Page 326 of 774 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Obe. Yes, Wanda was very innocent when it came to men and this developed over many years. I would have liked Wanda to have been on the Avengers mission( she was still feeling ill from having her Hex Power fed back to her by the Triumverate of Evil. Pietro stayed to care for her) when they faced Namor. I think both would have been mildly smitten.
    Better than that Blonde, right Phoenixx?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Better than that Blonde, right Phoenixx?
    Ahaha, well, at least Wanda was unattached at that time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ahaha, well, at least Wanda was unattached at that time.
    Right, nothing spells unattached like that Warden of a brother Pietro hovering over her, approving or disapproving.

but you know I like the soap opera fickle nature of characters and romance.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Right, nothing spells unattached like that Warden of a brother Pietro hovering over her, approving or disapproving.

Yes, true. And Pietro and Namor have some traits in common. Once discovered, Pietro might actually like Namor and push Wanda into the relationship, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm glad they avoided Wanda being with someone that reminds her of her brother. That's too weird.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

I hate that kind of behavior from male characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hate that kind of behavior from male characters
    Not a big fan, but Wanda was young/naive combo and it was good that he was close. Of course I think it was exagerated and he was too vigilant.
    At least it defined when she becae her own woman and doesnt need validation from Pietro
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm glad they avoided Wanda being with someone that reminds her of her brother. That's too weird.
    it would never last, she already had to deal with Pietro and then having to deal with same personality with namor, she would quit. namor also push boundaries too much, they would see that they look for different things on the relationship

This is from Mark Brooks, I get this could be a cover with Wanda. Maybe for Darkhold
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-08-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not a big fan, but Wanda was young/naive combo and it was good that he was close. Of course I think it was exagerated and he was too vigilant.
    At least it defined when she becae her own woman and doesnt need validation from Pietro
    The big problem is a lot of male characters never make great decisions about love themselves, yet somehow get to tell female characters who they love. Yet if the reverse happens, female characters are called "nags" or "no fun"

Yes, true. And Pietro and Namor have some traits in common. Once discovered, Pietro might actually like Namor and push Wanda into the relationship, lol.
    From your lips . . . . too funny, and true.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    a popular trope from my younger years was that Men tended to marry their mothers (ie; someone like them) and women, someone like/their father. I can see this being true in many of the lives I've known

But another popular trope, is that opposites attract (still could be the same thing, right, tee-hee).

And don't get me started on brother/sister 'relationships' because yes, very weird and does happen.... (oh wait, they covered that with Ultimates, which I never read)
    ~ Oberon ~

The big problem is a lot of male characters never make great decisions about love themselves, yet somehow get to tell female characters who they love. Yet if the reverse happens, female characters are called "nags" or "no fun"
    Comics have been a part of the cultural paradigm and 'zeitgeist' for decades. Even, perhaps, since their inception, nearly a hundred years ago (well, 80).

So it is Americana mostly. This ties in well, with my theories on serialized fiction as having more to do with character arcs/changes/personalities. My/others main 3 roles for main characters: Victim, victimizer and redemptionist.

Wanda is a great example of this, as she has played all the parts, though *we* fans argue that these stories show her being not in charge of this agency at times.
    ~ Oberon ~

Ultimate Member

Comics have been a part of the cultural paradigm and 'zeitgeist' for decades. Even, perhaps, since their inception, nearly a hundred years ago (well, 80).

So it is Americana mostly. This ties in well, with my theories on serialized fiction as having more to do with character arcs/changes/personalities. My/others main 3 roles for main characters: Victim, victimizer and redemptionist.

Wanda is a great example of this, as she has played all the parts, though *we* fans argue that these stories show her being not in charge of this agency at times.
    It's possibly due to most of the writers being male, and not quite understand female viewpoints

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

This is from Mark Brooks, I get this could be a cover with Wanda. Maybe for Darkhold
    Interesting, looks like her classic costume

It's possibly due to most of the writers being male, and not quite understand female viewpoints
    Entirely, yes. And though I like and would appreciate more female focus, I may be guilty of enabling the older mindset of male writers.

but I always liked the stories where Sue, Wanda, Jean, and even Jan (a Marvel Team up upgraded her way back?) increased their powers. Not so much where they lose them.
    ~ Oberon ~