Page 286 of 774 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

The head writer of WandaVision described Strange's magic as "more of a masculine magic not at all aligned with Salem and our sort of Americanized version and feminized version of witches and magic.”

Of course Wanda isn't American (though she's played by an American) and Strange is (though he's not payed by an American), but all the other witches we saw in the show were from Salem, Mass., so I get where she's coming from.

didn't the 2016 Scarlet Witch solo also talked about how the Witches magic it's different from others and that takes power from other sources or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The head writer of WandaVision described Strange's magic as "more of a masculine magic not at all aligned with Salem and our sort of Americanized version and feminized version of witches and magic.”

Of course Wanda isn't American (though she's played by an American) and Strange is (though he's not payed by an American), but all the other witches we saw in the show were from Salem, Mass., so I get where she's coming from.
    people from salem were from europe as well
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    didn't the 2016 Scarlet Witch solo also talked about how the Witches magic it's different from others and that takes power from other sources or something like that
    Indeed it did in the 1st issue!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

So many writers didn't want "chaos magic" to be a thing, but it persevered.

Ultimate Member

I'm still not sure what masculine and feminine even mean here.

So many writers didn't want "chaos magic" to be a thing, but it persevered.
    Isn't chaos responsible for the probability hexes? Or is that separate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't chaos responsible for the probability hexes? Or is that separate
    A bit of both. For most of her comics existence, Wanda's "hex power" was defined as the mutant ability to alter probability, but she also learned real magic and sometimes used that.

In 1998, to simplify Wanda's power set, an Avengers issue had Agatha Harkness reveal to Wanda that her hexes had been powered by "chaos magic" all along, so everything she ever did with her powers -- including probability alteration -- was just a manifestation of chaos magic. A probability hex is just the simplest expression of what chaos magic can do.

The comics need to define “chaos magic”. How is it different from other forms of magic? Besides it being made by Chthon, why is it so dangerous to wield, and make it establish that Wanda is the only one in the Universe who was the power to control it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

by nicoarangoo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The comics need to define “chaos magic”. How is it different from other forms of magic? Besides it being made by Chthon, why is it so dangerous to wield, and make it establish that Wanda is the only one in the Universe who was the power to control it.
    I assume it's a type of magic which creates instability. I think it's defined by its effects, making it different than, for instance, astral projection or the Images of Ikonn

I assume it's a type of magic which creates instability. I think it's defined by its effects, making it different than, for instance, astral projection or the Images of Ikonn
    If it’s meant to create instability, could the assumption be made that it causes the disruption of the flow of all types of energy including concepts of time and space in an area causing a breakdown in reality, with the potential that anytime Wanda casts a hex she could tear a whole in reality if she loses control of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    If it’s meant to create instability, could the assumption be made that it causes the disruption of the flow of all types of energy including concepts of time and space in an area causing a breakdown in reality, with the potential that anytime Wanda casts a hex she could tear a whole in reality if she loses control of it.
    Makes sense. Probability and time are related, I think. There's probably not an in-depth explanation of it, but more of a consistent usage

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Wanda holds her own well in the Boys Major clubs and it thing with it gains her voice to stand-up for herself and not to be pushed around by the other guys in the group, espically in a group like the brotherhood who outside of her caring brother Pietro is full of dangerous scummy people like Magneto worshiping Toad, Angry Magento and Creepy Mastermind.
    Nice nicknames. hah

True, hanging around boys for too long can make a girl dangerous.

TY for the WB, CJ.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Maybe I'm reading too much into her comments, but I really don't like the concept of gendering magic. I didn't like it when Robinson did it in the Scarlet Witch solo either. I think magic is transcendental, and tying it to a such a binary human concept like gender cheapens it. And like, it doesn't even make that much sense within the Marvel Universe itself either. Who got to decide that Strange's magic in the MCU is masculine? He was taught everything that he knows by a woman (Ancient One). So her magic is strictly masculine just because his is? And what does that mean for Billy's magic when he inherited powers from Wanda, but he's not female? Where does his magic fall on the spectrum? And what about a character like Loki, who's something in-between male and female... where would that magic fall on the spectrum of masculinity/femininity? If the answer is ''the writers didn't think about that'', then maybe they shouldn't be assigning arbitrary labels to something so complex like magic to begin with.

Makes sense. Probability and time are related, I think. There's probably not an in-depth explanation of it, but more of a consistent usage
    With a power titled chaos magic they should explain that causes instability that anytime it’s used it has the potential to form cracks in reality if the spell backfires cause the disruption of energy wasn’t reassembled properly