Page 719 of 774 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Yet another reason to hate the show.
    Why? The Comic division choose to make it a factor when they could also choose not to, just like they can choose to use Wanda long ago before her MCU version is a thing.
    Creatively bankrupt authors being affected by a completely different media is not a fucking good excuse.

Extraordinary Member

Will you hate Magnus family ties as well, considering that is one factor that lead to House of M?

Extraordinary Member

The show is the same story the MCU had already done with Wanda twice before.

Wanda does something selfish due to emotional pain. Wanda is eventually forced to look at the harm her selfishness caused. Wanda tries to fix her mistake but the damage is already done. It's her plot in Age of Ultron. It's her plot in Infinity War. It's her plot in Wandavision. If the alleged leaks are truespoilers:
    then it's also her plot in MoM.
    end of spoilers

The MCU never did the work to establish Wanda/Vision as a ship. It went from in Civil War where he violates her boundaries, tries to lock her up, and hands her to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar to suddenly "true love". Adding a single scene of watching tv once doesn't counteract that they didn't respect Wanda enough to put in the work.

It's also of course another take of mental illness making someone dangerous.
    They also never bother to actually establish Magnus family as a real thing but there are so many fans who simply assume they have some kind of family relationship akin to their fanfics and fanarts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    "Wanda does something selfish" sounds like comic wanda in the comics to me, disassembled, m-day, empyre etc, tbh

In age of ultron she starts as a villain, like comic wanda did in the brotherhood, she did kill vision in infinity war and it was Captain America choice first to not sacrifice Vision and she did it but then thanos came with the time stone.

her plot in WandaVision which ins't perfect, shows us her being denial about the HEX, her past and at least her character has agency in a story that it's about her unlike her most well known story "HoM" where she barely appears and commits an horrible act.

Wanda and Vision relationship was hinted in Age Of Ultron, and it was obviously developed off panel since the just were secondary characters in the movies so i don't get this critizing.
    While it's not stated enough. AoU Wanda/Pietro are rioters who want a better future for their own homeland free of Western imperialist influence, Steve even think they are similar to himself that way.
    But they later shy away from that because that would probably frame Tony Stark more as a warmonger.(MCU still has this problem recently with Flag Smashers, and Killmonger they simply refuse to actually address their points but instead making them do some murderous **** so all of their intentions are invalid.)
    Only the most reductive thinking would lead to the conclusion MCU Wanda is just selfish and **** things up lol.

Extraordinary Member

It's sad that this new feminist way of portray powerful female characters in the comics, say carol's captain marvel, jane thor etc, doesn't include wanda at all.
    There is no one "feminist" way of portray female characters. If anything writing them as real human beings with their own agency is the baseline that would count.

The problem though is probably anything outside of the girl boss territory is kinda hard to write for some writers. Basically they can only write some radically "not like other girls" ****.(Kamala is kinda the exception I think, there are others, but Wanda is kinda associated with all kinds of outdated tropes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's a bit more than that. Like all/most classic 60's heroines, she's filled with very feminine archetypes. You can see how Jean, Sue and Janet also don't get anything from Marvel's feminism/female empowerment stuff. Jean and Sue at least get to have regular appearances in their franchise though.
    Oh I see what you mean. They don't really work as the ultra badass quipping type of character. Also it's really odd how feminine traits are seen as not desirable, you'd think Marvel would try to show that both types heroines are completely ok

Esquire magazine has named Wandavision their top tv show of the year:
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...tv-shows-2021/

Let me tell it to you straight: there is no show that encapsulates the past year better than WandaVision. Following Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany in their respective roles as Wanda and Vision, what started as Marvel's first made-for-TV outing ended up being a beautiful meditation on grief and sadness. Also, one hell of a nod to TV history. But beyond the surface level compliments (and the much-deserved praise of the brilliant Kathryn Hahn), WandaVision takes the top spot because it captured a piece of our humanity that we haven't quite been able to fully vocalize on our own as we deal with These Times.

Coming off the events of Endgame, Olsen's Wanda offers a look into a society rebounding from the mass grief of having life as it was known twisted apart. We get that. We've lost loved ones. We were pushed through trauma. We buried our sadness in the comfort of television, and at times, we distanced ourselves from the world we regularly inhabit, simply so that we could adequately take care of ourselves. In the future, WandaVision will be a conduit into our own psyches, and the pitch perfect performances from Bettany, Hahn, and Olsen will remind us of a time when it was more comfortable to look into the TV than it was out of our own windows. When TV has the capacity to tell our stories better than we know how, you know something poignantly special has happened.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If You want to see the leaked Images here

https://mobile.twitter.com/Non_Royal...70844874018818
    Can someone do a summary of this issue with spoilers? I wanna know what happens but I honestly just don't want to read this book. LOL

I don't think it's fair to blame the show unless we find out Kevin Feige is forcing the comics to follow his lead. Marvel Comics is its own division and should be responsible for their own content.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

1st Quick Thoughts on Trail of Magneto #$;

spoilers:
    I enjoyed it much more then I did 3 issue, it had more meat in development and even gave explanation to the some points left questioning from issue 3 which I had hoped, it is also setting up some more interesting points I hope will get more developed and finished in issue 5 like this one did for 3. It has still questioning points, but it seems they might have a chance to get answered in the last issue so long as the writer desires to which with how this issued flowed I hope Leah does. This is really a book that is a cereal story that builds on the last issues, it is mostly better when the story is all together likely when we are done with all the issues.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I wonder what else can happen in the final issue cause it feels like the story should have ended in this issue ( the murderer of wanda plot seems irrelevant now tbh)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I wonder what else can happen in the final issue cause it feels like the story should have ended in this issue ( the murderer of wanda plot seems irrelevant now tbh)
    Parts of it have that feeling but their is still story to run in IMO the more important other parts, so per that I am glad it is not;

spoilers:
    What I hope is the end to the action scenes cause those IMO take up to much time and lack critical character development we need for Wanda and Krokoa, I am hope for issue 5 that is is just this with little to no action to just focus on the developments. Their are set-up IMO for interesting possibilities here, but Leah should give her full time in executing them for issue 5 and no wasting time in action scenes, I hope too see and read, we have to wait and see.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

WandaVision got nominated for the satellite awards

Paul's vision also got nominated for best comedian/musical actor
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-01-2021 at 07:51 AM.

I feel this issue would have been better if they had put time into some of these areas before hand. Also me & old lady Wanda got beef I don't understand why she's choosing to look that old wearing that outfit!!! You better Tsunade this **** TF!!

Trash of Magneto continues to be well Trash. So far nothing about this is remotely going to redeem Wanda in the eyes of mutants, especially as now the Kaiju attack was apparently her fault (like everything is). At least it will all be over next issue and hopefully we can all move on

I'm convinced now Pietro is the killer he's been absent since issue 2 it's gotta be him. IdK why but I am convinced.