Page 522 of 774 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they go in danger of the thing Hickman tried to clean up which was too many people were omega level mutants. Wanda doesn't really need to be to have good things involving her magic. I'd actually like to see her traditional magic explored more. Because the modern interpretation of her seems to be that she just comes by magic naturally and doesn't know much about magic itself. I also don't want her retconned again. And having her powers changed once again would be too much. The mutant identity was an easy one for them to remove because most of her powers do not come from being a mutant. Hence why she still had powers despite reducing the number of mutants. That and having the life force.

I see Magik as the Doctor Strange of mutants. And one of the people he looks upon frequently for help.
    Wanda doing traditional magic is boring, what makes her unique is that she doesn’t need to do traditional magic she chooses to because her mentor is a traditional witch. Marvel should explore Wanda’s Chaos Magic in depth, which I hope the Darkhold is a starting point for more. They never even explored the other witches with colors in their title and why each magic was color coordinated and the origins like the first generation of witches who took a title with a color. Just retcon in it and let it be the last time they do it cause like others said the retcons after the parental reveal where for marketing/ownership reasons.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 07-26-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I always thought that, since the probability hexes were her original power, it would make more sense if that was considered a form of reality warping (...which Bendis did say, god forgive me for agreeing) and her original mutant power. And Chthon and the chaos magic would basically work in the same way, as in connecting her to mystical forces and greatly enhancing her power overall. I just don't really like the idea of her original mutant power being "energy manipulation". Though I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter since the idea was that Chthon's mark basically changed her powers towards magic rather than that and her mutation existing as two separate powersets.
    I agree with this in a sense. I think wanda's mutant abilities allow her to hex magic thereby assuming control over it and it's proabilities. Thus reality warping: magic manipulation. She can change the very principle of magic itself with her hexes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda doing traditional magic is boring, what makes her unique is that she doesn’t need to do traditional magic she chooses to because her mentor is a traditional witch. Marvel should explore Wanda’s Chaos Magic in depth, which I hope the Darkhold is a starting point for more. They never even explored the other witches with colors in their title and why each magic was color coordinated and the origins like the first generation of witches who took a title with a color. Just retcon in it and let it be the last time they do it cause like others said the retcons after the parental reveal where for marketing/ownership reasons.
    It might be boring to you (not sure how you got into the character then) but it's not to me. And it's factually not true that she does not need traditional magic. Since that was brought in to control her Chthonic magic. I like her link to Chthon and want it explored more, but I like magic tales too. And people becoming familiar with that side of her doesn't hurt her. That was the whole reason I wanted it touched on is the modern misconception that it comes naturally to her and that she's not adept.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with this in a sense. I think wanda's mutant abilities allow her to hex magic thereby assuming control over it and it's proabilities. Thus reality warping: magic manipulation. She can change the very principle of magic itself with her hexes.
    Yeah I would like if she was included on the list of Omega mutants as "Reality Manipulation (Magical)". The fact that reality manipulation was included multiple times with a different type each makes it perfect for her to join. I would say Billy too, but going by Lorna and Rachel, Hickman doesn't like to include the children with the same powers as their parents lol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Even thought her solo was good imo it was such a waste that they didn't touch any of her Chthon lore, i think Chthon could work as a big bad for an event and of course i would like to see Wanda having a big role in his defeat
    While I would like to see another confrontation with Chthon down the road, I'd want to see her interact with the two Elder Gods she hasn't directly (to my knowledge) interacted with, Gaea and Oshtur. Sort of a Meet the Elder Gods kind of thing in her life, after wearing the Serpent Crown and being a Bride of Set.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It might be boring to you (not sure how you got into the character then) but it's not to me. And it's factually not true that she does not need traditional magic. Since that was brought in to control her Chthonic magic. I like her link to Chthon and want it explored more, but I like magic tales too. And people becoming familiar with that side of her doesn't hurt her. That was the whole reason I wanted it touched on is the modern misconception that it comes naturally to her and that she's not adept.
    Cause I loved how her hexes where spontaneous and the fact that they where amplified by a Elder god of chaos from the day she was born was thrilling. I like magic tales to but ones that diverge from traditional fundamentals of magic. Chthon’s magic is not one that is traditional as it’s never been practiced before. The Darkhold has been used before(ex: Morgan, Mordred, Atlantians I believe), but to have had that energy since birth and fused into your very being where your powers could cause calamity is exciting in my eyes. Also just because magic may come naturally it doesn’t mean your not adept at it. Learning the basics is crucial to go off the path and chart your own. Having ancient beings stare at Wanda in awe as what she is doing shouldn’t be possible even by Sorcere Supreme standards is what makes Wanda’s own unique magic worth exploring.

Cause I loved how her hexes where spontaneous and the fact that they where amplified by a Elder god of chaos from the day she was born was thrilling. I like magic tales to but ones that diverge from traditional fundamentals of magic. Chthon’s magic is not one that is traditional as it’s never been practiced before. The Darkhold has been used before(ex: Morgan, Mordred, Atlantians I believe), but to have had that energy since birth and fused into your very being where your powers could cause calamity is exciting in my eyes. Also just because magic may come naturally it doesn’t mean your not adept at it. Learning the basics is crucial to go off the path and chart your own. Having ancient beings stare at Wanda in awe as what she is doing shouldn’t be possible even by Sorcere Supreme standards is what makes Wanda’s own unique magic worth exploring.
    Chthon's magic has been practiced before and was used in Strange's book in the 90s.

People including writers have this idea that Wanda isn't adept. She's unpracticed because of just getting powers. Wanda already learned the basics. I'm not talking about her re-learning them.

Yeah I would like if she was included on the list of Omega mutants as "Reality Manipulation (Magical)". The fact that reality manipulation was included multiple times with a different type each makes it perfect for her to join. I would say Billy too, but going by Lorna and Rachel, Hickman doesn't like to include the children with the same powers as their parents lol.
    We are definitely on the same page. As soon as i saw like quantum, universal, i immediately thought magic and wanda. Her hexes would be so perfectly explained as how she manipulated the very essence of magic itself. Of course Chiton would fear her and try to minimize her and claim it as his own, anyone who was there or relies on the birth of magic would. Wanda needs to be the voice of the magic of Sol.

And your right about the children on the omega list thing but with Lorna i know i'm weird but if you think about it since her death in X-factor this is actually the first time lorna is operating with her original x-gene rather than what was reawakened with celestial technology. Rachel, i just never felt she would be omega on her own and that is why she is the perfect host for phoenix because unlike Jean that was a true equal or could surpass phoenix rachel and phoenix could meet at the perfect point of harmony on power scale and judgement.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Chthon's magic has been practiced before and was used in Strange's book in the 90s.

People including writers have this idea that Wanda isn't adept. She's unpracticed because of just getting powers. Wanda already learned the basics. I'm not talking about her re-learning them.
    I’m not saying she relearn I’m saying use what she already knows and branch out on a magic path that she creates. They did use Chthon’s magic but they had to use spells and phrases. Wanda doesn’t need to do that to use Chthon’s magic since it’s already apart of her very being she doesn’t need to verbally call to him when she there are times where all she used was her mind. I would like her to use spells and phrases for when she needs to go all out to make them more climatic. Other than that I respect your opinion as I always have and I love your passionate posts.

Some pics of the official MoM hat

Fantastic Member

I think of Oshtur as the Mother of Sorcerers, while Chthon is the Father of Witches. As Chthon created witches and witchcraft (which makes alot of sense as witchcraft tends to be portrayed as older and more primal than sorcery), there's a whole history with them, and Wanda kind of embodies their ancient struggle with him, to not be corrupted by him. Who were the first witches, and who were the first amongst them to defy him?

I’m not saying she relearn I’m saying use what she already knows and branch out on a magic path that she creates. They did use Chthon’s magic but they had to use spells and phrases. Wanda doesn’t need to do that to use Chthon’s magic since it’s already apart of her very being she doesn’t need to verbally call to him when she there are times where all she used was her mind. I would like her to use spells and phrases for when she needs to go all out to make them more climatic. Other than that I respect your opinion as I always have and I love your passionate posts.
    Same! I hope we both get some of the things we want. And more Wanda would never be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Some pics of the official MoM hat

I need this hat!

I need this hat!
    Yes, me too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Billy is a god if Wanda gets on & he doesn't the disrespect of it all.