Page 510 of 774 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 11598

Marvel Comics' Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death
    https://gizmodo.com/marvel-comics-tr...han-1847352784

The article says Magneto adopted Wanda. He was only her sperm donor, and that link has been discredited.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I don’t know if it’s been said, though on the SDCC Marvel panel Jordan D White said Wanda is not an X-character(obviously). So hopefully whatever comes out of Trial of Magneto it’s HoM will never be brought up again for Wanda and she can be used in Avenger comics or solo again without other writers having to worry about the baggage.
    The most important hope to come out of this IMO as I have said to a friend in RL as well is for this to be the final chapter of the HoM story to close it finally and move on from it for Wanda, that is what I want most out of this.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Comics' Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death

The article says Magneto adopted Wanda. He was only her sperm donor, and that link has been discredited.
    I think it's gizmodo's way of reconciling the retcons. But he really didn't even adopt them. He claimed he was the father, no one did a DNA test. There was no adoption because they were fully grown adults by then.

In X-Factor he just considers himself still their father. Which isn't really adoption either. Just more like when people aren't biologically related but consider themselves family.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Maybe he was considering it after the retcon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My opinion on Westview is Wanda should have kept it up & kicked out the people if they were so damn miserable eventhough she improved their lives. The fact she shut it down just because grown adults were complaining about nightmares & wanting to hold their kids. Solution open a hole in the barrier grab yo kids & get TF out. I think MCU Billy & Tommy are probably gonna have some tension with Wanda she pretty much said the lives of those random nobodies outweighs their own. Actually that could be a juicy ass plotline in MOM.....
    Bud they were in pure pain to the point of begging for death.They were playing roles, they weren't actually happy.And being miserable seems pretty understandable since they were separated from their families and in pure pain.

That being said kicking them out or just taking the Hex elsewhere if that's a possibility(since all those people's lives are in Westview ) would be a better choice.Or better yet just do what she did with Agatha.No Hex required to keep her as the nosy neighbor.

I don’t know if it’s been said, though on the SDCC Marvel panel Jordan D White said Wanda is not an X-character(obviously). So hopefully whatever comes out of Trial of Magneto it’s HoM will never be brought up again for Wanda and she can be used in Avenger comics or solo again without other writers having to worry about the baggage.
    Yet, they choose to vilify her and then kill her off. Reminds me of Smith and Mysterio. Then again that's typical of Hickman's X-men universe, screw the non-mutants.

Still hopefully this will finally draw a line under HOM for good.

Extraordinary Member

The story seems a lot more magneto focused than I thought.
    Damn that really s*cks

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn that really s*cks
    Really this story is more about dealing with how mutant’s see Wanda in their culture while also viewing individual opinions on Wanda.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn that really s*cks
    Well given it is called the Trial of Magneto, I'm not surprised. Wanda is just a plot device for the story (again), given that Magneto is one of Krakoa's leaders and seen as a hero on the Island, it will probably focus on how this will affect people's perceptions of him.

Extraordinary Member

Really this story is more about dealing with how mutant’s see Wanda in their culture while also viewing individual opinions on Wanda.
    None of which really matters though.
    I ironically just want Wanda to suddenly pop back to life and say "thank you all for the touchy words, but I have zero **** to give, can I get my paycheck and leave now?"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I ironically just want Wanda to suddenly pop back to life and say "thank you all for the touchy words, but I have zero **** to give, can I get my paycheck and leave now?"
    She just turns up at her own funeral.
    Last edited by leokearon; 07-24-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah I couldn't care less how mutants see Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I couldn't care less how mutants see Wanda.
    That isn't important to the character, I rather get more into her avengers/magical relationships

Ultimate Member

Why would Wanda CARE??? Seriously why would she care???

She does not have to interact with them at all.

Because they don't care about the damage they have done to Wakanda.

If editorial does not view her as a mutant-why have this story? There is no logical to it.

Marvel is just wasting a mini series slot that could have gone to ANY solo X-Men, Inhuman, Wanda or others who don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The most important hope to come out of this IMO as I have said to a friend in RL as well is for this to be the final chapter of the HoM story to close it finally and move on from it for Wanda, that is what I want most out of this.
    Agreed, the minimum I will accept is the closure of this long chapter for Wanda leading to her finally being allowed to play part in her own story. I've given up any expectation that this will explore Wanda as a character other than as a device or fixture in the narrative of other characters. Too much of what has been stated so far situates the story as a "trial" or crucible for Magneto and a point of conflict for how others perceive Wanda.

I'll be happily surprised if this adds to her story in any way, providing her choice, voice, and agency within the story. But I'm wholly expecting that this will be about her, but not involve her in any significant capacity. The conflict will revolve and resolve itself around the actions of other characters and she'll be discussed but take no action. All in all, if this story needs to play out in order for her to shed the BS that has dragged her down for the last 20 years then so be it, I'll wait it out. But if she is merely used as a pawn, again, for cheap drama or the dead-horse bogeyman trope continues at the close of this story, then Marvel will have a lot to answer for.

The alt-covers have been pretty.