Page 320 of 774 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Amora should be her rival again and even be her Rival in the MCU, that Be EPIC and to Finally help bring Amora into the MCU that has been criminal that she is not apart of the MCU yet!

I keep wanting Jean and Wanda to have more interactions with each other in the comics, the similiarities between the 2 is stricking and they be very intersting for a good writer to writing what they say to each other and get along!
    Indeed, CJ. While early Wanda confused and held off the more powerful Amora, a battle today would be insane to see! I would just love it! Wanda would be on a much more equal power level.

Jean and Wanda do have a lot in common, besides the obvious physical looks and movement of objects. I think they would make great friends for each other. I would love to see them out for lunch laughing about their early days as "foes".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The twins not being mutants was also brought up in the early avengers books (Avengers Vol 1 #30)when Wanda wonders if she is actually a mutant given her powers seemed to be weakening since she was faraway from her homeland. It was the reason they left the team after ther the Kooky Quartet.

True, but this mentioning of being a Mutant, was because both Twins powers were weakening. Not sure why they did this or what was the point of getting rid of the twins for a number of issues. I never liked the needing to go back to their Balkan homelands in order to restore their power. It never made sense to me. A true Mutant's power does not wane for external reasons like moving to a different land.

But just returning to their homeland was not the only thing that restored their powers. An elderly scientist used Diarthrythmic Treatments which seemed to increase the Twins powers beyond what they were previously. Wanda's increase was evident right from her return to the Avengers. While both Twins mentioned Pietro was faster, a few issues after returning to the Avengers, Pietro's increased speed would be evident in that he could then Fly! (at least for short distances by vibrating his feet).

We will get all of this Wanda-Wonderful Review by CJ in the future and we will see all of these pieces in detail.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-04-2021 at 07:57 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True, but this mentioning of being a Mutant, was because both Twins powers were weakening. Not sure why they did this or what was the point of getting rid of the twins for a number of issues. I never liked the needing to go back to their Balkan homelands in order to restore their power. It never made sense to me. A true Mutant's power does not wane for external reasons like moving to a different land.

But just returning to their homeland was not the only thing that restored their powers. An elderly scientist used Diarthrythmic Treatments which seemed to increase the Twins powers beyond what they were previously. Wanda's increase was evident right from her return to the Avengers. While both Twins mentioned Pietro was faster, a few issues after returning to the Avengers, Pietro's increased speed would be evident in that he could then Fly! (at least for short distances by vibrating his feet).

We will get all of this Wanda-Wonderful Review by CJ in the future and we will see all of these pieces in detail.
    True, interestingly the idea that they needed to go back to their homeland to recharge is very similar to Captain Britain. As for making the twins leave, well Hank and Jan had rejoined and Stan and Don must have wanted to give them some more focus, so put the twins off for a while until Hank and Jan had settled.

Heroes Reborn #1 comes out tomorrow, where we get Silver Witch. There is also a preview for the upcoming Heroes Reborn: Siege Society:
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-zemo-her...ty-first-look/

Indeed, CJ. While early Wanda confused and held off the more powerful Amora, a battle today would be insane to see! I would just love it! Wanda would be on a much more equal power level.

Jean and Wanda do have a lot in common, besides the obvious physical looks and movement of objects. I think they would make great friends for each other. I would love to see them out for lunch laughing about their early days as "foes".
    For me is hard to think that Jean Grey and Wanda interacted so little, when they have so similar arcs

Default The Maximoff Multiverse 1 - The Leaving

Inspired by CJ's awesome retrospective, I decided to also check out some of Wanda's alternate versions and this story was so touching I had to talk about it. So welcome to the Maximoff Multiverse, a completely irregular series where I'll look at some of Wanda's alternate versions. First off...

The Leaving
    What If Vol 1 #38 (1983)
    David Michelinie and Paty Cockrum

What If? is of course the classic Marvel comic series where various questions are answered by the Watcher showing us alternate versions of various events. What If Vol 1 #38 is unusually as it is anthology of tales, the others two being a Captain America and a Daredevil story; which does specifically link to a particular event but rather has stories focusing on the character's in the future when they are old(er).

The Leaving is set in the year 2032 A.D. where the Avengers; Thor, Jocasta, Iron Man (Michael Rhodes) and Sunturion along with the Vision (who was asked to aid the Avengers) have returned from a mission; While his fellow Avengers congratulate him for his aid; the Vision is more pre-occupied. He wants to check on his wife. (It should be noted, I have edited the images otherwise given the size of the story, I would risk printing the whole thing. Also I want to keep this in the one post.)

Despite suffering from a terminal disease, Wanda's wit and mind haven't left her (Her nurse by the way is Cassandra Lang), but Thor as Dr. Donald Blake (which he has managed to keep secret all this time!) warns Wanda that she's over-exerting herself. Wanda however wants to go for a walk (or in her case a hover) with her husband, instead of being cooked up in bed.. The two go on a trip in through memory lane, which includes mentioning the Beast losing his fur and Pietro dying in a final clash against Magneto. There is also mention of a brief period of separation, which both regret. There is also an interesting talk between the Avengers about not only how well Wanda is taking her condition but especially for Michael (Rhodey's son) the whole nature of mortality, especially as he is the only mortal on the team.

The couple arrive in the Garden of the Mansion (which, was a favourite of their's) where Vision reveals his plans to effective kill himself when Wanda dies. Naturally this horrifies Wanda; (Which also can't help her condition) and she begs the Vision to reconsider. It is a shocking moment and Wanda's gift to the Vision is very touching. However; they don't know that Jocasta is listening. Sadly the happy reunion doesn't last and that night; Wanda's condition deteriorates further, with Dr. Blake stating that Wanda wouldn't make it through the night. The Avengers leave to allow Vision be alone with Wanda in her last moments.

This is a really touching moment were the Vision has a very private one-sided conversation with his wife and it was a no-brainer that this should be the final image I chose. However the scene is interrupted by Jocasta who tells the Vision that Dr. Blake may have found a way to help Wanda but he needs the Vision to confirm some details.. While the Vision is hesitant to leave Wanda's side; the chance to help her is too great. However, Jocasta has tricked him and taken Wanda to a lab below the Mansion. The Vision and the rest of the Avengers arrive to discover that Jocasta has transferred Wanda's mind into her body and Visa Versa. Allowing Jocasta to briefly experience being human and allowing Wanda to live and love forever. Wanda later gives a moving (if cliché) tribute at Jocasta's funeral, now adding her old cape to her new body.

This is a really beautiful story and it is surprising Michelinie didn't write more of the couple. It's very touching and a lovely way for Wanda and Vision's relationship to end and yet be reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    True, interestingly the idea that they needed to go back to their homeland to recharge is very similar to Captain Britain. As for making the twins leave, well Hank and Jan had rejoined and Stan and Don must have wanted to give them some more focus, so put the twins off for a while until Hank and Jan had settled.
    Ah, good point. I never thought of that, lol, I always thought it had to do with Wanda and Pietro since Hank and Jan were not new characters and we were only talking about 6 characters in total. Also, I really liked when all of them were on the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Heroes Reborn #1 comes out tomorrow, where we get Silver Witch. There is also a preview for the upcoming Heroes Reborn: Siege Society:
    Yeah, I want to see what she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    For me is hard to think that Jean Grey and Wanda interacted so little, when they have so similar arcs
    I know, right?

The early X-Men were insulated in their own "mutant-affairs world" that they rarely interacted with the other characters. The X-Men were at Jan's Wedding, but alas, Pietro and Wanda were not!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I thought she was a villain in this universe, but she ends up working for Zemo?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's not quite clear from the Rolling Stone article, which says this: "Marvel actually struck a deal with Benedict Cumberbatch to appear as Dr. Strange in the final episode of WandaVision, but wrote him out late in the process. (Originally, the in-universe commercials were intended as messages from Strange to Wanda.)"

That makes it sound like they were into filming, or at least finalizing the scripts, before they changed it.
    And even if it was a scrapped idea, the show never actually explained what the commercials were about ultimately. Any future writer could reutilize this idea and say that Strange was trying to contact Wanda while the whole thing in Westview was going on. I would actually like that, 'cause at least it explains that he was aware of a huge magical event happening in a nearby city with an ancient Salem witch and someone with powers stronger than him who's ''destined to destroy the world'', which is kind of a big deal and something you would expect the Sorcerer Supreme to know about. I wonder how much of WandaVision they will reference in Multiverse Of Madness.

Ah, good point. I never thought of that, lol, I always thought it had to do with Wanda and Pietro since Hank and Jan were not new characters and we were only talking about 6 characters in total. Also, I really liked when all of them were on the team!
    It seems like they were just juicing up a possible mystery, but in retrospect, it possibly makes sense. This story too, takes place rather near the early appearances of the High Evolutionary (from Thor, right?). Without realizing it or? they may have been going for something connective, didn't happen till later.

But in retrospect this plays more to the idea that they 're not true mutants.
    Myself, I've decided that H.E. wanted to make his own mutants. They are 'artificial' mutants.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I don't play the game but she looks pretty

Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-04-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It seems like they were just juicing up a possible mystery, but in retrospect, it possibly makes sense. This story too, takes place rather near the early appearances of the High Evolutionary (from Thor, right?). Without realizing it or? they may have been going for something connective, didn't happen till later.

But in retrospect this plays more to the idea that they 're not true mutants.
    Myself, I've decided that H.E. wanted to make his own mutants. They are 'artificial' mutants.
    Yes, this is another good point.

They might have been going to connect to High Evolutionary since right from the beginning he was in the Balkans. HE made his "new men" which were animals with humanistic traits, but I do not think they were really mixed with humans.

Too far a thought at that time for writers to also consider HE just experimenting on 2 humans.

But HE did do that later----on Mutants---the New Mutants, if I am not mistaken. I believe he altered and augmented Dani's power.

Yes, this is another good point.

They might have been going to connect to High Evolutionary since right from the beginning he was in the Balkans. HE made his "new men" which were animals with humanistic traits, but I do not think they were really mixed with humans.

Too far a thought at that time for writers to also consider HE just experimenting on 2 humans.

But HE did do that later----on Mutants---the New Mutants, if I am not mistaken. I believe he altered and augmented Dani's power.
    Sometimes, however it happened, it was there all along. I didn't know about Dani and HE, that is interesting.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all