Page 364 of 774 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They could be just making her stubborn but they also chose to make the whole show about the effect of grief which the common side effect is depression and then talk about all that in interviews. So the link is the only thing that can be surmised. I'm not the first person with depression to get that feeling from that from watching the show. They also made it so the hex is impacted by her emotions.
    Like I said, it was supposed to be inspired by about the stages of grief. So depression becomes a focus after denial(first episodes where it's like Vision never even died), anger(when she throws Monica for breaking the facade) and bargaining(when she tries to convince herself that things are still fine and she can keep up the hex).

Yes, she was already depressed before as soon as she lost him, but after she created the hex, that fake life was enough to make her happy until she got confronted with reality again. When you mix real life situations with mystical/sci-fi elements, it's never gonna be a perfect 1:1 equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Like I said, it was supposed to be inspired by about the stages of grief. So depression becomes a focus after denial(first episodes where it's like Vision never even died), anger(when she throws Monica for breaking the facade) and bargaining(when she tries to convince herself that things are still fine and she can keep up the hex).

Yes, she was already depressed before as soon as she lost him, but after she created the hex, that fake life was enough to make her happy until she got confronted with reality again. When you mix real life situations with mystical/sci-fi elements, it's never gonna be a perfect 1:1 equivalent.
    Yeah I get the stages of grief were a thing, but depression is not a phase in grief like that. It's a part of the different phases. Even anger.

But maybe their intent was like Jac said to just make her selfish. But I don't like to buy into that one even.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Be it the MCU or the likes of HOM, one of my bad gripes is that Wanda is never allowed to actually try and fix the problems she caused. Did she ever apologise for accidently killing those people in Civil War? no.(granted there is no sign of the Wakandans out to get her, but still), Did she try to help the people of Westview overcome what she did, no, she just flew away. Did she try and undo M-Day, actually she tried but then Doom stole the lifeforce from her, so she couldn't. The writer's may show that Wanda feels guilty and responsible for what she has done, but they don't allow her to fix her mistakes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Did she try to help the people of Westview overcome what she did, no, she just flew away.
    Given how they were glaring at her, I don't know if anything she could have done had she stayed would appease them in the short term. Monica and Jimmy might vouch for her, but it's the Westview residents' prerogative to distrust and downright fear her after what they've been put through. The closest analogy in the comics that I have seen is how Dan Slott wrote a follow-up story to She-Hulk devastating Bone, Idaho while she was savage during Geoff John's closing issues of his Avengers run. Though it was resolved in a single issue, it showed how she built up their trust slowly, with the help of the Green Cross organization that helps out communities devastated by Hulks.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Given how they were glaring at her, I don't know if anything she could have done had she stayed would appease them in the short term. Monica and Jimmy might vouch for her, but it's the Westview residents' prerogative to distrust and downright fear her after what they've been put through. The closest analogy in the comics that I have seen is how Dan Slott wrote a follow-up story to She-Hulk devastating Bone, Idaho while she was savage during Geoff John's closing issues of his Avengers run. Though it was resolved in a single issue, it showed how she built up their trust slowly, with the help of the Green Cross organization that helps out communities devastated by Hulks.
    She didn't even try, she basically ran away, that's the problem. Hopefully, Wanda will be allowed to make amends in the future

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She didn't even try, she basically ran away, that's the problem. Hopefully, Wanda will be allowed to make amends in the future
    Try was not part of the possiblity since they where in angry mob mod while not compliplating all the complexing events that really just happen to them like Monica and the others had been able to do. Trying to aplolgize or do anything might of lead to more blind anger from them and more getting hurt over it, at this point to Wanda is not confident in her own ablity to control these new powers, she is littery the Hulk of this era that is afraid now to try to do to much cause it now might hurt others even by accident. Also as they said nothing they said would have matter cause like in Men in Black said a person can be rational and think threw things on their own, but people in a group like setting with anger at the center become a mob and become irational and tend to harm even when against their better judgement. That point Wanda wanted to lesson that worry about her own powers alone.

I hoping and treating this like a continuing chapter story where we are done with the 1st chapter and the next will be her training and learning how to not only control these new powers but gain so much in confience over them that she is not a threat to herself or others around her anymore threw any means made or accidental.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Try was not part of the possiblity since they where in angry mob mod while not compliplating all the complexing events that really just happen to them like Monica and the others had been able to do. Trying to aplolgize or do anything might of lead to more blind anger from them and more getting hurt over it, at this point to Wanda is not confident in her own ablity to control these new powers, she is littery the Hulk of this era that is afraid now to try to do to much cause it now might hurt others even by accident. Also as they said nothing they said would have matter cause like in Men in Black said a person can be rational and think threw things on their own, but people in a group like setting with anger at the center become a mob and become irational and tend to harm even when against their better judgement. That point Wanda wanted to lesson that worry about her own powers alone.

I hoping and treating this like a continuing chapter story where we are done with the 1st chapter and the next will be her training and learning how to not only control these new powers but gain so much in confience over them that she is not a threat to herself or others around her anymore threw any means made or accidental.
    Still like I said, hopefully Wanda will get a chance to make amends, preferably sooner rather than later

Amazing Member

Granted Hawkeye killed criminals, but he killed normal human criminals, the kind a prison CAN hold. He got away with that with no repercussions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Granted Hawkeye killed criminals, but he killed normal human criminals, the kind a prison CAN hold. He got away with that with no repercussions.
    That annoyed me. At least Wanda had no idea what she was doing initially. He just murdered people. Maybe he was angry because he had no personality.

Amazing Member

Still like I said, hopefully Wanda will get a chance to make amends, preferably sooner rather than later
    I wonder if she will now get to the point where she's overzealous in protecting innocents.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That annoyed me. At least Wanda had no idea what she was doing initially. He just murdered people. Maybe he was angry because he had no personality.
    Going on that, We have to Realize that WandaVision was one of the Rare Superhero projects recently that had Literally NO Deaths in it even by accident or deaths of villains either!

Heck, You could say the show ADD LIVES to it with a net of 2-4, 2 Being the Kids, 1 being White Vision and even 1 Being Hex-Memories Vision who even teased he might not really die just take a new form at some point, also the kids where teaser to be still alive by the end so not a full death count their either.

WandaVision was a Life+ Projects with no Deaths needed to further the story, it should be given more credit for achieving this rare point in a story!

(Also I am not counting see Wanda’s parents due cause that was a flashback to something we already knew happened)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Amazing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8k7...ybLpEw&index=2

Opinions. Not saying that one action washes her clean of the other, but were more lives saved here than were accidentally lost in Lagos or is it about even? Also, I thought she was a selfish b---ch that only thinks of herself?

Amazing Member

Going on that, We have to Realize that WandaVision was one of the Rare Superhero projects recently that had Literally NO Deaths in it even by accident or deaths of villains either!

Heck, You could say the show ADD LIVES to it with a net of 2-4, 2 Being the Kids, 1 being White Vision and even 1 Being Hex-Memories Vision who even teased he might not really die just take a new form at some point, also the kids where teaser to be still alive by the end so not a full death count their either.

WandaVision was a Life+ Projects with no Deaths needed to further the story, it should be given more credit for achieving this rare point in a story!

(Also I am not counting see Wanda’s parents due cause that was a flashback to something we already knew happened)
    The only person she was actively trying to hurt was Agatha and that was mostly in self-defense. When she ejected Monica from the hex, she put a protective shield around her, I noticed it the 2nd time. Perhaps in gratitude for helping birth her kids.

I wonder if she will now get to the point where she's overzealous in protecting innocents.
    No problem in that, she kind of already had that with the events of Civil War and it was a growing trait in her to be more heroic since then. But indeed it would so more character growth if she becomes hyper caring and willing to go to extreme length even putting her own life in danger to keep others from ever getting hurt for any reason!

Amazing Member

No problem in that, she kind of already had that with the events of Civil War and it was a growing trait in her to be more heroic since then. But indeed it would so more character growth if she becomes hyper caring and willing to go to extreme length even putting her own life in danger to keep others from ever getting hurt for any reason!
    Also, when she went to S.W.O.R.D, she could have used mind control to influence Heyward and chose not to.