Page 154 of 774 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly I couldn't agree more. WandaVision was the perfect chance for Marvel to redeem Wanda in the eyes of her non-fans and haters and they wrecked it by making her look like the villain and it depresses me to see all the new hatred Wanda has received due to what should have been her moment to shine. Marvel will say this is just the start of her story but it isn't, it's the continuation of Wanda screwing up and being screwed over by Marvel. They don't care about her, she's just a plot device, designed to make things worse. The fact that there is now a whole year for we see her again, doesn't help as it leaves her story without any resolution. Will DS2 make things better, I doubt it as Wanda wouldn't be the focus as it isn't her movie and they fact they screwed up Wanda so badly in her own show, by resorting to the Crazy overpowered woman trope, really doesn't inspire me with confidence.
    But that is the thing leokearon, I am Not Seeing this Hatred for Wanda outside of just some posters from CBR and honestly I have been trying to find it. If we are talking about JUST CBR, which I am not sure if you are or talking about other places, then I would not get worried just over some CBR commenting.

Like with the Video I showed above with Viewers on YouTube Cheering and Loveing Wanda, to Commments on Youtube being a Vast Majority Postives, to even Twitter I have found it being postive on Wanda. I honestly have Rarely Found Negative Haters or Comments about her looking bad most anywhere else I have looked.

My point is that why I get th worry many have, it is not matching with the reality I have seen all this weekend. Like I put it, even one of my Local Comic Store Owners that has seen and knows allot felt Wanda came off as a hero and looked good by the end of it.

I felt the story of Wanda's in this was Inspiring to show that many at times need help to be pulled back from the brink and when we get it and break free from our trauma and lose is when we see who we truly can be and what we are willing to sacrifice to make things right.

So Really I don't see much of anyone outside of debates on CBR that is saying Wanda is becoming a Villian or Marvel is aiming for that. Until I have more proff and with Theories in how they went with this show, I certainly don't think we should put much stock in Fan theories about that, I would not get worried to much yet.

The Showrunners kept it to Dealing With Trauma and how we heal from it and that is what saw out of this show and what I have been seeing from many watches of it being on the side of Wanda, Not blaming her for events out of her control, not seeing her as a lady with power not being in control just needed to face her Grief(FAR Better then how they had Thor and Hawkeye take their grief in Endgame) and how they try to take themselves more seriously now that they learn what this new power can do and learn from it.

So I Hope I am making sense to help you see this in New Lights and see we got more postive Views of Wanda out of this then we think we may be seeing, Their is allot of Good being given upon her out of this.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    But that is the thing leokearon, I am Not Seeing this Hatred for Wanda outside of just some posters from CBR and honestly I have been trying to find it. If we are talking about JUST CBR, which I am not sure if you are or talking about other places, then I would not get worried just over some CBR commenting.

Like with the Video I showed above with Viewers on YouTube Cheering and Loveing Wanda, to Commments on Youtube being a Vast Majority Postives, to even Twitter I have found it being postive on Wanda. I honestly have Rarely Found Negative Haters or Comments about her looking bad most anywhere else I have looked.

My point is that why I get th worry many have, it is not matching with the reality I have seen all this weekend. Like I put it, even one of my Local Comic Store Owners that has seen and knows allot felt Wanda came off as a hero and looked good by the end of it.

I felt the story of Wanda's in this was Inspiring to show that many at times need help to be pulled back from the brink and when we get it and break free from our trauma and lose is when we see who we truly can be and what we are willing to sacrifice to make things right.

So Really I don't see much of anyone outside of debates on CBR that is saying Wanda is becoming a Villian or Marvel is aiming for that. Until I have more proff and with Theories in how they went with this show, I certainly don't think we should put much stock in Fan theories about that, I would not get worried to much yet.

The Showrunners kept it to Dealing With Trauma and how we heal from it and that is what saw out of this show and what I have been seeing from many watches of it being on the side of Wanda, Not blaming her for events out of her control, not seeing her as a lady with power not being in control just needed to face her Grief(FAR Better then how they had Thor and Hawkeye take their grief in Endgame) and how they try to take themselves more seriously now that they learn what this new power can do and learn from it.

So I Hope I am making sense to help you see this in New Lights and see we got more postive Views of Wanda out of this then we think we may be seeing, Their is allot of Good being given upon her out of this.

Sadly I have seen hatred of Wanda outside of CBR, so sadly I am speaking from personal experience. While Wandavision has as its pros, it cannot be ignored that it could and should have been handled better. I'm tried of Wanda being portrayed as a crazy person who can't control her powers or being incompetent, but sadly that's all I am seeing from Marvel and co. So, personally I can't be postive and I can't see it changing

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

I can testify as well a total lack of hatred for Wanda here in Italy, the italian disney + facebook post for Wandavision finale had hundreds upon hundreds of comments cheering for Scarlet Witch and expressing love for the character, I wish you guys could have seen it, people here usually don’t really care about this kind of things but somehow both facebook and twitter were full of very emotional posts expressing empathy for Wanda, the twins and vision, I would dare to say that if anything Wanda’s troubles and portrayal in Wandavion made SW popularity skyrocket around here.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

There's always gonna be haters. Some people have been hating MCU Wanda since IW for not wanting to kill Vision to save the universe. Some have been hating her since CW for the incident at Lagos. Some have been hating her since AOU for joining Hydra/giving the Avengers nightmares/"unleashing Hulk"/hating Stark. Then there's the more "woke" people who hate on her and her fans because of the whitewashing and etc.

Either way, the show got the majority of its watchers to, not only be hyped about Wanda as the Scarlet Witch with her power and costume and Darkhold, but also empathize with her and wish her a happy ending. After episode 8 I saw nothing but people rooting for her, feeling bad for her, wishing she "got a hug", all of that. The people who are going ~what about the people of Westview~ are a small minority.

Extraordinary Member

Sadly I have seen hatred of Wanda outside of CBR, so sadly I am speaking from personal experience. While Wandavision has as its pros, it cannot be ignored that it could and should have been handled better. I'm tried of Wanda being portrayed as a crazy person who can't control her powers or being incompetent, but sadly that's all I am seeing from Marvel and co. So, personally I can't be postive and I can't see it changing
    Welp, that is kinda the norm really.
    Whether it's X-fans, MCU Tony Stark fans, or just more random haters, I wouldn't really use the number of haters as a metric for the show's success.
    But I do get the concern you have, I mean we all do to some extent, I don't really see WV Wanda as crazy though, maybe grieving too much, but not crazy really.
    And I really hope they subvert the "ohhhh she is reading Darkhold, she is going eviillll" expectation and show them she is a character capable of managing dangerous and powerful knowledge well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's always gonna be haters. Some people have been hating MCU Wanda since IW for not wanting to kill Vision to save the universe. Some have been hating her since CW for the incident at Lagos. Some have been hating her since AOU for joining Hydra/giving the Avengers nightmares/"unleashing Hulk"/hating Stark. Then there's the more "woke" people who hate on her and her fans because of the whitewashing and etc.

Either way, the show got the majority of its watchers to, not only be hyped about Wanda as the Scarlet Witch with her power and costume and Darkhold, but also empathize with her and wish her a happy ending. After episode 8 I saw nothing but people rooting for her, feeling bad for her, wishing she "got a hug", all of that. The people who are going ~what about the people of Westview~ are a small minority.
    I do wish they handle that part better though, I can really do without Wanda accidentally trying to strangle them and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I do wish they handle that part better though, I can really do without Wanda accidentally trying to strangle them and stuff like that.
    she was still in total denial mode for 5 second there, then she really started to register the truth and it hit her like a train, I imagine her flux of thoughts was something like this "wtf am I doing?", "this isn't me!", "this ends now!" and she proceeded to revoke the hex no matter the cost.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    she was still in total denial mode for 5 second there, then she really started to register the truth and it hit her like a train, I imagine her flux of thoughts was something like this "wtf am I doing?", "this isn't me!", "this ends now!" and she proceeded to revoke the hex no matter the cost.
    Yeah, but I just hope she show less aggression toward innocent people and all that.

Yeah, but I just hope she show less aggression toward innocent people and all that.
    you'r absolutely right, this needs to be a done deal.......a one event in a lifetime, if you will.

Lightbulb

you'r absolutely right, this needs to be a done deal.......a one event in a lifetime, if you will.
    Yea that’s the thing though, she truly did not have any malice or true feelings of any aggression towards people in the town, that was his explosion of grief finding out what happen after her awakening episode 8. Right after That she open the hex and let them go, so really the real Wanda we are seeing is the one to let them go after she found out what happened.

And I believe all the stories trying to tell us after she left the town was that she was so afraid her powers at that point that she was danger to both of them and those around her so until she understands the and can control these new powers she REALLY can’t help anyone, she needs to help herself 1st to control these powers then she can help others.

So she did a far away self isolation in a Bruce Banner type way and that is the smart thing to do until she becames the Witch she needs to be.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I can testify as well a total lack of hatred for Wanda here in Italy, the italian disney + facebook post for Wandavision finale had hundreds upon hundreds of comments cheering for Scarlet Witch and expressing love for the character, I wish you guys could have seen it, people here usually don’t really care about this kind of things but somehow both facebook and twitter were full of very emotional posts expressing empathy for Wanda, the twins and vision, I would dare to say that if anything Wanda’s troubles and portrayal in Wandavion made SW popularity skyrocket around here.
    Indeed Daedra thank you for stories and views like these, the more we can share these stories and world views the more support we can give to our Wanda and especially to each other!

You have more please share!

Despite or in spite of Wanda as the ultimate change agent with her powers, re/creating realities as it were, I've been fond of viewing our world in most aspects, from politics to comic books, as based on 'paradigmatic' thinking. Of the reality that most of the world falls into paradigms of various sorts.

We all live in the cultural, collective paradigm that is mostly based on the Western-White-Christo complexes. While many of us are breaking the mold, many of us are still in sway. So.

Male characters like Bucky, Wolverine or any others who have 'willfully' killed or killed period, under brainwashing, etc.

still get a better pass than Wanda, because they're male. Our world runs on the idea that 'female' is aberration. Women always have to pay the ultimate price for being women. Biblical curses on Eve bearing children in pain and sorrow.

Sure that - and a lot of other things I and we can say about this. Most of us may not get it, or think it matters, or it's them.

But we are all affected by the Christian Paradigm that informs the world.

"Every single woman has the devil inside" - INXS
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

She’s scarlet, purple is a mixture of blue and red, red is the color of chaos
    Oh I know that. I was just joking that her new costume looks slightly more purple in live-action than in the comic books.

Sadly I couldn't agree more. WandaVision was the perfect chance for Marvel to redeem Wanda in the eyes of her non-fans and haters and they wrecked it by making her look like the villain and it depresses me to see all the new hatred Wanda has received due to what should have been her moment to shine. Marvel will say this is just the start of her story but it isn't, it's the continuation of Wanda screwing up and being screwed over by Marvel. They don't care about her, she's just a plot device, designed to make things worse. The fact that there is now a whole year for we see her again, doesn't help as it leaves her story without any resolution. Will DS2 make things better, I doubt it as Wanda wouldn't be the focus as it isn't her movie and they fact they screwed up Wanda so badly in her own show, by resorting to the Crazy overpowered woman trope, really doesn't inspire me with confidence.
    Yep. Totally agree with you dude. WandaVision was the perfect vehicle to AVOID all the baggage from the comic books. But no, they had to make Wanda go on yet ANOTHER redemption arc in the MCU. I wouldn't say she was absolutely villainized, but it didn't paint in her in a positive light at all and makes me worry what kind of stuff she's gonna do in Doctor Strange 2. And I love it how in these threads that all of a sudden posters who want Wanda to at least make an effort to make amends for what happened in Westview are now called haters and non-fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh I know that. I was just joking that her new costume looks slightly more purple in live-action than in the comic books.
    Not gonna lie, I saw it called the burgundy witch costume somwhere.