Page 314 of 774 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool 6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)! ~ PART 2!

6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)!
    PART 2!

We Catch-Up with The Twins Ariving in New York City to try and get to see the FF to seek their help in thier problem state.

Wanda and Peitro are tried to stopped by Guards but Our Wanda SLOWLY Raises her Hand, Turns it to a Fire Hose and Using her Hex Powers of 1 Full Hand Wraps the Guards up in the Hose like a Snake and frees them to head to the upper floors to get to the FF.

This showing the again the Varieties of Our Wanda's Powers! :-)

As the Panel Show we find out only 2 of the Amazing FF are present at their Home, the Human Torch and the Ever Loving Blued Eyed Thing!

Sadly However the Reputations of the Brotherhood are well known even the FF and the Rep of Pietro as being the 1st the 2 FF memebers see as a threat and launch into action right away!

Our Wanda Come just seconds later to see the Battle, not knowing what is going on, she is concerned such a battle is happening but she will never let anyone hurt her brother no matter what the reasons!

Wanda is a Caring Sister threw Thick~N~Thin! :-)

Our Wanda is Shown to have the Power to Save her Own brother from the Punch of the Mighty Ben Grimm, she as strong enough to save him from that punch with her Hex, AMAZING!

But sadly the punch misses into a computer panel and it gets knocked over hitting our Wanda in the Head, she does not have enought time to Dodge it. :-(

This makes Pietro Rush over to Comfort his sister in a Very Caring and Warm Moment, it melted my heart with How Much the Twins care for one another, in a real way at this time they are all they have and are the only ones they can truly trust, each other.

Showing that FF would not stoop to a low of hitting a man behind his back, Storm and Grimm wait until Peitro ends helping comforting his sister until they start their fight again.

This Makes Pietro Mad a HELL!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile 6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)! ~ PART 3!

6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)!
    PART 3!

The Battle Rages on more hot and heavy then ever, but Pietro's Luck runs out when he gets caught in the Human Torches Cage of Fire!

This Intense Heat However Revives Our Scarlet Magical Lady just in time!

Wanda Says so Outloud that not Even the Might Thing can Defy her Hex Power and She Proves that RIGHT with even in her early career she is a Force! =)

Wanda's Desire to Save her Brother is SO GREAT and Her Hex is SO POWERFUL it Starts a GALE FORCED STORM to End the Fight and put out the flame cage!!! =O

Wanda Showed just what she is able to do if the desire and means is Right!

Sadly this whole mis-understanding leads the twins to feel they cannot trust for now any humans and must go back to Magneto where for now they feel safe(But this will only last for 1 more issue Thank Goodness that they are with Magneto!).

This was a Fun Issue that had characters that are not normally in interactions with each other have a Classic Silver Age meeting and throw-down that compliments both sides of the fight!

Sadly is was a mis-understanding and we lost the ablity for the twins to make new friends here and maybe end thier time with Magento here and now and Maybe even have started a career with the FF, who Knows?!

For All My Fellow Wanda Faithful I hope you enjoyed this issue as much as I did writing it out!

I leave you with a Unique Pin-Up from this Very Issue showing the Classics that came with the Silver Age Books, Keep the Faith Wanda Faithful and Until the Next Retro on our Wanda! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thanks jmc247 Wanda Guest Starring in
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

A nice Review, CJ!

This issue is so important for the few reasons I point out below:

I love the cover on here because it showed Wanda's Hex Power as an energy beam coming from both hands and around her image. Very different. It would have made for a good corner box image if shrunk down. It also gives us the "Out-of-Avengers" 2 hands and 1 arm hexes!

Powerful Hexes indeed in this issue, especially the one conjuring up a storm! This is also a point I have stated before....some of Wanda's Hexes have been very powerful and outside the standard gun barrel not shooting or someone tripping, although we did see the tripping with Pietro this very issue too!

AND....as I have often said....Wanda DID have control of her Hexes sometimes even Very Very early on, at least occassionally....as exampled here with the firehose. It was not so much a hand gesture as it was a mental effort. Even when she moved her hand, the firehose was inert. After she starred at it, mentally concentrating on it, then it moved.

Another point is that while Witchcraft is mentioned here, which is very early on in Wanda's history, we can see that she is not ready to learn any Witchcraft from how she says the word about being accused by the villagers. But the seeds have been planted.........

I love seeing the care and respect the Twins have for each other. They also respect others, like the FF here and think that they can give them guidance at this time when they need help. Unfortunately, they themselves, like the FF think that being a Mutant, almost makes them an alien, with thoughts, feelings and problems different than anyone else who is not a mutant, but that is really untrue. The source of their power----being a mutant----does not make them different as a person from the FF, Avengers or anyone else. We will see this soon when they join the Avengers.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-29-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Another great retrospective CJ!
    Not a story I was familiar with and it is interesting to see how things would have worked out differently if level heads had prevailed, but it was doomed to fail given the twins were villains and part of a terrorist group back then. Some really good use of Wanda's powers and using the unpredictability of her powers, especially with the storm, normally you would just expect the sprinkler system to go off. Also the love and care the twins have is very touching.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

It looks like AoU Wanda, could it be a variant for something ?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks jmc247 Wanda Guest Starring in

Seems Pretty Cool, might be an MCU comic book or a Variant Cover by the way Wanda looks with her AoU Look!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Magik and Scarlet Witchery from Miguel Mercado with a variant for STRANGE ACADEMY 11 for Unknown Comics

EPICLY MAGNIFICENT, This is Why I LOVE Magical Ladies, they look and are SO COOL and SO AWESOME!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Another great retrospective CJ!
    Not a story I was familiar with and it is interesting to see how things would have worked out differently if level heads had prevailed, but it was doomed to fail given the twins were villains and part of a terrorist group back then. Some really good use of Wanda's powers and using the unpredictability of her powers, especially with the storm, normally you would just expect the sprinkler system to go off. Also the love and care the twins have is very touching.
    Very Much Indeed Leokearon, This is one of the Reasons I have been Loving doing this RetroSpective Historical Documenting and Teaching of ALL of Wanda's Comic Apperances in Chronological Order! It allows us All to see and experiance comics we NEVER knew before or likely forgot Our Wanda Was in and How much of lost Diamond Treasure they where for her indeed!

They start to paint the FULL picture of who Wanda is, her history, her leveling, her experiances, her growth and her adventures with unique people and place we nearly forgot and never knew!

It is said that Wanda and Peitro where just held captive made to me hostage brotherhood member that caused that mis-understaning and fight. If not so, who would have known the weird and different history The Twins would have taken if they come to an agreement or even friendship of beginning help from Johnny and Ben!?

Wanda and Pietro of the Fantastic Four?!

What could have been indeed.

The Use of Wanda Powers was indeed her Greatest and most odd use yet and showed just what she was really capable of when pushed to her greatest desires to save those she loved!

The Storm was Amazing and blew my mind realizing she could do that, Maybe an Early Stage of her Reality and/or Chaos Magic showing?! I know it is all connected with her hex, but still her powers are indeed an X-Factor that has always amazed me and made Wanda one of the most Fresh and unknowning powerhouses in Media!

Very Much Glad you liked this one too Leokearon, Means so Much to Know the work that goes into it get Appriated, it is allot of Work to do these.

WandaVision skins in Marvel Future Fight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It is said that Wanda and Peitro where just held captive made to me hostage brotherhood member that caused that mis-understaning and fight. If not so, who would have known the weird and different history The Twins would have taken if they come to an agreement or even friendship of beginning help from Johnny and Ben!?

Wanda and Pietro of the Fantastic Four?!
    It's too bad that no one ever bothered to ask Stan Lee what he and Jack Kirby were thinking of doing with Wanda and Pietro. Introducing "villains" who weren't actually villains was unusual.

Personally I think he and his team always intended Wanda, Pietro and Hawkeye (and maybe even Natasha) to be heroes, but they were testing them out by having them fight the established heroes, just like they tested out Captain America by having a Captain America impostor fight Johnny in that same comic. If the readers liked them, they would cross over and become heroes. Maybe they would replace one or two of the X-Men if readers got tired of that team, or maybe they would get their own feature.

We all know what happened in the end, of course. Wanda, Pietro and Hawkeye all replaced the Avengers. But no one ever seems to have asked Stan or Jack why that happened.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    A nice Review, CJ!

This issue is so important for the few reasons I point out below:

I love the cover on here because it showed Wanda's Hex Power as an energy beam coming from both hands and around her image. Very different. It would have made for a good corner box image if shrunk down. It also gives us the "Out-of-Avengers" 2 hands and 1 arm hexes!

Powerful Hexes indeed in this issue, especially the one conjuring up a storm! This is also a point I have stated before....some of Wanda's Hexes have been very powerful and outside the standard gun barrel not shooting or someone tripping, although we did see the tripping with Pietro this very issue too!
    Indeed Thank You Phoenixx9, Means allot Your Review and that You Liked this Recent Retrospective!

We Can tell allot more the engergy power look coming from Wanda's Hex's the most we ever have seen and IMO this shows that Any book the FF was in was treated as the Golden Standard of its time so the best artwork from anyone at that time would bring it to their books!

That let our Wanda shine so Greaty and so powerful as you so well put it, it blew my mind how powerful she was in this issue!

AND....as I have often said....Wanda DID have control of her Hexes sometimes even Very Very early on, at least occassionally....as exampled here with the firehose. It was not so much a hand gesture as it was a mental effort. Even when she moved her hand, the firehose was inert. After she starred at it, mentally concentrating on it, then it moved.
    Indeed that was an Amazing moment, I liked the fact their was a mental effort over the firehose before the full effects of Wanda's Hex and Hand wave was activated, it showed the depths of her powers and it is Pure-Wanda IMO! :-)

Another point is that while Witchcraft is mentioned here, which is very early on in Wanda's history, we can see that she is not ready to learn any Witchcraft from how she says the word about being accused by the villagers. But the seeds have been planted.........
    It is indeed a good easter egg, maybe one of Wanda's 1st in her history in telling us her origins and even how she come-up with her SuperHero Name!

I love seeing the care and respect the Twins have for each other. They also respect others, like the FF here and think that they can give them guidance at this time when they need help. Unfortunately, they themselves, like the FF think that being a Mutant, almost makes them an alien, with thoughts, feelings and problems different than anyone else who is not a mutant, but that is really untrue. The source of their power----being a mutant----does not make them different as a person from the FF, Avengers or anyone else. We will see this soon when they join the Avengers.
    The love and Care the Twins have for each other has always been great each issue, but This issue was the Best showing threw close bond caue all they have at this point in their lives is each other to truly trust. :-(

Indeed the conflicting life that early mutants had to suffer due to lack of experiance with how the world would see and react to them shows how difficult it was for Wanda and Pietro to truly get away from Magneto cause of how Scary the rest of the world and unknowning it was, heck they almost died cause of it before Magneto saved them!

We are close to the Twins Joining the Avengers and HISTORY Being Truly Made, Lets Get ALL Ready indeed for that Glorious Retrospective and Learning Phoenixx9!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's too bad that no one ever bothered to ask Stan Lee what he and Jack Kirby were thinking of doing with Wanda and Pietro. Introducing "villains" who weren't actually villains was unusual.

Personally I think he and his team always intended Wanda, Pietro and Hawkeye (and maybe even Natasha) to be heroes, but they were testing them out by having them fight the established heroes, just like they tested out Captain America by having a Captain America impostor fight Johnny in that same comic. If the readers liked them, they would cross over and become heroes. Maybe they would replace one or two of the X-Men if readers got tired of that team, or maybe they would get their own feature.

We all know what happened in the end, of course. Wanda, Pietro and Hawkeye all replaced the Avengers. But no one ever seems to have asked Stan or Jack why that happened.
    Very Well Put Gurkle, while we can never know what truly Stan and Jack where considering while they where creating these character's journies. It shows just how unique and dynamic of ideals and characters they where coming up with to truly stand out from any other story or comic at the time!

It made characters interesting in you never know where they will go or what truly bad and good really ment. It was indeed a mirror on the complex world we live in and how not all is black and white, good and evil down an easy to see line.

It was ALL about the characters and Jack and Stan did that SO well when reading this era of Comics!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision skins in Marvel Future Fight

That is SO COOOL Cruelrain, I got the Game so this will help me get back into it!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I know part of the reason was that with Spider-man; Stan and co, had created the reluctant hero and they wanted to try doing reluctant villains as well, to see what would happen.