Page 774 of 774 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774
Results 11,596 to 11,598 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Happy new year y'all, who would say that Wanda just needed a series to be globally popular as she is now, hoping for better things to happen to her in the books in this 2022

Also this new official lego image

Thanks, This is Great More Positive showing for our Wanda in MoM!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    To the end of the year a little summery of mine:

I stopped reading comics for 3 months (Marvel and DC alike). That turned out to be a good decision. Because Oh Boy have things been moving at a glacial pace. Gives me an idea how reading the “Children’s Crusade” in real time must have felt like.

To put that on the table, only to throw it off again: Darkhold. What a tremendous disappointment. I already feared that she wouldn’t be much in the stories of the individual heroes, but that was … nothing. Also, while surely it will work out in the end, right now it looks like another screw-up by her. Every single hero she recruited succumbed to the darkness. I thought she would give them guidance with experience and such. Instead she was basically: ”Read in it, but don’t read too much, Bye!”

On the other side, especially with the timing of the last issue, “Trail of Magneto” was like a Christmas miracle to me. I am not saying that Wanda is generally better off on the X-Side, just that this was a pleasant surprise for me. There is a rational explanation for it though: Hickman has left the X-comics. Good Riddance. Maybe in the long run this will lead to the X-Men written like … people? Still we have stuff like the “Council of Villains”. To no big surprise they voted against Wanda’s resurrection. Which begs the question, everyone who did so, after human laws, should be trialed for what? Murderer? Accomplice in Murderer, Neglected Assistance? Emma Frost is a horrible person as always, but when did Storm became cold-hearted? What I really liked is that after the little Kaiju – Crises, it showed the vast majority of mutants as the mindless, violent mob they are. At the same time, it’s nice to see a bit more than Avanger’s and “Family Members” willing to defend Wanda. Also, while completely unintentional, it served as a great power-demonstration of Wanda. She could bring the place down, there is nothing the X-Men could do about it. I don’t think the Mutants deserve Wanda’s Gift, but if it puts her guilt over M-Day to rest, good for her!

The scenes with Steven and Janet were fine, but Carol not even bothering to show up makes no sense to me. Normally I would also expect Doctor Strange, but if he is currently dead that would make an acceptable excuse. But he totally needs to make up for that! Given the weird on / off friendship, I would at least expect something from Rogue. But then again, she was hardly in the story at all. The non-reaction from Magik bothers me. In the recent years I considered her at least to be teammates, if not even friends with Wanda.

In memory restoring, the “greatest hits” was stupid, anyone who knows Wanda would have a verry different selection. As others pointed out, the mutants shouldn’t even know about Wanda being the cause of the Zombie debacle (For real Hickman, but no one there to break the fourth Wall). At least Rachel and maybe Jean Grey were showing compassion towards Wanda.
    Nice callback to Hope’s friendship with Wanda. Apparently Hope needed to no convincing to resurrect Wanda.

I don’t like the monologue about Magneto, from Wanda even: “Ohh, he is full of rage, but that comes from love!” Nonsense. Magento is full of hatred because he is a racist. As simple as that. I do think Magento is an extraordinary character, and the road to redemption is always open for him. But nice-talking him isn’t gonna cut it.

What I did like was the “sisterly” moment between Wanda and Lorna. It makes at least a bit more sense that “fatherly” with Magneto. I have been waiting for something like this again for a few years. Not as long as since that X-Factor issue was out, because back then I didn’t knew Wanda, or at least not really in the comics, but still.

The word “Pretender” was used one last time, still as nonsensical as the first time. Good Riddance as well. Wanda’s new symbol (or even Sigil?) looks great. That last page with it could be promo for a new solo. Nothing concrete, but one can dream.

The end of the year also had a “Gift” for all those who said the next Doctor Strange Movie will be Doctor Strange helping to clean up Wanda’s mess. From the Trailer it looks rather the other way round, doesn’t it?

With regards to Wanda I’ll probably go back to hibernation until the next official promotional material of “Multiverse of Madness” comes out. I wanted to post this earlier, but turns out catching up with a few hundred pages of Wanda Thread takes some time. I wish every Wanda-Fan a happy new year!
    This Was Very Well thought out and put together post Probability010, Honestly I can't say enough with each point you made how informative and thought provoking your points where, Great Final Thoughts of Wanda 2021!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Talking Too Our Wanda & 2021!!!