Page 113 of 774 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 11598
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    I knew they were going to use white Vision. So basically she was always a witch since she was young, and knew what the Infinity Stones were all about, volunteered herself knowing that should could suck in its powers to magnify her own. I don't think she lost control, and we see that she knows very well that she did everything of her own volition. Doesn't she realize the kids are fake though? She got this far.
    end of spoilers
    No idea how you reached the conclusion of the underlined part. Absolutely nothing in the episode indicates she knew anything about any of that. The whole point of the episode is specifically that she has no idea about this.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-26-2021 at 05:21 AM.

spoilers:
    She definitely knew she was a witch by the time she was with the Infinity Stone, and she didn't look like she lost control because of her grief. It was more like "F*ck it, I'm using my powers. I don't gotta take this." Maybe she didn't want to admit anything to anyone, but everything we saw just showed her fully conscious of everything the whole time. Especially since she knew that she had something inside her when she was a little girl.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't think she knew about the mind stone at all, certainly didn't know, what she did with her powers in relation to her hex powers/chaos magic seemingly, granting her wish. To be with Vision right after being egged on by Hayward.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    She definitely knew she was a witch by the time she was with the Infinity Stone, and she didn't look like she lost control because of her grief. It was more like "F*ck it, I'm using my powers. I don't gotta take this." Maybe she didn't want to admit anything to anyone, but everything we saw just showed her fully conscious of everything the whole time. Especially since she knew that she had something inside her when she was a little girl.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think you're misinterpreting the episode. When Agatha says she used a probability hex Wanda doesn't even know what she's talking about and goes "No, it was a defected missil, we just didn't know...".
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think she knew about the mind stone at all, certainly didn't know, what she did with her powers in relation to her hex powers/chaos magic seemingly, granting her wish. To be with Vision right after being egged on by Hayward.
    end of spoilers
    I think she did. Why would she volunteer for it if she didn't know? They didn't say she was kidnapped against her will.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    No idea how you reached the conclusion of the underlined part. Absolutely nothing in the episode indicates she knew anything about any of that. The whole point of the episode is specifically that she has no idea about this.
    spoilers:
    They showed her using her witch powers when she was a child, and volunteered for the movement. The whole point of the episode was to show us that she was familiar with her powers since she was a child and continued to develop them until she got to a level where she reconstructed a whole town and recreated Vision.
    end of spoilers

It was specifically to show us that she wasn't oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I think you're misinterpreting the episode. When Agatha says she used a probability hex Wanda doesn't even know what she's talking about and goes "No, it was a defected missil, we just didn't know...".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    When she was a girl they showed her thinking about it. She might have not known when she was young, but she didn't grow up to be naive about something so obviously out of place. I get why people want to think that she was oblivious and naive, but I don't think she was being controlled by Mephisto or any other person. The episode showed us how she grew into her powers. Just because she says "I don't know" every single time they ask her "how did this happen" doesn't mean she's telling the truth.
    end of spoilers

I think she did. Why would she volunteer for it if she didn't know? They didn't say she was kidnapped against her will.

spoilers:
    They showed her using her witch powers when she was a child, and volunteered for the movement. The whole point of the episode was to show us that she was familiar with her powers since she was a child and continued to develop them until she got to a level where she reconstructed a whole town and recreated Vision.
    end of spoilers

That in no way indicates spoilers:
    she somehow knew what the Infinity Stones were, that Hydra had one or that she could absorb it's power. She also specifically says she didn't know she was using her powers on the bomb. She wasn't doing it intentionally.

I have no idea how anyone could watch this episode about Wanda learning the nature of her powers and come to the conclusion that she knew about her powers the whole time when we are very explicitly told that she definitely does not.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-26-2021 at 05:51 AM.

That in no way indicates spoilers:
    she somehow knew what the Infinity Stones were, that Hydra had one or that she could absorb it's power. She also specifically says she didn't know she was using her powers on the bomb. She wasn't doing it intentionally.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know why she would tell some evil witch that held her captive the truth about her powers. People of Earth know what an Infinity Stone is. They most likely have ancient knowledge of it like the sorcerers in Doctor Strange knew what the Eye of Agomotto was.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't know why she would tell some evil witch that held her captive the truth about her powers. People of Earth know what an Infinity Stone is. They most likely have ancient knowledge of it like the sorcerers in Doctor Strange knew what the Eye of Agomotto was.
    end of spoilers
    Zero god damn percent chance that spoilers:
    Wanda would know what an Infinity Stone is before the Avengers, who had encountered half of them by that point, did. Nothing in this episode indicates in any way she knew anything about the Infinity Stones, that Hydra even had one, or that she could absorb it's power. The Sorcerors know about them because they physically have one of them, there's no way Wanda in the middle of nowhere would have knowledge of them prior to encountering one.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gonna disagree, but you have an interesting take. For me, it looked like Wanda didn't know she used her powers, Agatha pointed out that she cast a hex; it seemed like child-Wanda was more desperate and wished for everything to be okay, unaware that she willed a change to happen. Thus, she and Pietro assumed that the bomb just malfunctioned. And she and Pietro signed up for the experiments because she had seen her family die and country torn apart by war - she wanted to change the world in any way she could.

That wasn't a "f*ck it" moment to me. She was standing in the skeleton of a broken home that the love of her life had purchased for her and their future family. Just before she'd seen his remains being surgically torn apart a week after she'd seen him die, twice. She's stated multiple times that she didn't know how she created the hex (to Agatha in this episode, "Fietro," and hex-Vision) and the nothingness (despair/grief) she felt when it all happened. She may have been conscious, as in awake, but I don't think she was conscious, as in aware, of what she was doing. Because grief can be consuming and fear blinding, etc.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

She wasn't told everything, that's for sure. Remember they lied to her.

How do you watch the spoilers:
    "Wanda figures out how her powers work" episode and come to the conclusion that Wanda always knew how her powers worked, when we are very explicitly told by the very premise of the episode that she doesn't.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    spoilers:
    Gonna disagree, but you have an interesting take. For me, it looked like Wanda didn't know she used her powers, Agatha pointed out that she cast a hex; it seemed like child-Wanda was more desperate and wished for everything to be okay, unaware that she willed a change to happen. Thus, she and Pietro assumed that the bomb just malfunctioned. And she and Pietro signed up for the experiments because she had seen her family die and country torn apart by war - she wanted to change the world in any way she could.

That wasn't a "f*ck it" moment to me. She was standing in the skeleton of a broken home that the love of her life had purchased for her and their future family. Just before she'd seen his remains being surgically torn apart a week after she'd seen him die, twice. She's stated multiple times that she didn't know how she created the hex (to Agatha in this episode, "Fietro," and hex-Vision) and the nothingness (despair/grief) she felt when it all happened. She may have been conscious, as in awake, but I don't think she was conscious, as in aware, of what she was doing. Because grief can be consuming and fear blinding, etc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Your speculations, which is what they are, makes it all seem coincidental, which is the main difference of my take. It was indeed a "f*ck it, I'm taking actions into my own hands" moment. Like I said in another response, she has no reason to tell people "Yes, I did this all." She's not telling them because they don't need to know, and she's not dumb.

You're take is that everything happened to her, and at no point in her life was she the conductor of any single thing.
    end of spoilers

How do you watch the spoilers:
    "Wanda figures out how her powers work" episode and come to the conclusion that Wanda always knew how her powers worked, when we are very explicitly told by the very premise of the episode that she doesn't.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You might be right if she never stepped out of the Hex and never expanded. The fact that she know that she is inside a place that she created and expands it at will, not emotionally, shows that she's not oblivious to having powers, and that she knows very well how her powers work. The episode was for you to find out how her powers work, not Wanda.
    end of spoilers

Ignore the cosmic rooster.

spoilers:
    You might be right if she never stepped out of the Hex and never expanded. The fact that she know that she is inside a place that she created and expands it at will, not emotionally, shows that she's not oblivious to having powers, and that she knows very well how her powers work. The episode was for you to find out how her powers work, not Wanda.
    end of spoilers
    The fact that she was conscious about the hex and expanded it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of what you're saying lol.