Page 156 of 774 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I still hope they make her a more mature and responsible character in DS2 without letting her fucking **** up for the sake of the narrative of others.
    I kinda hope she became the nuanced take on "dark magic", like power is just power, it depends on the intent of the wielder. Dark magic is more dangerous, thus requiring more mastery and skill.
    Yeah, I don't think they should make dark magic too "evil".

Well, I still hope they make her a more mature and responsible character in DS2 without letting her fucking **** up for the sake of the narrative of others.
    I kinda hope she became the nuanced take on "dark magic", like power is just power, it depends on the intent of the wielder. Dark magic is more dangerous, thus requiring more mastery and skill.
    Well her character arc isnt done so there is still room for growth.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. MoM is one of the movies I'm anticipating the most alongside Love and Thunder and Shang-Chi. I really want to see her interact with Doctor Strange.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sorry CJStriker, I wasn't talking about you. You definitely haven't implied that I'm a hater and non-fan. All I'm saying is that I WANT Wanda to care about the people of Westview. I'm REALLY hoping she does something to help the folks living there in future MCU installments. It's not as sexy as blasting demons, but it's no less heroic. I thought the show as brilliant in the first eight episodes. Sure it sometimes meandered and outright stalled, but I loved what it was trying to do. I just felt that it didn't really nail the ending. Ironically, the more Marvel-y it got at the end the more the quality started to drop in my opinion. The quality of the VFX started to become hit or miss, the writing got sloppier and the overall design and art direction got corny.

The design of the Witch cave was super corny and plastic-looking. And Agatha her witch look was also just a bit silly looking with the blown-out hair and crazy eyes. The writing around Wanda being both the hero and villain got confusing and sloppy. As was the writing around Monica randomly getting powers and not really caring about it. Is she still powered now that the Hex is gone? Even with these complaints, I think ONE more episode would have helped immensely. This show really needed it.
    Oh of course I know he didn’t mean me, I just didn’t like the idea of someone not be quite a fan just because they had disagreements with each other.

I’ve been down that road, I’ve seen that road, I’ve seen the road in other debate arguments on other topics and all the places on the net as well. I never agreed with that kind of thinking or that kind of the divide.

What is important is to help talk to each other and help heal each other And help learn from one another. Because you’ll care about the same character this kind of meat is not bad at all, we just got to make sure we don’t get too far into the weeds to it either to end up like that.

I’ll find them as well love for Wanda, and then even more important support and love for each other for our fandom for her.

That is what matters most of on the end and to make sure we support each other throughout our debates and discussion.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they should make dark magic too "evil".
    If there’s anything I’ve learned thanks to Comics, and especially anime is that is not the dark magic that makes a character sure evil, it is how you so choose to use it. He is a great arc to have characters Who traditionally wheeled darker and more common to reference powers that are typically considered not good that they change their destiny and choose to be good as best they can be!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-08-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Im fine with the way the show ended. Wanda has always been flawed. She was introduced as a villian in this franchise. Her actions in CW caused alot of people to get killed and served as the catalyst for the heroes fighting. Her love for Vision helped her start over and was part of her redemption and losing him led to her losing her way. She set things right at the end of this series but still remains very flawed. It makes her human and relatable and I commend the writers for not taking the easy way out with her. She's not all the way good or bad but very much a gray character, albeit broken one
    Yeah. MoM is one of the movies I'm anticipating the most alongside Love and Thunder and Shang-Chi. I really want to see her interact with Doctor Strange.
    Oh Indeed Havok83 that is an interesting breakdown!

I am all for arcs like this for characters Because it is much more story you can tell You get to see them trying for over the lesser of themselves while striving in be the best they can be striving to reach the light!

That’s why I think Wanda’s arc while messy Has been an interesting one, the one that is pointing to the right path and with many marvel heroes it takes time to get ones desired better, you want to see the ups and downs how the character gets their.

It is this growth in this journey I am most excited to see just like many other Marvel characters before her, it takes time, the journey has faults but she striving in how heroes journeys are told.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-08-2021 at 10:10 AM.

WandaVision Wanda Merchandise.

ShopDisney exclusive doll

Hot Toys Cosbaby figure

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    If there’s anything I’ve learned thanks to Comics, and especially anime is that is not the dark magic to make sure evil it is though so use it. He is a great ark to have characters Who traditionally wheeled darker and more common to reference powers that are typically considered not good that they change their destiny and choose to be good as best they can be!
    Good to know! I think "dark magic' should be considered more "dangerous" or "violent"

You know, I read another post by a Wanda fan who was upset about how the whole Westview thing was handled, and I think that the truth is that some people didn't have realistic expectations of how the show was gonna go. While I was always hopeful that the show would NOT be like Disassembled/House of M, I always had that expectation in the sense that I didn't think it would be some trash writing that villanized Wanda, treated her like she was insane and too mentally weak to handle her powers, and used her as a scapegoat for other franchises.

And I think it didn't fail me in any of that. The narrative is extremely sympathetic towards her (to the point where that's what some people are upset about!), her "mental breakdown" is an explosion of grief rather than something that paints her as actually "crazy", the show ends with her having more control about her powers, saying "I don't understand it but I will", and at the end, the story really was 100% about her and not used to prop up any other characters or franchises (which, again, some people are actually upset about).

Now, if you thought the show wasn't gonna pull inspiration from the messy yet widely popular stories AT ALL, and wouldn't have Wanda mess up or do anything that badly affected people AT ALL, I think you were too naive.

I did think there was gonna be a bigger villain who had a hand into the creation of the hex, but I also thought that it would be more of a matter of them being a bad influence that manipulated Wanda into creating this new reality, or her making a "deal with the devil" (literally as in it being Mephisto or not) where she was given this reality in exchange for something, in which case she wouldn't have created it but would still be responsable for it. So, what we got, which is that she created it subconciously in a moment of grief, and didn't realize how much pain she was causing, was actually kinda better in how it paints her morals.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-08-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, as much as I would looove full on eradication mode on any AD/HoM elements. It is not that realistic, the end result is good enough for me personally.
    Though it is still annoying to have remnant theorists still shouting for using her to introduce mutants, FF, Mephisto, etc. They just shift their focus to DS2, oh boy cannot wait for their bitching after DS2 debunking them again. They just piss me off like this group who just constantly want some kind of hostile take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You know, I read another post by a Wanda fan who was upset about how the whole Westview thing was handled, and I think that the truth is that some people didn't have realistic expectations of how the show was gonna go. While I was always hopeful that the show would NOT be like Disassembled/House of M, I always had that expectation in the sense that I didn't think it would be some trash writing that villanized Wanda, treated her like she was insane and too mentally weak to handle her powers, and used her as a scapegoat for other franchises.

And I think it didn't fail me in any of that. The narrative is extremely sympathetic towards her (to the point where that's what some people are upset about!), her "mental breakdown" is an explosion of grief rather than something that paints her as actually "crazy", the show ends with her having more control about her powers, saying "I don't understand it but I will", and at the end, the story really was 100% about her and not used to prop up any other characters or franchises (which, again, some people are actually upset about).

Now, if you thought the show wasn't gonna pull inspiration from the messy yet widely popular stories AT ALL, and wouldn't have Wanda mess up or do anything that badly affected people AT ALL, I think you were too naive.

I did think there was gonna be a bigger villain who had a hand into the creation of the hex, but I also thought that it would be more of a matter of them being a bad influence that manipulated Wanda into creating this new reality, or her making a "deal with the devil" (literally as in it being Mephisto or not) where she was given this reality in exchange for something, in which case she wouldn't have created it but would still be responsable for it. So, what we got, which is that she created it subconciously in a moment of grief, and didn't realize how much pain she was causing, was actually kinda better in how it paints her morals.
    ^^^ This is Very well said, Thanks for sharing Wiccan!

I also hope Billy turn out to as close to what you hoped for his character in this.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, as much as I would looove full on eradication mode on any AD/HoM elements. It is not that realistic, the end result is good enough for me personally.
    Though it is still annoying to have remnant theorists still shouting for using her to introduce mutants, FF, Mephisto, etc. They just shift their focus to DS2, oh boy cannot wait for their bitching after DS2 debunking them again. They just piss me off like this group who just constantly want some kind of hostile take over.
    Dear God, why do they want to waste her potential on the F4 of all people?

More Wanda Merchandise announced

Funko POP

Marvel Legends Figure

Diamond Select
    Last edited by leokearon; 03-08-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Dear God, why do they want to waste her potential on the F4 of all people?
    Why would anyone even think anyone outside the F4 is needed to introduce them?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Why would anyone even think anyone outside the F4 is needed to introduce them?
    i don't know. Maybe because the general public doesn't have the best perception of them? I'm just referencing others' fan theories