Page 604 of 774 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 11598

Here's a better look at the Zombie Scarlet Witch Funko Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I need it! God, I'm just gonna have a wall of Funkos and I don't care!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I will be buying too!, i really liked Wanda in this

Fan art by greghops

Liz Olsen wrapped on reshoots for Strange 2 https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2...raps-reshoots/

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I generally agree with you, but since when have any of these interactions been about female empowerment? Having two female heroes interact without discussing the male heroes would be empowering, right?
    Jane and Darcy being graduate student and intern before Thor arrived, Jan and Hope’s mother daughter relationship, and Gamora and Nebula’s sisterhood is about the core of female relationships in the MCU. None of them are casual friendships, and two of them are familial. It isn’t until Captain Marvel, with Carol and Maria do you finally see two women who are colleagues as well as hanging out. They aren’t related, there is no common male friend or relation, and there is never a romantic interest to take up dialogue between them. Even Carol’s relationship with Mar-Vell is a mentor who dies to helps Carol to gain confidence in herself as a empowerment rather than exploring a friendship between them. You then jump to the scene in Endgame, with Carol surrounded by the cavalry made up of Wanda, Valkyrie, and Okoye, who have never interacted before and haven’t since. It emphasizes how little has been paid to female relationships, compared to building up the Tony/Steve friendship, or the Tony/Steve/Thor triumvirate over the course of a decade.

I have to say, two female characters not just talking about the male hero should be bare minimum. And sadly, bare minimum is what the MCU has done. I’d like to see that change going forward. Maybe Wanda and Monica will mend fences and start a book club, or Hope and Katie from Shang-Chi meet in San Francisco, and Katie takes her to karaoke.

Anyway, a Wanda vs. Carol match in the MCU would be interesting to see. Wanda is a glass canon but Carol seems weak to psychic attacks.
    I don’t know if Carol is necessarily weak to psychic attack, but Wanda has certainly become much stronger in her casting. It would be killer to see them fight among asteroids or on the Astral plane.

Ikr. Can't she just be generally good but with her own agenda? We don't always need conflict to be entertained IMO
    They ‘know’ Wanda is considered controversial by the mutant community, but certainly don’t care to examine the whys of it. They just clap and squeal like seals at whatever promises them the most flashing lights and smart-aleck one liners, because that’s all they care to comprehend.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 09-10-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I must have this. I missed out on Halloween Wanda, but I WILL get this one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Jane and Darcy being graduate student and intern before Thor arrived, Jan and Hope’s mother daughter relationship, and Gamora and Nebula’s sisterhood is about the core of female relationships in the MCU. None of them are casual friendships, and two of them are familial. It isn’t until Captain Marvel, with Carol and Maria do you finally see two women who are colleagues as well as hanging out. They aren’t related, there is no common male friend or relation, and there is never a romantic interest to take up dialogue between them. Even Carol’s relationship with Mar-Vell is a mentor who dies to helps Carol to gain confidence in herself as a empowerment rather than exploring a friendship between them. You then jump to the scene in Endgame, with Carol surrounded by the cavalry made up of Wanda, Valkyrie, and Okoye, who have never interacted before and haven’t since. It emphasizes how little has been paid to female relationships, compared to building up the Tony/Steve friendship, or the Tony/Steve/Thor triumvirate over the course of a decade.

I have to say, two female characters not just talking about the male hero should be bare minimum. And sadly, bare minimum is what the MCU has done. I’d like to see that change going forward. Maybe Wanda and Monica will mend fences and start a book club, or Hope and Katie from Shang-Chi meet in San Francisco, and Katie takes her to karaoke.
    And even Carol & Maria isn't really 2 superheroines interacting. Marvel needs to step up its game. Quantumania, Marvels and maybe MoM will actually have multiple heroines so that's a start.

I don’t know if Carol is necessarily weak to psychic attack, but Wanda has certainly become much stronger in her casting. It would be killer to see them fight among asteroids or on the Astral plane.
    I interpreted Carol being weak because the Supreme Intelligence manipulated her memories and emotions to suppress her powers. At least, that's what the movie tried to show

They ‘know’ Wanda is considered controversial by the mutant community, but certainly don’t care to examine the whys of it. They just clap and squeal like seals at whatever promises them the most flashing lights and smart-aleck one liners, because that’s all they care to comprehend.
    Flashing lights and one liners are good so long as the characters are respected

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Well there is a Wanda there
    Wanda, and what looks like Pietro in his ‘G*ps* Davy’ outfit. I really hope they don’t call him that. Also, is there a reason Jason Aaron is preoccupied with making part twos to 90s events?

Comics themselves seem obsessed with nostalgia. Games and tv/movies are doing the same. Reunions and remakes.

Extraordinary Member

It also seems to be a thing at Marvel editorial to recycle the names of old stories. I believe Leah Williams has said that the title "The Trial of Magneto" was not her idea.

Maybe marketing feels like it'll sell if it has a similar name to things people read years ago. Although I don't really know why they felt naming something Heroes Reborn would work. Most who read it originally don't didn't like it. The event was mocked and made fun of by fans for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Maybe marketing feels like it'll sell if it has a similar name to things people read years ago. Although I don't really know why they felt naming something Heroes Reborn would work. Most who read it originally don't didn't like it. The event was mocked and made fun of by fans for a while.
    I enjoyed Heroes Reborn (The original) and was annoyed when the new version had nothing to do with it. Unless the story has a link to the original, they should call it something different.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I enjoyed Heroes Reborn (The original) and was annoyed when the new version had nothing to do with it. Unless the story has a link to the original, they should call it something different.
    You are one of the few I've seen. It was so terrible to fans initially that they made it non-canon and came up with Heroes Return.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You are one of the few I've seen. It was so terrible to fans initially that they made it non-canon and came up with Heroes Return.
    No they didn't. Heroes Reborn was a financial hit for Marvel at the time and they wanted their characters back off Image, so they made plans to bring them back into the main Marvel universe hence Heroes Return.