Page 336 of 774 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't know how real-world issues really play into Wanda being a Pretender, but from the Comics side of things---which this is----to me at least, it makes no sense.

I do not think everyone feels this way, and that is their right. But then others get mad and defend Wanda. It is up-and-down it seems, whenever someone feels that it is okay for them to either say something against Wanda or to defend her. On this thread at least, I thought we were giving our opinions as a safe spot in which to do so and also that us Wanda lovers would feel the same way. Maybe I am wrong??

I just feel that if the history of the character was taken into account, this accusation, would never have been made. Just MOHO.
    Oh this is a safe spot to feel welcomed and to share your views on what you feel about with Wanda in a respect ping thread, I am so sorry if my post was up in any way felt like the opposite.

I was just trying to get at about what writers are by writing what they might be doing and why they don’t follow canon yet to tell the lesson of the story. But fans are right to respect canon and others should respect the canon even though the stories point is not fully understanding yet.

I hope that made more sense, feel free to feel welcome and safe anytime here for all loving fans.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Oh well the X-men books started calling her the pretender so they have to fix it now. They should had left it alone
    Lol, I don't think that's a good basis for fixing her though. I think they are doing that to fix how mutants handle dealing with the fallout from Decimation. I don't think writers are doing it to slight the character. I think some fans are using it that way though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i'm not ok with how the x-men writers been depicting Wanda and all this pretender stuff but if we have to blame someone it's the Avengers office... They tried in Children's Crusade but failed horrifly, it just wasn't enough and i don't think anyone cares about that story anyways since Doom will be attending the gala and he was involved in the decimation in sorf way even if they pretend it doesn't exists, that still cannon...

The x-side will keep demonizing till someone in the Avengers office puts a stop of it and since she's not a character of the X franchise they don't have the obligation to "fix" her... The sad truth
    Avengers office definitely had way more chances to fix all of it. And their editors signed off on all of it.

I don't think the pretender stuff is meant to stick around. Judging by the interview with Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Wanda helped Hope make new mutants being born and wished Phoenix away before she lose control. For me it was a good moment of redemption

Avengers office can do something to help Wanda, but i gonna bet X-office gonna ignore it
    they demonize ecause for now they can get away with it, if people come together to denounce the sexism on it, they gonna stop doing it
    Yes, Wanda helped the Mutant Messiah, create new mutants, but she didn't undo M-Day, which is the main reason the X-men hate her. Of course, M-Day will never be undone because Marvel want the X-men to be a prosecuted minority forever.

I have believed for years that editorial wanted to cull some mutants; maybe they really felt there were too many for them to be credible as this minority. That is essentially what I came to believe.

So they used Wanda to do that. Pure and simple. She bears the brunt of an editorial decision. for how many years?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I have believed for years that editorial wanted to cull some mutants; maybe they really felt there were too many for them to be credible as this minority. That is essentially what I came to believe.

So they used Wanda to do that. Pure and simple. She bears the brunt of an editorial decision. for how many years?
    That's exactly it. The likes of Quesada wanted to keep the numbers down so they tried everything to wipe out as much mutants as possible. Sadly Wanda was just one tool in the toolbox and has suffered for the last 15 years because of it

Ultimate Member

Maybe they could've not been a minority, and move past the whole "mutant race metaphor" thing

And it's dumb because even when they were millions, there are billions of people. There are millions of lots of minority groups.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Avengers office definitely had way more chances to fix all of it. And their editors signed off on all of it.

I don't think the pretender stuff is meant to stick around. Judging by the interview with Spurrier.
    Brevoort had every chance to fix the mess and shut it once and for all but he choose to go for more controversy over and over again
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Brevoort had every chance to fix the mess and shut it once and for all but he choose to go for more controversy over and over again
    Yep, because to him, angering people sells.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yep, because to him, angering people sells.
    Well they do say Controversy sells and any publicity is good publicity

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well they do say Controversy sells and any publicity is good publicity
    That is true in a lot of cases, but it rarely makes good fictional stories. Because it brings about such ridiculousness for shock value. I don't think it was good publicity for Wanda. I don't even think it was for Marvel. Because while events sell, comics still struggle to stay relevant.

Wanda's niece Luna in in the current issue of Fantastic Four, her son Billy is in Guardians, and Doctor Doom appears in both. Do you think Doom's appearances in these stories will have an impact on the Darkhold mini?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda's niece Luna in in the current issue of Fantastic Four, her son Billy is in Guardians, and Doctor Doom appears in both. Do you think Doom's appearances in these stories will have an impact on the Darkhold mini?
    I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Characters appearances in one book have no bearing on them in another. Has been that way since Shooter left.