major character assasination she got a year after that

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I've recently read those 2000s Avengers and Wanda was great in them she felt like the Avenger's heart and soul. It's sad to think about the major character assasination she got a year after that
    It shows the difference between someone that GETS her character and knows how to develop Wanda(Busiek/Perez) and one that found her as a obstacle to “Their” idea of what they wanted out of the Avengers to be(Bendis).

The good thing is now a days since WandaVision the loving part is Winning the Day more and more and even the negatives stories don’t seem to hold her back either, Wanda just keeps RISING!

Extraordinary Member

I hope one day games, animation, etc will just use Wanda as an Avengers member like it's the natural thing to do, instead of an afterthought.
    Those things really reflect how people see this character.

i wish Al Ewing or Jim Zub could give us more of this, Wanda was the MvP in this story

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It shows the difference between someone that GETS her character and knows how to develop Wanda(Busiek/Perez) and one that found her as a obstacle to “Their” idea of what they wanted out of the Avengers to be(Bendis).

The good thing is now a days since WandaVision the loving part is Winning the Day more and more and even the negatives stories don’t seem to hold her back either, Wanda just keeps RISING!
    Yeah! She's a super A-lister now. I bet she'll start to be used in comics, animations and videogames as a main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i wish Al Ewing or Jim Zub could give us more of this, Wanda was the MvP in this story

[IMG]https://static0.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Avenger
    I love Larraz art. I like seeing Wanda chant her hexes/spells from time to time, it's pretty cool to think she learned multiple magic principles to tame her chaos magic.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

GOOD GOD I can't Tell you how much I LOVE these Moments and This Artwork, These Where Truly Shining Moments for your Wanda in Recently Years and that Avengers Spell Speech She Gave Should be Quoted Always by All Wanda Fans! =D

I 125% Agree, Al Ewing or Jim Zub SHOULD Be Put on Any Book with Wanda either a Solo or Team/Avengers Book, They are the what Kurt Busiek did for her back in the day, the are Amazing Writers the GET OUR SCARLET WITCH!!! ^_^

Hopefully with the Hype now Around our Wanda after WandaVision, Marvel will get going on More Wanda Comics and either Al Ewing or Jim Zub or Even Both on their own comics at the sametime to Write Her! ;-)