Page 674 of 774 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684724 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's weird because it was Vision initially that pushed hard for a family. I don't think their separation is legit something emotional despite what her solo did. I think out of comics, they just don't want to age some characters with having kids. They have a real problem with age, despite having plenty of very young heroes for younger readers to relate to.
    But we have so many younger characters. They're called the 'young Avengers' for goodness' sake. And we have the Champions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like writers of the current age make it so Vision only loves Viv & Wanda the twins get lost in the shuffle, this is kinda why I love WandaVisions potrayal & look forward to even more MCU use of Vision with the twins. I honestly loved the fact he & Billy were really close, while Wanda gravitated towards Tommy I thought that was a unique dynamic.
    It could make sense if Vision didn't think those 2 were his actual sons, with the whole alternate reality and reincarnation business from the comics. It would be a little awkward when your twin sons were separately raised by two separate families. With Vision currently emotionless (or so it seems) in the MCU, maybe he won't regain his attachment to Billy & Tommy if & when they reunite

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    This whole thing is weird. How old are these back-ups? Everyone learned that Wanda and Pietro weren't mutants around AXIS, yet it seems that Cebebro knew about the deception way before anyone else. Also the whole I would like to see someone try to capture Wanda bit was cringeworthy given plenty of people ahve managed to capture Wanda, and it is more of Leah flipflopping with Wanda's power levels, that apparently she's supposed to be all powerful, yet was killed by an old weakness kicking and (non-even) screaming.
    I can't be sure. Maybe this is one of Cerebro's secret abilities?

This whole thing is weird. How old are these back-ups? Everyone learned that Wanda and Pietro weren't mutants around AXIS, yet it seems that Cebebro knew about the deception way before anyone else. Also the whole I would like to see someone try to capture Wanda bit was cringeworthy given plenty of people ahve managed to capture Wanda, and it is more of Leah flipflopping with Wanda's power levels, that apparently she's supposed to be all powerful, yet was killed by an old weakness kicking and (non-even) screaming.
    I think Xavier and Magneto were all lying all this time. I think they were trying to use Wanda as a reality warper for Krakoa. They at least thought about it

It's a problem that writers use characters to tell and not show things. Heshould be talking like this "only someone really powerful could kidnap Wanda."

We just saw her running away and being brutally killed. Unless that isn't real.

It's like writers do a crap writing and then are like "oh she is really powerful, see Steve saying she is so powerful"
    Last edited by Writerblog; 10-15-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post

I can't be sure. Maybe this is one of Cerebro's secret abilities?

Maybe he learned when he grew a body. But no-one wants to talk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I think Xavier and Magneto were all lying all this time. I think they were trying to use Wanda as a reality warper for Krakoa. They at least thought about it

It's a problem that writers use characters to tell and not show things. Heshould be talking like this "only someone really powerful could kidnap Wanda."

We just saw her running away and being brutally killed. Unless that isn't real.

It's like writers do a crap writing and then are like "oh she is really powerful, see Steve saying she is so powerful"
    Yeah, so far nothing makes sense and there is a lot of tell don't show.

Its like the third time in the trial book of someone saying how could she die if she's that powerful, Northstar says who could kill her like that and why wanda didn't use any of her powers.

I have a theory that maybe the wanda who died it's also a clone that someone resurrected and the real wanda is somewhere trapped but then i remember she knows about the pretender stuff so it can't be an older backup

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Its like the third time in the trial book of someone saying how could she die if she's that powerful, Northstar says who could kill her like that and why wanda didn't use any of her powers.

I have a theory that maybe the wanda who died it's also a clone that someone resurrected and the real wanda is somewhere trapped but then i remember she knows about the pretender stuff so it can't be an older backup
    Could be. I keep bringing it up, but I feel like with them still putting her current costume on a variant cover, that they could be purposely having some of her costumes old. And that it's not an oversight.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, so far nothing makes sense and there is a lot of tell don't show.
    It's not a good murder mistery, it needs more clues and less plot holes.

We already know Magneto and Mystique aren't the murderers

Plus, the once a month thing really takes the energy out of everything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I feel like writers of the current age make it so Vision only loves Viv & Wanda the twins get lost in the shuffle, this is kinda why I love WandaVisions potrayal & look forward to even more MCU use of Vision with the twins. I honestly loved the fact he & Billy were really close, while Wanda gravitated towards Tommy I thought that was a unique dynamic.
    Unfortunately with the way things went in WandaVision, it all leads to Vis not caring about the twins going forward either. Since Hex!Vision is dead and White Vision, even if/when he recovers his emotions, wasn't the one who was the twins' father.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Unfortunately with the way things went in WandaVision, it all leads to Vis not caring about the twins going forward either. Since Hex!Vision is dead and White Vision, even if/when he recovers his emotions, wasn't the one who was the twins' father.
    I thought Hex Vision gave him his memories?

Ultimate Member

I thought Hex Vision gave him his memories?
    But not the emotions connected to them, IIRC

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Scarlet Witch VS Phoenix
    by Gabrielescala

https://www.deviantart.com/gabrieles...enix-894985406

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Oh, I fully expect some 'moment' between Lorna and Mags at the end of Trial of Magneto. But, shifting their relationship away from anything tangible really before this all the way back to Bunn means there is no guiding basis and can flip flop as we saw during the Hellfire Gala from one issue to the next. Their interaction right now obviously is meant as a contrast to loving and emotional Wanda/Magneto. But, again they are missing an underlying basis to their relationship in part due to the Genosha era being stuck in a memory hole.
    Exactly and itīs tackling Wanda and Erik relationship in rose tinted glasses, I like to see them being friendly but there was neccesary some work to adress all that has happened between them but who knows, maybe thatīs what Leah will do and have them end on bad terms, what I am really hating is them forgetting Lorna and Magneto time on Genosha and how much this past experience should have made them understand each other well. Maybe if we keep talking about it, they will remember to include it.

They actually had a basis in the 80s and 90s of Wanda hating Mags for having her be in the Brotherhood in the 60s. It was overused and should have been put out to pasture well before HoM. In the run up to HoM she became Anya 2.0 and I think that status still exists in Trial of Magneto.
    Agreed, I am not saying they should be completely friendly but they can be written with nuance, like they were on by Heinberg and Remender.

It contradicts even Hickman take on Lorna and Magneto, they seemed fine on Hox/Pox.
    Exactly, they also seemed fine on the gala as well, just not on Leahīs X-factor, they have mostly been distant but on good terms and actually have lived together for a time so it doesnīt make sense to see them fight as if they hated each other the whole time.

Between wanda, Pietro and Lorna I lways thought he had the best relationship with Lorna
    Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

It's not a good murder mistery, it needs more clues and less plot holes.

We already know Magneto and Mystique aren't the murderers
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Plus, the once a month thing really takes the energy out of everything.
    Too true, there isn't enough clues and there is too much of a wait between parts to get really get involved with the mystery despite that is the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly and itīs tackling Wanda and Erik relationship in rose tinted glasses, I like to see them being friendly but there was neccesary some work to adress all that has happened between them but who knows, maybe thatīs what Leah will do and have them end on bad terms, what I am really hating is them forgetting Lorna and Magneto time on Genosha and how much this past experience should have made them understand each other well. Maybe if we keep talking about it, they will remember to include it.
    Having it end with them on bad terms would have really been a waste and a terrible reason to cancel X-Factor. The work and progression of their relationship to being positive should have been shown, but having the story end with bad blood between them again kinda just makes Magneto’s feelings toward the twins seem pointless and have no reason to dwell on changing mutants perspective on Wanda.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”