Page 107 of 774 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

I think Infinity War will look better in hindsight now that we actually got a fully-developed relationship for Wanda and Vision, which the movies never had time to show.

A lot of people said they didn't understand why they were supposed to care about Vision and Wanda in Infinity War, and they were basically right, because the movies just told us they were in love, they didn't show it. Now they've shown it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree. They should have done WandaVision BEFORE Infinity War. That way when Vision dies, it'll be more impactful and original. Instead we got another Steve Trevor situation again.
    If it show took place prior to infinity war, the major theme of Wanda living in denial of her grief would be lost, and that's like the most emotionally impactful part of the show. I'd say the concept is being handled much better than WW84, because unlike Steve, Vision is given proper focus and a character arc of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Darkhold changes each time it appears in shows so far. So I don't think we can count on it's look. The formations on it look kind of like four lower case ds. Which the comics version had one lower case d on it when all the parchment was eventually put together as a book.
    Nah...the Darkhold has a pretty consistent look to it.

--------------------

https://nerdist.com/article/wandavis...-kathryn-hahn/

I know that it shifts between the lower or higher case D or full on spelling of "Darkhold". Still the book we see in the show, in Agatha basement does not have a D, nor does the shapes on the front look like a lower case D. So unless Marvel Studios went with a totally different design. I doubt it's the big bad DH though it might have connection to it.

I agree. They should have done WandaVision BEFORE Infinity War. That way when Vision dies, it'll be more impactful and original. Instead we got another Steve Trevor situation again.
    Wandavision being done before Infinity War doesn't really make sense, and the way Vision dies was already impactful and original. This show just adds on to those feelings. In regards to what's been lost for Wanda, the Steve Trevor wishing rock thing has barely any relation to this. Outside of Vision being brought back, the motives are the difference between direct action and indirect action or narrative. There was no real legitimate sense of loss in WW84. Despite how WW acted those feelings weren't given enough raw emotionally weight. Especially with how much time has passed between movies, regardless of the story in 84 telling us that WW was still in grief. It didn't translate well.

While for Wanda after being un-snapped with time stopping for her, that connection is far more raw and we see her act out of emotional distress. And with her despair ever mounting it's a bang, bang situation for Wanda and a very dead Vision at this point. Plus it's not like their relationship has gone untouched before IW or WV. I think once ppl put that into full context the show's merit and thematic origin shoud be obivous.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-23-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Nah...the Darkhold has a pretty consistent look to it.

--------------------

https://nerdist.com/article/wandavis...-kathryn-hahn/

I know that it shifts between the lower or higher case D or full on spelling of "Darkhold". Still the book we see in the show, in Agatha basement does not have a D, nor does the shapes on the front look like a lower case D. So unless Marvel Studios went with a totally different design. I doubt it's the big bad DH though it might have connection to it.

Wandavision being done before Infinity War doesn't really make sense, and the way Vision dies was already impactful and original. This show just adds on to those feelings. In regards to what's been lost for Wanda, the Steve Trevor wishing rock thing has barely any relation to this. Outside of Vision being brought back, the motives are the difference between direct action and indirect action or narrative. There was no real legitimate sense of loss in WW84. Despite how WW acted those feelings weren't given enough raw emotionally weight. Especially with how much time has passed between movies, regardless of the story in 84 telling us that WW was still in grief. It didn't translate well.

While for Wanda after being un-snapped with time stopping for her, that connection is far more raw and we see her act out of emotional distress. And with her despair ever mounting it's a bang, bang situation for Wanda and a very dead Vision at this point. Plus it's not like their relationship has gone untouched before IW or WV. I think once ppl put that into full context the show's merit and thematic origin shoud be obivous.
    I remembered it differently in Runaways. Sorry. But still this is a different universe completely. So we just don't know. It doesn't look like the other books it could be either.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-23-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Calling it now that Scarlet Witch creates Mutants. Book it you heard it here first
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Calling it now that Scarlet Witch creates Mutants. Book it you heard it here first
    Don't think she creates them. Nor should she. But think the x-gene will appear as created by the Celestials in Eternals.

The show is plenty impactful and heroes sacrificing themselves is very common. Not just limited to the Steves. We don't even know if Vision is sacrificing himself.
    Isn't dying like five times getting a bit redundant? He's literally turning into the MCU's version of Wonder Man!!!

Isn't dying like five times getting a bit redundant? He's literally turning into the MCU's version of Wonder Man!!!
    He hasn't died five times. He died once. And is re-animated either with Agatha's or Wanda's powers. He's likely not even really alive.

He hasn't died five times. He died once. And is re-animated either with Agatha's or Wanda's powers. He's likely not even really alive.
    I was just kidding and exaggerating. Hasn't Vision died at least three times already? He's stealing Loki's shtick.

I was just kidding and exaggerating. Hasn't Vision died at least three times already? He's stealing Loki's shtick.
    No, he died once. When Thanos killed him. Everything else is up in the air until we find out how he's back around now.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think she will find out there´s a group of superpowered people who will be called mutants. Maybe this is why Peter Maximoff presence is neccesary, because if he´s an AU Pietro who came from the multiverse, Wanda will wonder if maybe there´s a similar group of people in her own universe. Nick Fury may already be aware of this imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

A series where she's just found out that her friend is an actual witch, where they're setting her up to get the title Scarlet Witch, and probably make her powers officially magical, would be a weird place to introduce mutants.

I understand why people associate Wanda with mutants, for good (because she was one for most of her history, and IMO should still be one) and evil ("No more you-know-whats"). But I think Feige showed his hand all those years ago when he was told he could only use Wanda and Pietro if they weren't mutants or Magneto's children, and he used them anyway.

Even if "Pietro" turns out to be the guy from the Fox universe, that would just emphasize that this version of Wanda is not a mutant or Magneto's daughter, because in her universe, Magneto doesn't exist and the concept of mutants may not exist yet.

No, he died once. When Thanos killed him. Everything else is up in the air until we find out how he's back around now.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's amazing how gods and androids can be killed so easily in this universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    If it show took place prior to infinity war, the major theme of Wanda living in denial of her grief would be lost, and that's like the most emotionally impactful part of the show. I'd say the concept is being handled much better than WW84, because unlike Steve, Vision is given proper focus and a character arc of his own.
    Now that you put that way, I agree with you. WandaVision is definitely more emotional than WW84. I consider WW84 to be a cheesy Hallmark movie masquerading as a superhero flick. And Vision is being portrayed much better than Trevor (even though I do think he's just as clueless as Steve a lot of the time). To ME, the most romantic moment of the show is how Vision and Wanda reacted to her sudden pregnancy. I definitely remember her asking "Vision, is this really happening?" and he responded "Yes, Wanda, it's really happening." For some reason WW84 didn't have those kinds of those moments. Weird. Diana and Steve are a much more iconic couple than Wanda and Vision.

New WandaVision still

She's probably telling her: Yes gurl, i met your mother and she was a great Witch lol