Page 718 of 774 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 11598
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    How is the only thing that it been giving Wanda as a character more popularity,merch and fans etc responsable for the mess they made in the books, they just tried to copy some things from the show in a cheap and bad way.

The MCU is the only thing carrying the character.

Wanda's character been rotten since Disassembled/HoM and it still haunts her till this day in the books, the persons responsible for the comics just don't care about her.
    The show is the same story the MCU had already done with Wanda twice before.

Wanda does something selfish due to emotional pain. Wanda is eventually forced to look at the harm her selfishness caused. Wanda tries to fix her mistake but the damage is already done. It's her plot in Age of Ultron. It's her plot in Infinity War. It's her plot in Wandavision. If the alleged leaks are truespoilers:
    then it's also her plot in MoM.
    end of spoilers

The MCU never did the work to establish Wanda/Vision as a ship. It went from in Civil War where he violates her boundaries, tries to lock her up, and hands her to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar to suddenly "true love". Adding a single scene of watching tv once doesn't counteract that they didn't respect Wanda enough to put in the work.

It's also of course another take of mental illness making someone dangerous.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with some of what you say, but I don't agree that that's her plot in Infinity War. Wanda isn't the one who gets Wakanda slaughtered to protect Vision, that's Steve's idea and the failure of his "we don't trade lives" mantra. Absolutely no one except Vision wants Wanda to kill Vision, and when there's no other choice, she does it. So while her part in the movie could have been bigger and better it's not about her being selfish.

Hopefully the MoM leaks turn out to be wrong or negated by reshoots or both.

But yeah, they never managed to show Wanda and Vision falling in love in the movies because they just refused to give them enough screen time. I think the show did a better job of showing why they love each other, not so much in the flashback scene but in some of the earlier scenes. The argument scene where they yell at each other oddly enough made them a more believable romantic couple.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post

Wanda does something selfish due to emotional pain. Wanda is eventually forced to look at the harm her selfishness caused. Wanda tries to fix her mistake but the damage is already done. It's her plot in Age of Ultron. It's her plot in Infinity War. It's her plot in Wandavision. If the alleged leaks are truespoilers:
    end of spoilers

The MCU never did the work to establish Wanda/Vision as a ship. It went from in Civil War where he violates her boundaries, tries to lock her up, and hands her to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar to suddenly "true love". Adding a single scene of watching tv once doesn't counteract that they didn't respect Wanda enough to put in the work.

"Wanda does something selfish" sounds like comic wanda in the comics to me, disassembled, m-day, empyre etc, tbh

In age of ultron she starts as a villain, like comic wanda did in the brotherhood, she did kill vision in infinity war and it was Captain America choice first to not sacrifice Vision and she did it but then thanos came with the time stone.

her plot in WandaVision which ins't perfect, shows us her being denial about the HEX, her past and at least her character has agency in a story that it's about her unlike her most well known story "HoM" where she barely appears and commits an horrible act.

Wanda and Vision relationship was hinted in Age Of Ultron, and it was obviously developed off panel since the just were secondary characters in the movies so i don't get this critizing.

end of spoilers

They didn't do it with her twice before. We have her intro which is her being mislead by Ultron in the same way she was mislead by Magneto in comics. We have her join Cap's side which other heroes did as well. Which wouldn't be untrue for the comics version. She sacrifices the love of her life at his request to save others in IW, and then helps save the universe in Endgame.

We don't know the real plot of MoM. We know the synopsis and the leaked merch and it doesn't go along with the rumors.

The MCU hasn't done well with any romance. Even Pepper and Tony.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

"Wanda does something selfish" sounds like comic wanda in the comics to me, disassembled, m-day, empyre etc, tbh

In age of ultron she starts as a villain, like comic wanda did in the brotherhood, she did kill vision in infinity war and it was Captain America choice first to not sacrifice Vision and she did it but then thanos came with the time stone.

her plot in WandaVision which ins't perfect, shows us her being denial about the HEX, her past and at least her character has agency in a story that it's about her unlike her most well known story "HoM" where she barely appears and commits an horrible act.

Wanda and Vision relationship was hinted in Age Of Ultron, and it was obviously developed off panel since the just were secondary characters in the movies so i don't get this critizing.
    That is not Wanda in the comics. She's not really selfish. She'd have never become a hero to save others if she was. AD/HoM and X-Men Empyre are hack jobs that are the exception, not the rule. Short attention spans do not make her selfish. That means writers unable to remember who the character really is.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-30-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That is not Wanda in the comics. She's not really selfish. She'd have never become a hero to save others if she was. AD/HoM and X-Men Empyre are hack jobs that are the exception, not the rule. Short attention spans do not make her selfish. That makes writers unable to remember who the character really is.
    I mean i'm with you but you know that the writers of the show were inspired by Wanda most popular comics (not empyre clearly) but you understand which ones they used, they used some of her solo run from 2015 too, that's just the way marvel views her nowadays and we have to get used to it till they change it some day...

spoilers:
    like even in today's trial of magneto issue she's blamed for the kaijus attacking Krakoa, just like she's blamed for attscking the avengers and causing M-day, the zombie mess etc...
    end of spoilers

My point is that MCU Wanda causing harm to others and acting selfish isn't just a thing of the mcu, they obviously taking things from the books.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-30-2021 at 04:28 PM.

I mean i'm with you but you know that the writers of the show were inspired by Wanda most popular comics (not empyre clearly) but you understand which ones they used, they used some of her solo run from 2015 too, that's just the way marvel views her nowadays and we have to get used to it till they change it some day...

spoilers:
    like even in today's trial of magneto issue she's blamed for the kaijus attacking Krakoa, just like she's blamed for attscking the avengers and causing M-day, the zombie mess etc...
    end of spoilers

My point is that MCU Wanda causing harm to others and acting selfish isn't just a thing of the mcu, they obviously taking things from the books.
    On MCU she didn't caused harm to others because she was selfish, she caused because she wasn't trained on her actual powers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I think they pulled from a variety because they did do references to Vision and the Scarlet Witch as well. They did use AD/HoM but did it with Wanda haven't narrative and being humanized instead of just a plot device. There was at least that bare minimum. They did also use her solo. They used Vision's as well.

It did indeed start in the books with John Byrne, and never should have been allowed to go beyond that. But also the problem is fans too have short attention spans and only seem to want the parts of Wanda that were hack jobs. And haven't made the effort to go beyond that with the character. So the company could be responding to that demand. And until that part of the fandom realizes that isn't well rounded characterization and isn't the whole of who Wanda is, that likely will be a factor in how she's treated as well.

It's sad that this new feminist way of portray powerful female characters in the comics, say carol's captain marvel, jane thor etc, doesn't include wanda at all.

Well I hope they eventually come around to the realization that all women should be included in feminism.

It's sad that this new feminist way of portray powerful female characters in the comics, say carol's captain marvel, jane thor etc, doesn't include wanda at all.
    I wonder why, Is it because of her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think it's a bit more than that. Like all/most classic 60's heroines, she's filled with very feminine archetypes. You can see how Jean, Sue and Janet also don't get anything from Marvel's feminism/female empowerment stuff. Jean and Sue at least get to have regular appearances in their franchise though.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well I hope they eventually come around to the realization that all women should be included in feminism.
    If the interview from the writer of ToM has any grain of truths to it, it sounds like maybe Marvel Comics have plans for Wanda with how they are delegating editor in how to write Wanda, so that shows maybe IMO they have plans going forward. It is stretch and I never want to take false hopes from teases in interviews, but still it sounds interesting and by what I have talk fellow LCS owners it is hard to see Marvel not getting kicked in the but to finally push her more, they follow the money even if it takes them long to sniff out where it is going to lead them with who.

As for Bigger names like Spider Man, Wolverine, Batman, etc, it is not right to compare their popularity to other tier characters cause they are over the top standard bearers for their franchises, they will always be pushed not matter how bad of light they might be in at any given time.

I rather have only a few showings in comics for Wanda, enough for major activity but with meaning to it all, rather then oversaturating the market with appearances to many times that make no sense to why she can be everywhere so much with not logic like Spiderman and Batman have to many times.

More time will tell for Wanda I think by the end of this series, it feels this is being a standard bearer where they want to go with her going forward.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's a bit more than that. Like all/most classic 60's heroines, she's filled with very feminine archetypes. You can see how Jean, Sue and Janet also don't get anything from Marvel's feminism/female empowerment stuff. Jean and Sue at least get to have regular appearances in their franchise though.
    I think it is more the Marvel Comics moves like old Dinosaurs that don't want to change any status quo unless they have to or are told too. It still might be in their minds those ladies don't make bank like a Wonder Woman or other ladies do cause they are in a team nitch and unless they are pushing that nitch they don't use them. Jean and Sue are good cause they are the head Ladies of their respective teams and since the MCU started it has been seen this way for Black Widow and Captain Marvel as well.

Wanda is part of that old nitch that is hard to get out of with bias hard against her as well with those unusable views in Marvel elite minds IMO. Indeed HoM and Bendis stuff has IMO also left the mark most of all and only with recent events like the MCU and the FOX buy, does Marvel seem to be slowly turning maybe their views on Wanda, but it is slow, to slow for Fans to see and feel that anything is happening and it still took such a kick in their A$$es to make them start moving, but a move is a move.

More time, which is something hard for any Wanda Fan to bear, but it seems allot of this is bearing slowlying in using Wanda more. We have to see if it really will if at all pane out, but still with even the clucky way at times ToM has been it seems their focus might be finally moving on from the past as the 1st act for her to not bog her down in HoM as much no more, or at least if the writer says is true that might be the case.

Only Time will tell but we have to hope to era on the side of Hoping and Positives that it will indeed pane out that way, slow as it may be.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

end of spoilers

That is one overly reductive way to put it.