Page 395 of 774 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 11598
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's almost as if there are people who have complicated relationships with their parents!
    She didn't know he was her parent for most her life. He was her abuser. And she defined him as that for most of her existence. The story absolves the abuser and suggests that her going to him is good. When in real life. It's the abused child apologizing to the person who abused them and it supposed to be romanticized.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    She didn't know he was her parent for most her life. He was her abuser. And she defined him as that for most of her existence. The story absolves the abuser and suggests that her going to him is good. When in real life. It's the abused child apologizing to the person who abused them and it supposed to be romanticized.
    I agree. Parent is definitely a stretch when it comes to Magneto. She was an adult and married by the time the connection was made. He was her manipulator. Nothing more. Django was her father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Huh? Are you talking about what happened today? Cause Erik is the one who admits to have failed her, and says he's gonna try to make things right. The only time Wanda apologizes is like a casual one about missing the party.

why are their crotches so close together on the splash
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want them to make things right with Wanda and the X-Side like making her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, and either letting her fix M-Day or help out in another way like she tried in Empyre... But then move on with her life with her own stuff, like magic-related and/or going back to the Avengers, instead of being made an X-Men character.
    Honestly this is exactly what I wanted since the entire Krakoa era started.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So it's either crap or nothing, lol. Great. I feel so much better.
    Being a mutant does not equal being crap
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Being a mutant does not equal being crap
    Her being reduced to child-like and limited to a side where she has no relationships and nothing of her own is crap. Being a mutant is just unnecessary. She already has chaos magic.

Her being reduced to child-like and limited to a side where she has no relationships and nothing of her own is crap. Being a mutant is just unnecessary. She already has chaos magic.
    Spoken like a bigoted flatscan! Mutants have more fun. Plus Wanda being a mutant makes HoM make more sense. Her not being one makes that outright villainous instead of tragic.

Spoken like a bigoted flatscan! Mutants have more fun. Plus Wanda being a mutant makes HoM make more sense. Her not being one makes that outright villainous instead of tragic.
    We are all "flatscans." Mutants don't really exist. I never said being a mutant is bad. HoM makes no sense for Wanda anyway. Neither did Disassembled so it doesn't matter.

Incredible Member

Huh? Are you talking about what happened today? Cause Erik is the one who admits to have failed her, and says he's gonna try to make things right. The only time Wanda apologizes is like a casual one about missing the party.
    She shouldn't be seeing him at all. Let alone all sad and sorry. If she sorry go speak to someone else, not the man who pimped her out.

I think it was a very sweet moment, she also spoilers:
    has a cameo in Way of X (she's dancing with Magneto)
    end of spoilers

I hope whatever happens to her it's for good... and to be fair they're actually doing something with her unlike her home-franchise... i still don't get this, how you have one of the most popular shows and characters in the world for months and don't do nothing with all that hype in the comic world

i hope they let her do something to help mutakind like she tried in the empyre mini, (her spell worked but brought them back as zombies, with the mutants helps i guess that that wouldn't happen this time lol) even thought she already helped when she and Hope banished the phoenix and more mutants were created...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-23-2021 at 12:02 PM.

So Wanda will never live down certain fans' hatred of her. Okay.
    And no, I am at peace with her/Pietro's current status as not really mutants and possibly not really genetically aligned with Magneto. I could see that as High Evo guy experimented to create 'artificial mutants' there is a possibility that he had access to Magneto's DNA - these folks were all in proximity to each other.

Plus throw in Sinister who had dealings with H.E.
    My point

I see current issues of X Men Krakoa era, etc. And it seems like Magneto, who once killed Jean Grey

is well thought of compared to the never really daughter. I suggest fans of this are hypocrites.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

We are all "flatscans." Mutants don't really exist. I never said being a mutant is bad. HoM makes no sense for Wanda anyway. Neither did Disassembled so it doesn't matter.
    Since when do mental breakdowns have to make sense? Any given character could suffer one and do something drastic the same way Wanda did. She should be given grace for that, considering the circumstances.

Since when do mental breakdowns have to make sense? Any given character could suffer one and do something drastic the same way Wanda did. She should be given grace for that, considering the circumstances.
    Because she already knew her children weren't real before this story.... and she wasn't the one that wanted children badly. Vision did. It didn't go with continuity. So why should it start now? Her mental breakdown was also actually possession.

Extraordinary Member

I want them to make things right with Wanda and the X-Side like making her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, and either letting her fix M-Day or help out in another way like she tried in Empyre... But then move on with her life with her own stuff, like magic-related and/or going back to the Avengers, instead of being made an X-Men character.
    Yes, that's where I stand too. I thought it was a nice scene, and I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that Magneto was her father for long enough that they are still "related" in that sense. And that applies even more to being a mutant, which is obviously a much bigger part of her history than being Magneto's daughter.

But since she's not being used on the Avengers side and hasn't been used there in years, it gives me a sinking feeling that she's being used as a plot point in X-Men books, even after her show proved definitively that she doesn't need to be Magneto's daughter to be popular. It depresses me that Marvel still thinks people don't want to read about her in any other form.