Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just don't know why some of y'all are fighting so hard for Miss Thang to continue the rest of her days as a D list Avenger who only shows up in big events to shoot red wiggly woos in side blurry panels before disappearing back into limbo, when the X-Side could revive Wanda's whole character (literally) within the next 5 months. Y'all should be more openminded smoke some weed.
    It would take a hero dose of liberty caps for me to believe that Wanda being fridged for Magneto’s man pain after years of being portrayed as villain and the willing instigator of a genocide is any sign that the X-Men writers can elevate Wanda in any way. As it is, the weed just makes me groan at stories like Empyre instead of setting it on fire with my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Off the top of my head, here are my thoughts for Wanda's future.

What roles has Wanda done before? A team member, team leader, wife and mother, teacher and mentor. What basic role hasn't she done yet, and how would she slide into it?

In whatever series she will be, her use of magic should not always be front and center. Obviously it's her most defining aspect but it doesn't have to be in play in each and every issue. Wanda's had limited hand-to-hand combat and hasn't really needed to do so, but I would like to see that again.

In what would look like a move to pass her off from the mutants to other races, Wanda would do well to interact with Inhumans (with whom she's had experience thanks to Pietro and Crystal), Eternals, Deviants, Atlanteans, and perhaps even a race of synthezoids!

Wanda's chaos magic would be interesting to see interact with something you'd least expect, like technology, specifically steampunk technology. From my exposure to the different D&D settings magic is used very differently in different worlds; one world has magic fueling everyday objects from mass transportation to household chores to the point where it no longer seems out of the ordinary and is mainstream.
    I’m going to chime in and add leading a Justice League Dark like book for Wanda’s future. It would be great if they could explore the Witch’s Road more.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-25-2021 at 02:30 PM.