Page 280 of 774 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Is it just me, but don't y'all think it's funny that as much as Feige and his colleagues have been "afraid" of magic in the MCU, that they're probably even MORE scared of crime-fighting street level characters than the magical ones? I can't think of ONE character that Disney has used in that part of the Marvel Universe in its movies and shows. Are they afraid of the violence or the grim subject matter? And no, I don't consider MCU Spider-Man to be a crime fighter dealing with local threats. The MCU has basically been scientific/cosmic thus far (which is really weird because to me the Silver Surfer is Marvel's greatest cosmic character ever and we haven't heard a peep from him yet)!
    The first Avengers team was very street level, except Thor. They mostly used their brains to defeat the Chitauri and Hulk used his braun to take care of Loki. NY is just prime for not just local threats. They get attacked by other worldly things in the MU and MCU a lot. Spider-man dealt with Vulture who was just a construction contractor before he became a villain. That was pretty local.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

I think the way to restrain magic is to define exactly what powers they have. For instance, a magical hero could have psychic powers or time powers, but can't necessarily control the weather or heal someone. Treat them like the other superpowers in that way.

I agree Scarlet Witch shouldn't be doing too much damage anymore. With Strange as the focus, I doubt she will

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think the way to restrain magic is to define exactly what powers they have. For instance, a magical hero could have psychic powers or time powers, but can't necessarily control the weather or heal someone. Treat them like the other superpowers in that way.

I agree Scarlet Witch shouldn't be doing too much damage anymore. With Strange as the focus, I doubt she will
    I think they can do multiple things, just limit it like they have before. Through line of sight or only using certain artifacts. Psychic wards to prevent manipulation and/or possession. But the problem isn't the lack of limits. Those are there. They are. It's that it's only there when it's convenient.

And there will always be an event, a story, a run where a writer undoes this so that character can do something drastic. It's really impossible with how comics are to have it be consistent. It'd have to be handled by only one group of writers and one group of editors dedicated to preserving the status quo. And that's not gonna happen. People get old or move on to other companies or other work. New people come in. Or writers and editors don't like to stick to one thing because it limits creativity or makes things boring.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they can do multiple things, just limit it like they have before. Through line of sight or only using certain artifacts. Psychic wards to prevent manipulation and/or possession. But the problem isn't the lack of limits. Those are there. They are. It's that it's only there when it's convenient.

And there will always be an event, a story, a run where a writer undoes this so that character can do something drastic. It's really impossible with how comics are to have it be consistent. It'd have to be handled by only one group of writers and one group of editors dedicated to preserving the status quo. And that's not gonna happen. People get old or move on to other companies or other work. New people come in. Or writers and editors don't like to stick to one thing because it limits creativity or makes things boring.
    Maybe there needs to be more enforced guidelines. I mean, the company does all sorts of stupid mandates, why can't they do smart ones?

Maybe there needs to be more enforced guidelines. I mean, the company does all sorts of stupid mandates, why can't they do smart ones?
    Because someone else comes in and changes up things. It just is something to not expect to exist in the platform comics exist in. Because it is ever changing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Because someone else comes in and changes up things. It just is something to not expect to exist in the platform comics exist in. Because it is ever changing.
    That's true. Maybe this can't be fixed

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Since we are talking about MCU Power Levels!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    How come Magneto didn’t her what Wanda says about him? He is standing right there and the canopy isn’t even closed yet!

Maybe he can’t read her speech-bubble because it’s pink
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It was if all of the men were talking over Wanda. They gave the pink bubble to the lone woman. Magneto was like, just get out of here, lol.
    Ohhh This is Fun, I am Glad you Enjoyed that Panel and that Scene, Means allot be talking about such moments in Wanda's History that are rarely talked about or even known, it is So Cool!

AS for that moment, My Guess as to Why Magneto did not hear it is that as I heard long ago, Maybe it was Linkara or someone like him said this, but Comic Book Panels are just moments in time captured for the reader, so by that talk they are still in motion, we just got to use our Imaginations, fill in the blank space to what the followthrew actions are likely.

So You can see Pietro lowering the Top of the Plane like vechile down and it is likely Wanda said what she said while that was happening and Magneto just did not hear it all cause of that top closing over them, that is my theory.

But I also like to have fun with an obscure moment like this and think Magneto fully heard Our Wanda and did not say anything to Avoid any more conflict with her and her brother cause he already knows they don't like him, so arguing with ever word with Wanda at times is just futal in the Longrun, Wanda is a Very Open and Opiniated Lady and when she sticks to a view of talk she is not easy to backdown when she is really into it, Love Wanda for that! ;-)
    That’s actually a good theory. These panels are just snapshots of the moments. So maybe the chain of events was: Pietro grabs the canopy to close it – it is closed, Magneto can’t hear them anymore – Wanda speaks – Toad speaks – Mastermind speaks – Pietro speaks. Of course this is totally nitpicking and over-analyzing, but yes, it is fun. Especially in an issue where not much is happening with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

Good to see you Back on the Thread Albert1981, Missed You!

I honestly feel the MCU has so far done a good job slowing incresing the power levels with each movie and each new project over the years, making bigger and bigger levels of powers seem Mind-Blowing, but not just get out of Jail Free Cards that can do anything just for the plot levels yet. Even with the Infintity Stones, one of the most broken Powers in all Media, they seem to have their limits to a degree as well at times in the MCU and only went as far as to WOW the Imaginations of Viewers and Veteran Fans alike, but did not seem like their powers where all over the place. Their seems to be unspoken and unworded laws given to how power levels of powers seem to work, increasing but not broken yet and that is a delicate line to walk.

So Far I am not too afraid of the MCU Breaking it with Magic Yet, their seems to be written Laws to how far powers can go and while Wanda is at a point of Major Levels of power, it is limited still by her will, imagination, training and values in how to use them. So Great Powers will seem to come when they are needed I feel but like comics have a way to balance the Universe so that even Street Level Heroes have an important place in the plot and skills the bigger guns don't, the MCU and Comics in general seem to do that well.
    Nah, I don't believe you. I'm that dickhead that this thread can't stand having around. If Ravin' Ray could post what he really thought of me, he'd have to ban HIMSELF.

But thanks for the warm welcome. I totally agree with your assessment on the MCU's use of magic thus far. It's been pretty tempered and restrained. And I like that a LOT. People complain about nerfing, and I get that complaint, but I think it's a necessary evil. I can live with it. I have greater problems when characters all of a sudden become DUMBER for no reason, but deus ex machinas can just kill the suspense and tension in stories. And the inconsistent use of magic especially through the extensive application of retcons just destroys the "magic" of the movies and shows I watch (at least it does that for me). As I've stated MANY times on the Doctor Strange thread, I'm curious just how MUCH magic will be in the Multiverse of Madness. I want it to look cool, but I think it can be used sparingly to create even greater drama.
    Oh, would you please stop claiming that people here don’t want you here! Just look at all replies you get! The people here are well-trained to ignore the ones they totally don’t want to talk with.

That's true. Maybe this can't be fixed
    The closest Marvel had was Jim Shooter, but he was also a control freak and many people have had a hard time working under him. There can be a downside to it.

Good to see you Back on the Thread Albert1981, Missed You!

I honestly feel the MCU has so far done a good job slowing incresing the power levels with each movie and each new project over the years, making bigger and bigger levels of powers seem Mind-Blowing, but not just get out of Jail Free Cards that can do anything just for the plot levels yet. Even with the Infintity Stones, one of the most broken Powers in all Media, they seem to have their limits to a degree as well at times in the MCU and only went as far as to WOW the Imaginations of Viewers and Veteran Fans alike, but did not seem like their powers where all over the place. Their seems to be unspoken and unworded laws given to how power levels of powers seem to work, increasing but not broken yet and that is a delicate line to walk.

So Far I am not too afraid of the MCU Breaking it with Magic Yet, their seems to be written Laws to how far powers can go and while Wanda is at a point of Major Levels of power, it is limited still by her will, imagination, training and values in how to use them. So Great Powers will seem to come when they are needed I feel but like comics have a way to balance the Universe so that even Street Level Heroes have an important place in the plot and skills the bigger guns don't, the MCU and Comics in general seem to do that well.
    Yes, for the Infinity Stones they put up some limits. I think it was once mentioned that the Reality Stone only acts temporarily. I guess that’s why Thanos could only bring his civilization back briefly, to show Doctor Strange how it was, not save it that way. And even the Infinity Gauntlet could not bring Natasha back, because to be able to do everything it needs all stones, and the Soul Stone was only there due to Natasha’s sacrifice. Also the MCU added the condition that the Infinity Gauntlet could only be used by clenching the fist.

Ultimate Member

I don't think there is a "most powerful Avenger" per se

Strange Academy #10 variant for Unknown Comics by Miguel Mercado

That's true. But I'd like to see the heroes' motivation be to question the use of power.
    They sort of tease that in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but they're not following through. Sometimes I wonder if the Flag Smashers are a more violent version of Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    An awesome redesign/new costume my brother did of Wanda.

40th Redesigns - Scarlet Witch by JohnnyFive81
    https://www.deviantart.com/johnnyfiv...itch-876368701
    Very cute! Thanks for sharing.