Page 141 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So? A person tat commits manslaughter doesnt set out to kill a person on purpose but the damage is still done regardless. There are 1000s of people that were afected and the chances are that at least a few of them are incredibly f--ked up by what she did
    In the grand scheme who cares their still alive they'll get over it cry in the shower and move on cause Wanda already has she gone nothing to be sad about, she'll only comeback when she needs to see Agatha that'll likely only be once in a blue moon.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.

I thought someone said there was 3000? The number is irrelevant anyway. The main point I was trying to make was that at least a few should have longlasting trauma
    Not in the town. Outside of it. They make the statement about Wanda trying to keep control of the hex barrier saving thousands outside of it. Meaning that she couldn't control the hex exploding from her but was trying to keep it's barrier from moving. They are suggesting that her powers are linked to her emotions.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Apples and oranges, she just started crying on an abandoned construction site and her grief poured out without any control in the form of a reality warping wave, it could not be avoided cause she had no way to know that emotionally bursting into tears could have such consequence.
    and thats why there should be repercussions to people's actions. She should have been arrested. I thought for sure she was going to surrender herself at the end instead of flying off.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    In the grand scheme who cares their still alive they'll get over it cry in the shower and move on cause Wanda already has she gone nothing to be sad about, she'll only comeback when she needs to see Agatha that'll likely only be once in a blue moon.
    You are just minimizing the victims' trauma. You clearly dont care but what was done to them was not right

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

So? A person tat commits manslaughter doesnt set out to kill a person on purpose but the damage is still done regardless. There are 1000s of people that were afected and the chances are that at least a few of them are incredibly f--ked up by what she did
    It's a straw man argument. She didn't physically harm anyone aside from Agatha. They used those people in the plot to give her a reason to stop what she was doing. If she wasn't doing any harm, she would've continued. I don't get why she made a whole town to be honest. She could've done one person and that's it.

and thats why there should be repercussions to people's actions. She should have been arrested. I thought for sure she was going to surrender herself at the end instead of flying off.
    There was no action, are they gonna arrest her for bursting into tears on her own property? How was she supposed to know her own grief could warp reality?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

You are just minimizing the victims' trauma. You clearly dont care but what was done to them was not right
    I just don't see the point in pretending to care about these random nobodies, when the MCU has been pulling this ish for years, why all of a sudden should she have to face consequences when others have gotten away with literal mass murder? She already lost the people most important to her she's been getting stomped on for years Wanda deserves this win a month from now the people will be a forgotten memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's a straw man argument. She didn't physically harm anyone aside from Agatha. They used those people in the plot to give her a reason to stop what she was doing. If she wasn't doing any harm, she would've continued. I don't get why she made a whole town to be honest. She could've done one person and that's it.
    Because it was power pouring out of her, it was not calculated or planned.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

I just don't see the point in pretending to care about these random nobodies, when the MCU has been pulling this ish for years, why all of a sudden should she have to face consequences when others have gotten away with literal mass murder? She already lost the people most important to her she's been getting stomped on for years Wanda deserves this win a month from now the people will be a forgotten memory.
    Who got away with mass murder?

I think they could have had a stronger ending, but Wanda is a wanted criminal and more isolated than ever. At a time when she will likely need help rescuing her kids from whatever Dr. Strange villain has them. I wouldn't call it a slap on the wrist, really

Ultimate Member

Wanda didn't intend it to happen, but she did continue it when she could have stopped. So she's far from blameless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Who got away with mass murder?

I think they could have had a stronger ending, but Wanda is a wanted criminal and more isolated than ever. At a time when she will likely need help rescuing her kids from whatever Dr. Strange villain has them. I wouldn't call it a slap on the wrist, really
    Clint in Endgame, The Science geeks for creating a murder bot.

There was no action, are they gonna arrest her for bursting into tears on her own property? How was she supposed to know her own grief could warp reality?
    She didnt just burst into tears. You are minimizing what actually ended up happening. Did she know what her grief would do? No, but thats what the courts are there to decide. The info we learned was nothing that was made apparent to the authorities. She should have been arrested and a deposition set for her to decide her fate

now all of a sudden? This was main thrust of Civil War and Wanda was the cause of that too. Zemo is what happens when you disregard the random nobody
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-05-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

True. If this is what she could do on a whim, I wonder what she'll be able to do after studying magic from a book with a chapter about her.

She didnt just burst into tears. You are minimizing what actually ended up happening. Did she know what her grief would do? No, but thats what the courts are there to decide. The info we learned was nothing that was made apparent to the authorities. She should have been arrested and a deposition set for her to decide her fate
    There'd be no way for them to keep someone contained that possesses god-like powers.

Wanda needs therapy and training, not corporal punishment.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-05-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    True. If this is what she could do on a whim, I wonder what she'll be able to do after studying magic from a book with a chapter about her.
    Hopefully like comics where she learns to control the chaos with the use of other magics. That might be where Strange comes in.