Page 117 of 774 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Then how did Pietro get his powers?
    He was a figment of her imagination from the start. JK The fact that not everyone can survive an Infinity Stone experience, but they not only survived, but got powers from it, kinda, we don't know, is a mystery they could answer.

Ultimate Member

If they didn't care about Pietro, they wouldn't have brought in Evan Peters.
    That was done as a mindscrew for us

I would not be so fast to celebrate the establishment of "Scarlet Witch" as title and power set, it may not be long until the usual hack-writers will find a way to pass it around and soon we will have a Scarlet Witch with no Wanda attached to it, I really hope I'm wrong on this.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

They are going with the Wanda is blessed with chaos magic from birth thing. Not mutant powers. They never mention genetics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I would not be so fast to celebrate the establishment of "Scarlet Witch" as title and power set, it may not be long until the usual hack-writers will find a way to pass it around and soon we will have a Scarlet Witch with no Wanda attached to it, I really hope I'm wrong on this.
    I don't see how so. They didn't say it was her name. Just that she is a Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are going with the Wanda is blessed with chaos magic from birth thing. Not mutant powers. They never mention genetics.
    If you were expecting them to map her genome it was never going to happen, all they told us is that there was something special with her an pietro prior to the mind stone exposure
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

James Robinson's solo already made "Scarlet Witch" a legacy title -- true, it was a family title, but they could easily have passed the torch and the powers to Billy, or even Tommy, or just someone from outside the family.

If they want to kill off Wanda and make someone else the Scarlet Witch they'll do it, show or no show. It's not like the show has changed the way she's used in the comics at all.

If you were expecting them to map her genome it was never going to happen, all they told us is that there was something special with her an pietro prior to the mind stone exposure
    And Agatha said what that was... chaos magic.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And Agatha said what that was... chaos magic.
    That’s just the kind of magic her genetic gifts allows her to use, pietro turned into a speedster instead

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    James Robinson's solo already made "Scarlet Witch" a legacy title -- true, it was a family title, but they could easily have passed the torch and the powers to Billy, or even Tommy, or just someone from outside the family.

If they want to kill off Wanda and make someone else the Scarlet Witch they'll do it, show or no show. It's not like the show has changed the way she's used in the comics at all.
    I think with Wandavision being a hit and the Scarlet Witch being revealed to be a legendary title to the general public, it wouldn't surprise me if a writer who liked her aesthetic and chaos magic but not Wanda herself would rip away her look and powers and give them to someone else like Wolverine.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

"Shes a magical gal in a small town locale"
    - I wonder if she's a mutant?"
    "I'm going to magic you into a pickled herring"
    - I don't know if what Wanda's magic or just a mutant
    - spoilers:
    "It's Chaos Magic and you are literally a witch, and I am also a witch with visually similar powers"
    end of spoilers
    - I really don't know what the source of Wanda's powers are

That’s just the kind of magic her genetic gifts allows her to use, pietro turned into a speedster instead
    It's literally the power she wields and they don't seem to have ever cared about Pietro. They killed him off immediately and left his body in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    - spoilers:
    "It's Chaos Magic and you are literally a witch, and I am also a witch with visually similar powers"
    end of spoilers
    None of that says she can't be both.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

spoilers:
    Have to appreciate after years of "it's chaos magic/it's not chaos magic", we have MCU!Agatha clearly state, "it's Chaos Magic, Wanda!"

If nothing else, I suspect THAT piece will be permanently added to the comics.
    end of spoilers
    Bendis watching that ending like:

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    - spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This. The show is pretty straightforward with this. They gave us an answer. Some people just don't like it because they wanted it to be something else. They could always retcon it later on and say she's a mutant, but I don't think WandaVision specifically was written with that in mind. The show was actually being developed going back as far as 2018, BEFORE the Disney/FOX merger was done and Marvel wasn't really sure how or if they could introduce the mutants in the MCU at all. Kevin Feige even revealed recently that the decision to add Evan Peters to the cast was done in the early development process of the show, so it's entirely possible he was never there to be the mutant Quicksilver people wanted him to be either.

You guys are going to be eating your words when MCU magneto is introduced and legally adopts Wanda.