Page 301 of 774 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Never really understood what the “Lifeforce” was. It’s really just a lazy written cop out, like the lifeforce of what exactly. It would have just been better if they had just let it be her powers growing out of control due to grief than just try to say “Doom did it”.
    Life Force has to do with the creation of the universe. It was the universe's big bang power.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Life Force has to do with the creation of the universe. It was the universe's big bang power.
    Thanks GenericUsername, I just assumed it was lazy writing 😕
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That whole business was OOC to justify reducing the number of mutants. It's more of an editorial problem

In a way, yes
    I like unique origin stories. Those are so much fun. I thought the Hulk's, Daredevil's and Vision's debuts were incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    That's nonsense on Joe's part and he should know. He was just trying to brush off complaints. But his attitude is why magic characters are in the state that they are. He says they are deus ex machinas and he treats them as such. They're plot devices to him.

If he read those stories, he would know 1. Bendis removed the whole Chaos magic thing. That was the big point in Disassembled. She was a reality warper and chaos magic was a lie. Using magic. What that means is ambiguous because she was a plot device for Bendis. I'm not sure what her powers were supposed to be in that story because I don't think Bendis knew. It was meant to be shock and awe so that he could destroy the Avengers.

2. People did complain. Countless of people complained and said it made no sense and that she was never that powerful before. This site itself mocked and laughed at Bendis statement that we should reread the old stories to see how it fit. It didn't fit.

3. Mephisto became a straight up god in one story to fit the plot Joe wanted with no greater concern about character or setting. The story ends with Spider-man cutting the deal with the devil with no repercussions. In most stories, cutting a deal with the devil is a bad thing but not in this one because it was a tool to get the story he wanted.

The problem is modern writers. Not the rules. Joe complains about there not being any rules when he the one deciding to not use any rules. Maybe if it was god warping reality but isn't Mephisto a demon? But again it's writer's fault.

Wanda's problem is not her powers. Her problem is that she, like the Vision, the Wasp, Pym, and sort of Clint was kicked out the book that was their home for years because they weren't A-listers and now are stuck wandering in the desert until a writer wants to use them. And that she has Bendis' story as an literal scarlet letter on her chest. It means she is stuck with her most famous story being her baby-crazy reality warper who wiped out mutants.

Wanda was a solid character that existed from 60 years until Bendis. Why is that now and only now can they not get her to work? It's not because they can't and she's a mess. It because they, for some reason, have decided that Bendis' characterization is who she is.
    Well, I didn't know how furious the response to what Quesada and Bendis did was at that time. I was out of comics during that era. Boy am I glad I missed out on it. I don't like grim dark deconstructions in comic books. I'm glad Feige and Marvel Studios don't either. I think Quesada and Bendis are pretty talented people. But I think they are more suited to crime fighting street level characters like Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Daredevil, Punisher and Jessica Jones (who I just found out about). I'm not sure if they were even interested in magic and fantasy all that much. From what I understand, Marvel editors and writers STILL don't know how to fix their problems with magical characters!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think you are misreading their posts. At times magic is treated bad but not always. Strange went through a frustrating period of being depowered, twice and was used as a plot device in Infinity. But those were now over a decade or more ago.

Quesada's stuff was 20 years ago.

Decimation was not done through magic exactly. The life force is a cosmic power. Wanda tapped into it using her chaos magic abilities, but was not using her abilities when she depowered mutants. Which is why now she cannot reverse it. She lost the Life Force in Children's Crusade.

And I can't seem to think of a time that Magik was used as a plot device. Her stories are usually with her as the main focus and fleshed out.
    That life force stuff sounds very confusing. Really fascinating, but confusing. Comic books can be very fun, but sometimes I find them to be absolutely incomprehensible. Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand these concepts. I like the grounded and realistic interpretations of the source material by the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-22-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking 300 Pages!!! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy 300th page fellow Wanda Fans! We have been talking alot this year, lol!
    Very Much Indeed Phoenixx9, this is an Amazingly BEYOND Number of Pages of Sharing, Meeting, Talking, Dicusssing, Supporting and Loving in just the Under 4 Months of 2021! =D

On Average We are Posting at or around 75-80 Pages Monthly, This Makes Us at time the #1 Most active Thread on Marvel of the 2021 threads at many times or at least #2 just Behind the Black Panther Thread(This is not a contest, just some fun Facts to be proud of!) and by what I have seen in other Parts of the Forums, the #1-#2 Most Active 2021 Thread in ALL OF CBR, That is INCREDIBLE LOVE, SHARING & DISSCUSING for 2021!!! ^_^

All of Use Should be Proud of our Fandom, we are inviting and we have added in new fans and memebers in just this year alone!

Major, Major, MAJOR Congratz to All in Our Fandom, All of Our Love, All of Our Caring for Each other, All of Our Views and Mostly ALL of Our LOVE For This Lady Named Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

A most fabulous montage of Wanda pics, CJ!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

A most fabulous montage of Wanda pics, CJ!
    Thanks, They where in my collection archives of Scarlet Witch Artwork on My Computer!

Some Impressive Facts to show how Active this year in just 4 Months has been, take pride in the 2021 thread fellow Wanda Fans!

SW Thread 2020~ 271
    SW Thread 2019~ 234
    SW Thread April 2014 to August 2018~ 818
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks, They where in my collection archives of Scarlet Witch Artwork on My Computer!
    Yes, I recognize them!

The one on the top left---is that an inverse pic? (meaning it was originally shown as a reverse image of this one)

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Never really understood what the “Lifeforce” was. It’s really just a lazy written cop out, like the lifeforce of what exactly. It would have just been better if they had just let it be her powers growing out of control due to grief than just try to say “Doom did it”.
    The thing is that she already dealt with her supposed grief in West Coast Avengers Annual by Roy Thomas.
    And Mystic Arcana/Marvel Tarot hinted at Wanda's breakdown being due to Chthon or Set's influence.

Yes, I recognize them!

The one on the top left---is that an inverse pic? (meaning it was originally shown as a reverse image of this one)
    Would not surprise me, I got this artwork SO long ago I am not sure who made it, but if I remember and when I get to the book that has that image if I remember I hope I do will will post about it!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Would not surprise me, I got this artwork SO long ago I am not sure who made it, but if I remember and when I get to the book that has that image if I remember I hope I do will will post about it!
    Oh. It reminds me of the splash page of #83 with the Lady Liberators. Wanda looked so beautiful there! But I could be wrong. When you get to that issue in a while, you will have to let me know if I got it correct.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The thing is that she already dealt with her supposed grief in West Coast Avengers Annual by Roy Thomas.
    And Mystic Arcana/Marvel Tarot hinted at Wanda's breakdown being due to Chthon or Set's influence.
    Very, Very, VERY Much Indeed a VERY Critical Issue MaximoffTrash, One that is Evidance Example #1 that the Whole of "Wanda was Forced to Forget her Kids Until Dissembles" was a Total Fabricated LIE By Bendis and Anyone that Brings Up Canon and Wanda Forgeting her Kids up Until that Lied Filled Story Needs to Know the TRUE Cannon History of Wanda to as the Ghost of Christmas Present would Say "Know Me Better!"

It shows Bendis did not Care about Canon at all and Lied about Wanda in AD and that Fans that say that is Canon she forgot her kids are not honoring the stories that showed she Remembered and it was a Critical Issue in her Storied History.

Honor the History of Any Character, Otherwise those that don't and say it is ok not to for some, Will Find THEIR Favorites not being Honored Either.

It was In West Coast Avengers Annual (1986) #7!

The Story was Called "A Study in Scarlet" by Roy Thomas!

Lightbulb

Their are Many Pages to the Story, But here are IMO the 3 Key Pages in Understanding Wanda and Where her Mind was TRULY at with her Kids and how was able to Honor and how she was able to Move Past It all becoming Stronger!

These are Facts ALL Fans Should Know about Wanda Before just using Dissembles or HoM as the only Reference to say about Wanda's History, Honor and True Truth in all Characters is in the Canon, not a Story That Does not honor Canon like AD and HoM!

As Phoenixx9 Would Say, If you truly want to Judge a Character, you should Know their True and a Majority of their history!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    That life force stuff sound very confusing. Really fascinating, but confusing. Comic books can be very fun, but sometimes I find them to be absolutely incomprehensible. Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand these concepts. I like the grounded and realistic interpretations of the source material by the MCU.
    It's over 80 years of history. Unless you read everything, it's not gonna matter if it's grounded and realistic or fantastical. It's gonna be a lot to make sense out of. It takes years of reading the material. The movies if they continue on for decades like comics will be that way as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.