Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Whoops my goof. I thought that was for actress. Read through way too fast. Yes as a writer bring her on. I saw her pic and thought well she's attractive and I like her edginess but not how I've ever pictured Wanda from her comic appearances.... but yes that's a great idea for a series. I'll look up Seanan Mcguire's work also. I so hope somehow good things/stories set in motion for her now.
    Yeah I hope the same. I agree with Wiccan about Howard, she could add creative ideas to Wanda’s magic if she gets to write her, she is very passionate about stories related to magic, fantasy, knights. In Excalibur she has been playing with magic ideas and created certain magical concepts. I think her ideas about magic could flow more easily into Wanda’s readers since Wanda is already magical. That was not the immediate case for some members of Excalibur, like Rictor with his new role as a Druid. Some readers weren’t initially convinced of Ric suddenly being connected to magic. I personally think it’s pretty neat.

Tini is a little bit divisive between readers of her book (Excalibur), some didn’t like her writing and some enjoy it. I personally like it because I’ve been a fan of everything fantasy related since I was a twelve y/o girl, I went through my Arthurian Legend obsessed era too so I get happy when I see the references lol. But people who dislike it have valid reasons too (although some Twitter toxic users are too much, best to avoid Twitter when it comes to comics).

I think Tini Howard weakness is the pacing. For example, in Excalibur her story is well constructed, the plot is clear and not messy, and I can’t recall any plot holes. But sometimes it feels as it’s not as exciting as it should be. Some issues clearly feel more dynamic than others, it would be good if she acquires a constant dynamic pacing.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-26-2021 at 08:59 AM.