Page 512 of 774 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I don’t know if it’s been said, though on the SDCC Marvel panel Jordan D White said Wanda is not an X-character(obviously). So hopefully whatever comes out of Trial of Magneto it’s HoM will never be brought up again for Wanda and she can be used in Avenger comics or solo again without other writers having to worry about the baggage.
    What exactly was the context of him saying this? Does anyone have a full quote? I would like to read more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Comics' Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death
    https://gizmodo.com/marvel-comics-tr...han-1847352784

The article says Magneto adopted Wanda. He was only her sperm donor, and that link has been discredited.
    I think they were just trying to find a way to call him her father while also acknowledging the retcon, but yeah, adoptive is absolutely not the right word here. Should've just said ''previously believed to be father''.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The story seems a lot more magneto focused than I thought.
    Damn that really s*cks
    LOL. Was anyone expecting anything else? It's literally a story about Wanda being fridged. Magneto's man pain was always going to be the protagonist here. And Krakoa shenanigans too. So, at best... Wanda is the third priority in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just don't know why some of y'all are fighting so hard for Miss Thang to continue the rest of her days as a D list Avenger who only shows up in big events to shoot red wiggly woos in side blurry panels before disappearing back into limbo, when the X-Side could revive Wanda's whole character (literally) within the next 5 months. Y'all should be more openminded smoke some weed.
    This idea that the X-side can elevate Wanda to some A-list status is nothing but a myth. The character existed as a mutant and daughter of Magneto for most of her publication life... and when exacly did the X-Men did that for her before? Her biggest mutant story is House Of M... and I think every Wanda fan has already explained how that story isn't really about Wanda. And now the X-office is doing it AGAIN: using her to advance the story of mutants while not actually giving her any agency.

It's a fact that Wanda is only a relevant character in the comics because of the Avengers. It was THE franchise that actually developed her into the character fans know and love today. Her relationship with Vision, her mentorship with Agatha Harkness, her children, her status as a magic user, her connection to Chaos Magic/Chthon/Nexus Being, her backstory... everything comes from Avengers-related books. Even her family connection to Magneto did not come from an X-book, and they basically surfed on that wave when it became a popular story without ever making Wanda a main character on the X-Men side. X-Men's original idea for Wanda was introducing her as a mutant henchman for Magneto to abuse... and then Avengers came and did all the heavy lifting for the character development. It's not hard to see why so many Wanda fans prefer her on that side of the fence.

Also, Wanda was at her most mainstream due to the MCU, and guess what? They built her entire character there using ONLY Avengers lore, without a single mention of mutants or X-Men. That alone is proof that Wanda doesn't need the X-Men or mutants to be popular. It's true that the current Avengers editorial team in the comics is not doing a very good job with Wanda, but that doesn't suddenly make the X-office her savior.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-25-2021 at 01:41 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Maybe Wanda in the comics would be better off away from both the X-Men and the Avengers for a good while and be on another prominent team or do a team-up.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe Wanda in the comics would be better off away from both the X-Men and the Avengers for a good while and be on another prominent team or do a team-up.
    While in the past, I have enjoyed Wanda in X-Men and Avengers, I have been saying this for a while now.

Wanda can shine in another venue with us fans getting some good Wanda showings!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Huge applaud for this post.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Well, I think a lot of us, traditional fans or newer, would want to see the magical side of her expressed more, most likely not under a team's roof. Maybe a semi recurring role with Dr. Strange or anywhere that magic is more expressed in the stories.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Off the top of my head, here are my thoughts for Wanda's future.

What roles has Wanda done before? A team member, team leader, wife and mother, teacher and mentor. What basic role hasn't she done yet, and how would she slide into it?

In whatever series she will be, her use of magic should not always be front and center. Obviously it's her most defining aspect but it doesn't have to be in play in each and every issue. Wanda's had limited hand-to-hand combat and hasn't really needed to do so, but I would like to see that again.

In what would look like a move to pass her off from the mutants to other races, Wanda would do well to interact with Inhumans (with whom she's had experience thanks to Pietro and Crystal), Eternals, Deviants, Atlanteans, and perhaps even a race of synthezoids!

Wanda's chaos magic would be interesting to see interact with something you'd least expect, like technology, specifically steampunk technology. From my exposure to the different D&D settings magic is used very differently in different worlds; one world has magic fueling everyday objects from mass transportation to household chores to the point where it no longer seems out of the ordinary and is mainstream.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I wanted to see her on Cates' Midnight Sons team that he teased at the end of Damnation. But that never happened. I wouldn't mind a magic related book for a bit.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda should have series that has her face threats not even Strange can handle, but Wanda has to do dance in the dark to face them.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I would love to see her doing more of the mystic detective work she did in her solo run.

Off the top of my head, here are my thoughts for Wanda's future.

What roles has Wanda done before? A team member, team leader, wife and mother, teacher and mentor. What basic role hasn't she done yet, and how would she slide into it?

In whatever series she will be, her use of magic should not always be front and center. Obviously it's her most defining aspect but it doesn't have to be in play in each and every issue. Wanda's had limited hand-to-hand combat and hasn't really needed to do so, but I would like to see that again.

In what would look like a move to pass her off from the mutants to other races, Wanda would do well to interact with Inhumans (with whom she's had experience thanks to Pietro and Crystal), Eternals, Deviants, Atlanteans, and perhaps even a race of synthezoids!

Wanda's chaos magic would be interesting to see interact with something you'd least expect, like technology, specifically steampunk technology. From my exposure to the different D&D settings magic is used very differently in different worlds; one world has magic fueling everyday objects from mass transportation to household chores to the point where it no longer seems out of the ordinary and is mainstream.
    I feel like her magic hasn't really been explored enough, nor her connection to Chthon. It's touched on, but not deeply so.

Hand-to-hand has always been a last resort for her.

I'd love for her to get in touch with the Inhumans again. I don't think she'd have much in common with Deviants or Atlanteans. Some of that is too far out of her scope. She's ok with Namor, but not emphatically so.

I'd like to see her get in touch with her friends. Specifically I want her to have a conversation with She-Hulk. There is unresolved stuff there. I'd like for her and Hawkeye to have a friendship again. For her and Carol's friendship to be more than just a foot note. Her and Brother Voodoo's relationship actually explored, and for her to actually form a relationship with her spiritual sons that doesn't seem off panel.

She's been kept away from most interpersonal relationships. Even mostly from her brother. It's very odd for the character.

She was never an isolated type.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly wouldn't mind a Serpent Crown/Set related story with the Atlanteans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    What exactly was the context of him saying this? Does anyone have a full quote? I would like to read more about it.

I think they were just trying to find a way to call him her father while also acknowledging the retcon, but yeah, adoptive is absolutely not the right word here. Should've just said ''previously believed to be father''.

LOL. Was anyone expecting anything else? It's literally a story about Wanda being fridged. Magneto's man pain was always going to be the protagonist here. And Krakoa shenanigans too. So, at best... Wanda is the third priority in this book.

This idea that the X-side can elevate Wanda to some A-list status is nothing but a myth. The character existed as a mutant and daughter of Magneto for most of her publication life... and when exacly did the X-Men did that for her before? Her biggest mutant story is House Of M... and I think every Wanda fan has already explained how that story isn't really about Wanda. And now the X-office is doing it AGAIN: using her to advance the story of mutants while not actually giving her any agency.

It's a fact that Wanda is only a relevant character in the comics because of the Avengers. It was THE franchise that actually developed her into the character fans know and love today. Her relationship with Vision, her mentorship with Agatha Harkness, her children, her status as a magic user, her connection to Chaos Magic/Chthon/Nexus Being, her backstory... everything comes from Avengers-related books. Even her family connection to Magneto did not come from an X-book, and they basically surfed on that wave when it became a popular story without ever making Wanda a main character on the X-Men side. X-Men's original idea for Wanda was introducing her as a mutant henchman for Magneto to abuse... and then Avengers came and did all the heavy lifting for the character development. It's not hard to see why so many Wanda fans prefer her on that side of the fence.

Also, Wanda was at her most mainstream due to the MCU, and guess what? They built her entire character there using ONLY Avengers lore, without a single mention of mutants or X-Men. That alone is proof that Wanda doesn't need the X-Men or mutants to be popular. It's true that the current Avengers editorial team in the comics is not doing a very good job with Wanda, but that doesn't suddenly make the X-office her savior.
    I don't think this story has any intention of elevating Wanda. seems very the opposite, her dead body is just there to dvance Magneto story.

Wanda stated on a x-men book but then was quickly moved to Avengers, where she evelopped as charcter that we know. She never starred on a x-men book.
    All her relationships are on avengers and Magical side

I really don't get where people think that X-men books showed interest on elevate Wanda. her being killed is a huge appeal to x-men fans that hate Wanda;
    They gave to haters what they wanted.

I think that maybe there is some interest on making her a mutant again, but it has to do more with ego tan about wishing wanda to star on X-men books

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly, while on the Avengers side since HOM she managed to get some good stories, her solo series, No Surrender and No Road Home. The X-Side in the space of year have made her a naïve morn, a woman-child and a corpse. Yeah, so the X-Side is doing a better job how?
    This. They only show interest to belittle her and reset character development
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-25-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind a Serpent Crown/Set related story with the Atlanteans.
    So, and this is just an idea, Wanda control’s the flickering realm and Namor controls the Serpent Sea after Wanda defeats Set so Namor owes her for something later.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Maybe have Wanda and Namor form a friendship.

Neither have always been accepted and both often feel like "outsiders", even with those whom they should feel comfortable.

Not saying romantic involvement, but a friendship might be interesting indeed for both characters (whom I really like)!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Apparently the first wave of funkos for MoM leaked