Page 151 of 774 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sorry I should have been more specific, keep in mind I’m just looking at the picture (those measure mean little to me ‘cause I go metric) ..... I did not expect for Wanda to be that tall and muscular/buff compared to the other ladies
    Ah no problem. Sorry, I will try metric for you. In reality, Wanda is @.3979 cm taller than Jean and Sue and @1.18 cm shorter than Storm.

But that entire comparison page is flawed in scale as shown because Jean looks really shorter than Sue by a good bit, Wanda dwarfs Dagger and Wanda is even taller than Storm.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah no problem. Sorry, I will try metric for you. In reality, Wanda is @.3979 cm taller than Jean and Sue and @1.18 cm shorter than Storm.

But that entire comparison page is flawed in scale as shown because Jean looks really shorter than Sue by a good bit, Wanda dwarfs Dagger and Wanda is even taller than Storm.
    Exactly, really odd isn’t it? But Byrne is known to have his own very specific “ideas”......
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-06-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly, really odd isn’t it? But Byrne is known to have his own very specific “ideas”......
    Ahaha, yes quite true, friend Daedra.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ahaha, yes quite true, friend Daedra.
    I like how that sounds
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I already mentioned this in the Wandavision thread, but this show did wonders for my personal perception of Wanda. And to think that I was clowning on her like a month ago. Now I’m all anxious to see what she does next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I already mentioned this in the Wandavision thread, but this show did wonders for my personal perception of Wanda. And to think that I was clowning on her like a month ago. Now I’m all anxious to see what she does next.
    That's great! I'm glad you are enjoying her story. I'm anxious as well. And hope she's in other media before then, since we have to wait a year.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's great! I'm glad you are enjoying her story. I'm anxious as well. And hope she's in other media before then, since we have to wait a year.
    It's hard to say. I haven't heard any new Marvel media projects coming up

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's hard to say. I haven't heard any new Marvel media projects coming up
    Other media meaning anything from comics to games, etc.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'd say the future for Wanda looks bright, despite the usual vocal complaints surrounding marvel products and the armchair critics :

Last edited by Daedra; 03-07-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I like this look---sort of a slighty updated classic look!

Wanda drive a red Buick. Is that the right car for her? What would you have her drive?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

MY GOODNESS, This are SO BRILLIANT and SO POWERFUL, The Inking Alone on them is ELITE-TIER level of Amazing!

They Capture so why my View of Wanda Maximoff and her Scarlet Witch look SO On Point they Deserve to be put in Potraits, Thank You for these Cruelrain! =D
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I appreciate the replies to my post. If you don't mind one more negative post I want to explain why I was so upset at "WandaVision."

(Spoilers follow)

I don't mind that they took Wanda to a dark place, but I feel like the MCU creators don't see Wanda as cut out to be a hero. She tortured innocent people who were begging to be set free, and the only excuse they gave her is that she deluded herself into thinking they were happy. As Agatha pointed out, "heroes don't torture people." There was nothing in the entire series to show that she cared about anyone but herself. Sure, Monica told her about the sacrifice she made, but come on, everyone knew why that line was silly. And they didn't even give Wanda a chance to apologize to anyone except Monica, who was practically her only victim who got helped and not hurt.

Maybe they intend for her to come back from this in Doctor Strange 2, or the now-inevitable WandaVision 2. And maybe they don't. But if you compare how they portrayed Carol coming into her full power, it's clear which character they think is good and which one they think is dangerous and scary.

So the message I got from the series is that Wanda isn't cut out to be a hero, and now that Vision isn't there to pull her back from the brink, she has to accept that her destiny is darkness and chaos. I don't see any hope that they'll let her help people. And if the MCU won't portray her as a true hero then it's unlikely the comics will.

So I have to stop following Wanda. It's very hard because I love and identify with the character so much. But I think it's clear to me that everyone in power at Marvel thinks she's "more interesting" if she's not a true hero. If they make her a quasi-villain in her first starring role, then I don't see how they will ever stop.

I'm much too depressed over a fictional character than I should be, I know. Maybe it's just that the character has helped me through some tough times and looking forward to her show helped me through this horrible year, and then they go and do this.

If I'm proven wrong and her next MCU role treats her better, then maybe I'll start following her again. But I have to stop following her now and learn to let her go.