Page 157 of 774 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 11598

Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-08-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Oh of course I know he didn’t mean me, I just didn’t like the idea of someone not be quite a fan just because they had disagreements with each other.

I’ve been down that road, I’ve seen that road, I’ve seen the road in other debate arguments on other topics and all the places on the net as well. I never agreed with that kind of thinking or that kind of the divide.

What is important is to help talk to each other and help heal each other And help learn from one another. Because you’ll care about the same character this kind of meat is not bad at all, we just got to make sure we don’t get too far into the weeds to it either to end up like that.

I’ll find them as well love for Wanda, and then even more important support and love for each other for our fandom for her.

That is what matters most of on the end and to make sure we support each other throughout our debates and discussion.
    Yeah, I'm really happy our debates are quite civil and respectful while at the same time really passionate and enthusiastic. I think that makes these forums superior to a lot of other ones. And look how many people view these threads! They're loving the conversations!

Extraordinary Member

Also on a side note, I hope Wanda will be generally more sympathetic to people who may seem "evil" at first glance.
    Just in case if they wanna use Modred or similar character for her next "personal project".

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im fine with the way the show ended. Wanda has always been flawed. She was introduced as a villian in this franchise. Her actions in CW caused alot of people to get killed and served as the catalyst for the heroes fighting. Her love for Vision helped her start over and was part of her redemption and losing him led to her losing her way. She set things right at the end of this series but still remains very flawed. It makes her human and relatable and I commend the writers for not taking the easy way out with her. She's not all the way good or bad but very much a gray character, albeit broken one
    I agree with this. I find perfect characters boring. And I like that people were still pissed at her. It shows that actions matter, and she'll have to learn to control her powers and learn how to deal with adversity. It makes for a much more interesting tale than just someone punching everything to solve their problems.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Do you have direct links to buy this stuff?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I know he is not really a regular here but I wonder what is Relugus's thought on the show.
    I guess he would be as excited for the Chthon related stuff?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I... don’t even wear make up, but I high-key want this.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    ^^^ This is Very well said, Thanks for sharing Wiccan!

I also hope Billy turn out to as close to what you hoped for his character in this.
    Thanks CJ. Ngl that I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have his teen version, especially cause I really had that expectation when I thought the twins would age according to the decades, but I did love little Billy and at the same time I like that they're doing something similar to the comics with the twins being gone, but then it turns out they'll come back somehow and Wanda will find them.

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...18300747943942

Cebulski saying there are big news coming soon. And the question was if there was something else besides Darkhold...

Extraordinary Member

I should say again, my problem with the show is not that there wasn't a villain pulling Wanda's strings but that they spent so much time making it seem like maybe there was someone pulling her strings. Even "Agatha All Along" is meant as a fakeout so people would think Agatha was behind everything, when really she was just playing along. All those red herrings meant we could never see it from Wanda's perspective until the show was almost over. That's one way it resembles "House of M," which is also framed as a mystery (who made Wanda create this world? was it Magneto?) and also never gives us Wanda's perspective until it's almost over. The show is a tragedy but they disguised it as a mystery to make it more popular, only the mystery was almost entirely red herrings.

Though I guess the format will also make it more popular, because now people will watch the whole show over from the beginning, knowing the answers to most of the mysteries.

Anyway I appreciate the discussion here. I think it's good that many if not most Wanda fans did not have my reaction to the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I should say again, my problem with the show is not that there wasn't a villain pulling Wanda's strings but that they spent so much time making it seem like maybe there was someone pulling her strings. Even "Agatha All Along" is meant as a fakeout so people would think Agatha was behind everything, when really she was just playing along. All those red herrings meant we could never see it from Wanda's perspective until the show was almost over. That's one way it resembles "House of M," which is also framed as a mystery (who made Wanda create this world? was it Magneto?) and also never gives us Wanda's perspective until it's almost over. The show is a tragedy but they disguised it as a mystery to make it more popular, only the mystery was almost entirely red herrings.

Though I guess the format will also make it more popular, because now people will watch the whole show over from the beginning, knowing the answers to most of the mysteries.

Anyway I appreciate the discussion here. I think it's good that many if not most Wanda fans did not have my reaction to the ending.
    thats your own personal take but I didnt get that thats what they were doing. Im glad there wasnt someone pulling the strings bc that would have been a major copout and a predictable twist that we've seen a million times before

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats your own personal take but I didnt get that thats what they were doing. Im glad there wasnt someone pulling the strings bc that would have been a major copout and a predictable twist that we've seen a million times before
    I agree! But the reason it's better that there's no one pulling her strings is what it says about what's going on inside Wanda's head and how she struggles to justify what she's done... but because of all the red herrings and mystery elements, they couldn't show us what was going on inside her head, because the format meant they could never say definitively that Wanda was in control of everything, right up until the last two episodes.

So in episode 6 it's Fietro (aka Agatha) who tells us what Wanda is doing to control the town, Wanda isn't allowed to tell us because it's not time to reveal that she's consciously doing it. The only thing she gets to say is she doesn't remember how it started.

Go back, remove all the red herrings, show us the story from Wanda's perspective and it's a very powerful story of someone who is tragically flawed. It would have been much better but way less popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Cebulski saying there are big news coming soon. And the question was if there was something else besides Darkhold...
    I really hope it isn't Bride of Doctor Doom or The Trial of the Pretender.

It should be both. She marries Doctor Doom while under indictment for crimes against mutantkind. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-08-2021 at 02:39 PM.

I need this!!! Her Scarlet Witch hot toy it's here

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

All this merch with her new costume design is giving me life! I can't help but notice that her costume looks way more red in basically all of the merch, too. Hopefully this is something they ''fix'' about her costume going forward, because it was really my only complaint about it.

The people who are going ~what about the people of Westview~ are a small minority.
    I can't even take this take seriously, because it reeks of fake concern and bias against Wanda. Like, I DOUBT some of those people who are oh so concerned about the citizens of Westview will say **** about Loki and all of his crimes when his show drops. ''But what about the citizens of NYC?'' ''What about all the death and destruction he caused to so many innocent people?'' ''What about the mental health of the people he mentally controlled with the Mind Stone?'' ''Who's gonna take him to court to judge him for his crimes?'' are not questions I expect to hear from them. This idea of expecting realistic consequences to the actions of characters in superhero narrative is always so selective. Characters in those narratives have been breaking laws and fucking up the lives of innocent civilians in basically every single movie and show. So you either keep this energy for every single character, or just accept that this is how those stories work and get the **** over it.

Well, it's good to know Marvel has a brain, after all.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-08-2021 at 02:53 PM.