Page 429 of 774 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It is not pointless to me, these character mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people, wanda has always been a mutant, even before magneto was established as her father.
    She was, but Marvel should have done more with it. And I still believe that even if they are making her a mutant again, they won't use that often.

Like, it's a nice idea that they'd make her some kind of ambassador between the A and X side. But this is a character that they absolutely refused to give any decent character beat to that could have helped redeem her in the past 10 years since she's been back in comics (if you can call it that) since M-day. So they just haven't built up a lot of good faith in that regard.

If they do return her, have it be for her narrative. Don't just make her that and sit on it. And keep her an Avenger and have her in actual Avengers stuff. She was the second ever female Avenger. On the second team. She was the most consistent serving Avenger. It's her home, it's where her friends are. Everything that she's built in the past 56 years of being an Avenger.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hence why this story would be used to retcon that HE retcon. She was in fact always a mutant and he being resurrected as such will reaffirm that
    I always liked Wanda as a mutant who kind of left the mutant community and joined the Avengers one, I thought it gave her an interesting & different perspective.

I also think that not being a mutant hurt her even more in regards to House of M stuff -- suddenly she's an outsider eradicating mutants instead of one of them. It just comes off worse. I'm kind of optimistic that this mini is going to be about finally ridding her of the blame for HoM stuff, which Children's Crusade tried to do but subsequent books wouldn't really let it.

If she comes out of this seen as a less "damaged" character, it's worth it.

Wanda's solo was overall forgettable like what's the real harm in doing away with Natalya all together not **** has been done with the character, or the supposed mantle aspect of it since it was introduced might aswell just call it a fever dream. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, a relevant corpse and before that a relevant **** up at magic.
    Glad reading comic is not a necessity since eating **** just to survive sounds rough.

Well she is more relevant in the comics now than she has been in a while so thats a start...
    She's really not. She's pretty non-existent. Her death is the first appearance for the character in months. She hasn't been in an ongoing in over a year. Relevance is not what I'd call it. She was already dead essentially.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wanda's solo was overall forgettable like what's the real harm in doing away with Natalya all together not **** has been done with the character, or the supposed mantle aspect of it since it was introduced might aswell just call it a fever dream. *shrugs*
    So is her entire relationship with Magneto, but fan works just brand it too deep into some people's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's not forgettable. It's one of the major comics linked and recommended for the character. I love the magic detective stuff and wish they'd do more with that and make her like Marvel's Constantine. Not liking the retcon does not make it irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I always liked Wanda as a mutant who kind of left the mutant community and joined the Avengers one, I thought it gave her an interesting & different perspective.

I also think that not being a mutant hurt her even more in regards to House of M stuff -- suddenly she's an outsider eradicating mutants instead of one of them. It just comes off worse. I'm kind of optimistic that this mini is going to be about finally ridding her of the blame for HoM stuff, which Children's Crusade tried to do but subsequent books wouldn't really let it.

If she comes out of this seen as a less "damaged" character, it's worth it.
    Her not being a mutant did nothing to hurt her. It gave her a solo comic and some time in comics that she hadn't had for years at that point. She was still a mutant and Mags' kid when she was gone for 7 years. So with or without it, Marvel uses her very little.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeahhhh, let's shower her with the love from X-franchise, it's totally gonna helppp..
    I can just feel the love of her discarded corpse, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's really not. She's pretty non-existent. Her death is the first appearance for the character in months. She hasn't been in an ongoing in over a year. Relevance is not what I'd call it. She was already dead essentially.
    People are talking about her and dead or not, she is one of the central figures in this upcoming story. If she is left dead, then yeah, it will do nothing, but if she is resurrected, then yes it has boosted her relevancy. She was doing nothing but insignificant appearances prior to this. Like it or not, this has made her more relevant. One can be dead and still be relevant. Jean Grey was for years

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, and did Jean get any content during those years?
    How about HOM for Wanda? It certainly made her so freaking relevant, the entire X-line won't ever shut up about it. People also won't shut up about her when discussing power levels.
    The question is, what is in it for her?
    Her being relevant as a plot device really means crap to me

Well if you think about it what could be more chaotic in the realm of magic than the omega level ability to warp the very reality of magic itself. In that sense would every magical being in existence fear wanda as there would be no definiable limit to her ability to affect the very reality of magic itself, giving her the potential to truly throw everything into "chaos"/
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Again, I prefer the simple organized explanation of Busiek.

People are talking about her and dead or not, she is one of the central figures in this upcoming story. If she is left dead, then yeah, it will do nothing, but if she is resurrected, then yes it has boosted her relevancy. She was doing nothing but insignificant appearances prior to this. Like it or not, this has made her more relevant. One can be dead and still be relevant. Jean Grey was for years
    Only because editorial didn't want to do anything with her. It now came out they were waiting until her show to drop to do this.

Yeah, if she is back in time for the movie, it did something. The problem is Marvel still had this weird bone to pick with her despite the fact the character isn't real.

It's just a lame way to set up things and makes me wish almost all the Marvel Comics office gets scorched Earth soon.

Man, I wish that rumor Feige was looking at the comics was true...

These last few years have been rough.

People have been talking about her for years, and never in good terms.

If they do good things, yes, it'll be something. But still unnecessary as there were always better options that Marvel did not do. Like I said, they would be fixing the problem they created, because they had this option to redeem her 10 years ago. They never did it. All the time that Wanda has been a hot button topic. She's been in the MCU for 7 years and getting more popular by the year. They still wouldn't really feature her. They did not push her at all. She's been relatively missing from comics, even during her show. We are four months after that and the only thing they've done is kill her off.

I mean you don't have to stretch far to understand why there isn't pure optimism here. And it's not even true that X-side could treat her better, because they factually have not. Her only positive appearances have been her solo and Zub's Avengers. Everything else infantalizes her, makes her a pariah, degrades her, and now has killed her off.

So there's gotta be a lot (A LOT) of footwork done by Marvel before any good faith in them can be restored. Because what we've had lately is functionally dead, not treated well, and comics covers teases. That's all they've given for 17 years.