Page 606 of 774 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 11598

Marvel Studios Scores Its First Emmys With ‘WandaVision’
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/w...in-1235055187/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Studios Scores Its First Emmys With ‘WandaVision’
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/w...in-1235055187/
    That's some good news

Andy Park conceptual art

Extraordinary Member

This must be what Elizabeth Olsen was referring to when she said they originally wanted a more realistic look for her Halloween costume and she preferred to wear the classic Scarlet Witch outfit instead.

This would make the "Sokovian fortune teller" line make a little more sense though.

Also as you see in the concept art, Billy is dressed in a way that's more of a shout-out to Thor (who could still exist in a world without Marvel superheroes) and also a shout-out to his "Asgardian" identity in the comics. In the final version he's just dressed like Wiccan.

E_FxAtDVQAIIatC.jpg
    Wandavision picture

I'm glad they avoided that unfortunate costume.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

WandaVision has won another emmy for outstanding original music and Lyrics for 'Agatha All Along'

Also today people been running around with a screenshot without source saying that Wanda is the villain and that strange and other mages will decide between putting her down or persuade her, some "scoopers" using it for clout as well (not that danielrpk person)

I guess that till MoM drops we're going to have to deal with these scoopers and people saying that wanda is a villain or will die because of that in MoM...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-12-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So happy about the WandaVision Emmy wins! Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Andy Park conceptual art
    Yup. Just like Elizabeth Olsen said: they wanted Wanda to look like a g-word, but then she asked for them to change it. She messed up by saying the word, but she actually did them a favor by making them avoid this, because let's be real: that would've made the fortune teller line sound 10 times more problematic. Putting a white actress on a stereotypical romani look while claiming to be a fortune teller would've been BAD for them.

Also, Andy Park straight-up said Marvel wanted him to draw her like a g-word. And he said the word too, unfiltered. That just goes to show how pretty much everyone involved is unaware of how offensive this is to some people, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-12-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision has won another emmy for outstanding original music and Lyrics for 'Agatha All Along'

Also today people been running around with a screenshot without source saying that Wanda is the villain and that strange and other mages will decide between putting her down or persuade her, some "scoopers" using it for clout as well (not that danielrpk person)

I guess that till MoM drops we're going to have to deal with these scoopers and people saying that wanda is a villain or will die because of that in MoM...
    I will buy some clown wigs and suits and mail them to those jokers for free after the movie comes out I guess.

The whole thing about putting Wanda down sounds like people just read House Of M and decided that needed to happen in the MCU too. And that's the thing: so many people are expecting DSITMOM to be her ''HOM'', but I don't think they realize they already did that story on WandaVision. There were literal HOM panels on the writers' room of WV. The Hex in Westview giving Wanda her ''perfect life'' was pretty much supposed to be a stand-in for the HOM reality. But because WandaVision wasn't a fanservice show that gave people the mutant/multiverse story they wanted, they are now projecting all of their wishes and hopes onto DSITMOM to be that story. But Marvel Studios is unlikely to try and adapt the same story twice.

Plus, it makes zero sense for Wanda to deliberately be the villain right after WandaVision when her whole story there ended with her accepting that she needs to learn how to use her powers so she wouldn't hurt people anymore. The show ended with her literally doing the selfless, right thing. IF she ends up being the villain by any chance, then the only scenario I can accept that happening is one where she ends up possessed by Chthon after reading the Darkhold or something like that. Anything other than that would feel like a set back to the character after WandaVision.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly would want a more nuanced take on Darkhold, instead of just an evil book and makes people evil. Seriously, are people just too unimaginative to come up with anything else?

And of course I want Wanda having direct conflict with Chthon, instead of making her a boss for everyone else to fight. Chthon should be her struggle not others' action piece.
    I would not mind Wanda being cornered into situations to use some of Darkhold's knowledge she would otherwise not use. Like invoking Chthon or its kin's power to repell Shuma-Gorath or something. And she will deal with the aftermath herself in the next project.(Hopefully a solo.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I will buy some clown wigs and suits and mail them to those jokers for free after the movie comes out I guess.
    I hope so, also this is the source of that "leak"

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/excl...ternal-battle/

The same site that confirmed a solo movie for Bloodsport but James Gunn said No on twitter lol
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-12-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I hope so, also this is the source of that "leak"

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/excl...ternal-battle/

The same site that confirmed a solo movie for Bloodsport but James Gunn said No on twitter lol
    Lack of a proper reading comprehension could also be an issue here. 'Cause if you actually read this scoop, you'll see they don't say at any point Wanda will be a villain. They say she will put the multiverse in danger, but that's not necessarily because of something she's doing on purpose. It could be this is a result of something she did with the Darkhold trying to save her kids. There's a difference between doing something bad inadvertently and doing something bad because you want to watch the world burn. I think Wanda is a lot more likely to do the former than the latter. So even IF the scoop is right, it doesn't confirm Wanda will be THE villain of the film. I find much more likely that she will be there as a source of conflict, but ultimately she will save the day alongside the other heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I don't want her as the cause of conflict either, I want her to be a participant than source of drama and everye else will be commenting about if she deserves to live yadi yada.
    Like being a piece of meat and others are arguing over who gets the cut. It just feels wrong.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-12-2021 at 08:21 PM.