Page 554 of 774 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 11598
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/2SCilrqXadq5AlNpMZb480
    Leah Williams interview behind the Trial of Magneto.
    She basically wanted this series to be about healing between Wanda and Mutants. She says she wants this to be an empathy engine for Wanda and it’s not really a Magneto story. She also mentions Chaos Magic as something not tied to Wanda’s mental health, but something positive and empowering.
    I love that she mentions that she bought a custom heart journal dedicated to Wanda and is a Sailor Moon fan. Revealing she is a Wanda sympathizer that wants to rehabilitate Wanda’s relation to chaos magic and mutantdom in a positive and empathetic matter is giving me hope for ToM. Cautious hope, but it’s there. She even recognizes that she had a bias against the Avengers as an X-Men fan, and worked to overcome that to better understand and represent them. Maybe Jericho will show up after all, and marketing just didn’t show him because reasons.

Or maybe not. But I’m willing to give Leah more credit this time around and hope editorial won’t compromise the key points she’s hoping to accomplish for Wanda.

https://twitter.com/xmenaccess/statu...209698818?s=21
    Isn’t this word for word what I said?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I love that she mentions that she bought a custom heart journal dedicated to Wanda and is a Sailor Moon fan. Revealing she is a Wanda sympathizer that wants to rehabilitate Wanda’s relation to chaos magic and mutantdom in a positive and empathetic matter is giving me hope for ToM. Cautious hope, but it’s there. She even recognizes that she had a bias against the Avengers as an X-Men fan, and worked to overcome that to better understand and represent them. Maybe Jericho will show up after all, and marketing just didn’t show him because reasons.

Or maybe not. But I’m willing to give Leah more credit this time around and hope editorial won’t compromise the key points she’s hoping to accomplish for Wanda.
    Honestly, this makes it sound like she was the best person to tackle this kind of story if anyone was going to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, this makes it sound like she was the best person to tackle this kind of story if anyone was going to handle it.
    I would prefer a good writer on the Avengers side. Writers always say this kinda of thing on interviews and it raises eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think they plan on keeping her over there. Jordan White did say she's still an Avengers character during Comic-con@home this year.
    Avengers going to recruit more members on the 50th issue. Who knows, maybe she has a chance
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-16-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I would prefer a good writer on the Avengers side. Writers always say this kinda of thing on interviews and it raises eyebrows
    The only person I would trust on the Avengers side is Zub and he probably wouldn't get to write this, so I feel like we can only take her at her word for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only person I would trust on the Avengers side is Zub and he probably wouldn't get to write this, so I feel like we can only take her at her word for now.
    Well she pitched the murder of wanda, that is already a nope for me. Zub for sure wouldn't go this way and the rest might not be interested. I'm 100% sure for avengers writers this is subject already done.

i never take writers words, unless they have a good track record

https://twitter.com/xmenaccess/statu...209698818?s=21
    Isn’t this word for word what I said?
    They really pulled a Snopes on you, lol.

They really pulled a Snopes on you, lol.
    I really don’t care for credit, but at least link the thread so more people can join for appreciation. It is what is so i really ain’t trippin
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I really don’t care for credit, but at least link the thread so more people can join for appreciation. It is what is so i really ain’t trippin
    They did to you what Marvel did to Joe Quinones.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Trial of Magneto #2 variant by Mico Suayan for Unknown Comics

If we could retire that pose entirely, that would be great. It’s been done to death, and it always telegraphs Wanda at her weakest and Magneto at his strongest.

But as always, the art itself is brilliantly done and I’m in love with the colors and inking. I just wish it wasn’t a pattern.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 08-16-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Trial of Magneto #2 variant by Mico Suayan for Unknown Comics

Meh, can they stop this kind of pose already.
    Or use Pietro or bloody Death or something, I mean, if it's really supposed to be about Wanda?

Extraordinary Member

If we could retire that pose entirely, that would be great. It’s been done to death, and it always telegraphs Wanda at her weakest and Magneto at his strongest.

But as always, the art itself is brilliantly done and I’m in love with the colors and inking. I just wish it wasn’t a pattern.
    Yeah, if it's with a loved one and she is alive then it's kinda wholesome. If it's with a loved one ot Death and she is dead then it's supoosed to be sad.
    But with Magneto, I honestly cannot shake off the feeling he is essentially using Wanda's corpse as a pretty set piece to express some masculinity and the none-existent fatherly pain I guess.

Leah Williams's interview does shed a more positive light on the overall story and I'm happy that her main objective is to drive the story through empathy. Still waiting to see how it plays out. There's still concern about this story only centering around and about Wanda (through the perspective, actions, and reactions of others), as I would prefer for her to have agency within the story. Being a device for healing is only marginally better than servicing one for division or spectacle.

It's apparent that Williams has done her research. Her process (creating a Wanda notebook) and clarification of a corporate-mandated title seems to indicate that she perceives Wanda to be more of the focus of the story than the title would imply. Still that begs the question, since I'd imagine that both Williams and Werneck are aware of Wanda's modern design, why is Wanda wearing an old costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Well she pitched the murder of wanda, that is already a nope for me. Zub for sure wouldn't go this way and the rest might not be interested. I'm 100% sure for avengers writers this is subject already done.

i never take writers words, unless they have a good track record
    Going off what she's saying I feel like the murder premise is just to set up a healing or repair process, hard as that is to believe, and she's not out to ruin or kill Wanda permanently. At least that's my takeaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Leah Williams's interview does shed a more positive light on the overall story and I'm happy that her main objective is to drive the story through empathy. Still waiting to see how it plays out. There's still concern about this story only centering around and about Wanda (through the perspective, actions, and reactions of others), as I would prefer for her to have agency within the story. Being a device for healing is only marginally better than servicing one for division or spectacle.

It's apparent that Williams has done her research. Her process (creating a Wanda notebook) and clarification of a corporate-mandated title seems to indicate that she perceives Wanda to be more of the focus of the story than the title would imply. Still that begs the question, since I'd imagine that both Williams and Werneck are aware of Wanda's modern design, why is Wanda wearing an old costume?
    I wonder if the writers even specified a costume.