Page 618 of 774 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The reason I don't want her reset is because of her spiritual sons. And it'd make it weird for her to be the same age as them. I hope Marvel doesn't do something that weird. Her being back to before Vision and the Scarlet Witch will also be awkward for Vision. I prefer if they just have her fix her mistakes and not just erase them.
    I see no point on erasing a lot of Wanda development

There is no need to reset Wanda, its called character development for a reason.
    Whether Wanda had a breakdown or was possessed it is now part of her history, her past isn't going anywhere, it's now time to move on and make Wanda the hero that we all know she is.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Remender just didn't understand how Wanda's powers worked (tbf, a lot of writers don't), so he wrote Luminous as being able to tap into Chaos Magic because of that. He just wanted her to ''be like Wanda'', but didn't really know the distinction between Wanda's magic/mutant powers, so he went with the only thing he knew about. I don't think it matters anyway, because Luminous is not really a relevant character. The chances of her coming back and having any major role on Chaos Magic lore are slim to none.
    I think she doesn't have Chaos magic, she only thinks she does. She probably has probability Manipulation but not actual Chaos Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    So I would expect if Wanda does stay pre losing tommy and billy that she would at least look back at the history logs and although heartbroken learn from and cope with the past/ future. However I think that's all moot- I think there will end up being 2 or 3 versions of Wanda - resurrected, cerebro 's and maybe a Krakoan reborn Wanda. I think that- however many - they will all merge to one with a greater understanding of her past and of magic and hopefully psychologically healed. The nice thing is that although we all have our views we all love her and want her healed. Personally I loved her both as a mutant or not a mutant so I am personally fine with whatever her status is as long she leaves the baggage behind and heals and is able to go toward. I personally prefer she be all 3 healed into one with full knowledge and memories. If she happens to be 22-25ish but retains all memories and knowledge then that's a win. Youth with all the experience and knowledge:-)
    Or she could go mad again and do another Disassembled, since somehow forgetting she had kids and then relearning it caused that trainwreck in he first place (which was still never explained) Also I don't see how deaging her by less than five years is going to change anything, she was roughly 24-25 in the 90's, so given the sliding timescale and other characters recorded ages, she probably hasn't even reached 30 yet. The idea of two Wandas is interesting though one can be the proper Wanda and be with the Avengers and the other can be Daddy's girl and stay with Magneto and therefore the X-Side and Avengers side of a Wanda to play. Especially as the X-Side seems to be writing a completely different character
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-18-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think the two or more Wandas are just for this story and in the end she will be whole again with the difference that her relation to the X-side would be better or at least thats what Leah is getting at but she will keep being an Avengers office character so her main storylines will be over there.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Or she could go mad again and do another Disassembled, since somehow forgetting she had kids and then relearning it caused that trainwreck in he first place (which was still never explained) Also I don't see how deaging her by less than five years is going to change anything, she was roughly 24-25 in the 90's, so given the sliding timescale and other characters recorded ages, she probably hasn't even reached 30 yet. The idea of two Wandas is interesting though one can be the proper Wanda and be with the Avengers and the other can be Daddy's girl and stay with Magneto and therefore the X-Side and Avengers side of a Wanda to play. Especially as the X-Side seems to be writing a completely different character
    My theory is that fake Wanda is a failed attempt by the Five to resurrect her. The body has no problems but the consciousness does. The Five already did a resurrection without the Council's previous approvement (Gabby) that turned out fine, but this one turned it wrong and that's why Hope is acting mysterious. Real Wanda is in the astral plane.

Once she finish her, uhm, I don't know what she is doing, but once she finish her stuff in the astral plane, she can came back and self implant her already alive consciousness in the duplicate without Cerebro, as Legion did, gaining all her memories and being herself again. When Legion resurrected himself, Charles didn't want to implant his memories because he's scared of David, but Legion just used his immense powers to do it himself. Maybe Wanda will do something similar. It's either that, or resurrecting herself in body and soul. That would mean that there would be two Wandas and IDK how that is going to be solved. Maybe she will reabsorb her dupe a la Jaime Madrox (?!) lol or whatever idea Marvel would came up with.

But that's just a theory. The story is being kind of a mess so, who knows what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    My theory is that fake Wanda is a failed attempt by the Five to resurrect her. The body has no problems but the consciousness does. The Five already did a resurrection without the Council's previous approvement (Gabby) that turned out fine, but this one turned it wrong and that's why Hope is acting mysterious. Real Wanda is in the astral plane.

Once she finish her, uhm, I don't know what she is doing, but once she finish her stuff in the astral plane, she can came back and self implant her already alive consciousness in the duplicate without Cerebro, as Legion did, gaining all her memories and being herself again. When Legion resurrected himself, Charles didn't want to implant his memories because he's scared of David, but Legion just used his immense powers to do it himself. Maybe Wanda will do something similar. It's either that, or resurrecting herself in body and soul. That would mean that there would be two Wandas and IDK how that is going to be solved. Maybe she will reabsorb her dupe a la Jaime Madrox (?!) lol or whatever idea Marvel would came up with.

But that's just a theory. The story is being kind of a mess so, who knows what will happen.
    That's what I'm thinking. The Wanda back is just a clone made using the resurrection protocols and the old Cebebro backup; conveniently they never said how old the backup was; which in itself raises questions. The real Wanda is... well wherever she is fighting against the cloaked figure with the dagger. At the end either both Wandas are going to be around, which is unlikely; but more than likely the real Wanda will take back control of her body and the clone will no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda will be in IDW’s Avengers book in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here is the cover to Marvel Action Avengers 1
    Attachment 113822

https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...engers-2021-1/
    Unfortunately, it's just been revealed that Marvel have yanked IDW's license, so it's been cancelled.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...l-action-line/

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda Avengers Forever variant by Dauterman

She looks gorgeous. I hope this means she plays a big role there
    OK, when are all of these from? The one with short hair is Force Works era, as that's the look she had in the Iron Man cartoon which was based on that team. The one with a fringe cut into her hair next to her is Ultimate, and the one to the right of her is modern Wanda. I see a couple of early costumes there, and a similar one that's more recent, I'm thinking late 90s? One also has the standard X uniform, but when was Wanda ever in the X-Men? It's not even how she would've looked if she'd joined the X-Men instead of the Avengers in the 60s, as she'd have had a cowl, like Jean Grey did, if so.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-18-2021 at 08:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, it's just been revealed that Marvel have yanked IDW's license, so I won't be surprised if this doesn't see the light of day. Even if it does, it's now a one-shot.

OK, when are all of these from? The one with short hair is Force Works era, as that's the look she had in the Iron Man cartoon which was based on that team. The one with a fringe cut into her hair next ton her is Ultimate, and the one to the right of her is modern Wanda. I see a couple of early costumes there, and a similar one that's more recent, I'm thinking late 90s? One also has the standard X uniform, but when was Wanda ever in the X-Men? It's not even how she would've looked if she'd joined the X-Men instead of the Avengers in the 60s, as she'd have had a cowl, like Jean Grey did, if so.
    The one in the X-men uniform is AOA Wanda.

1. Dark Scarlet Witch
    2. Force Works
    3. Ultimate Scarlet Witch (Ultimates)
    4. Mordern (Wada Wanda)
    5. Avengers (60's-80's)
    6. First Appearance/Early Avengers
    7. Olivier Coipel Design
    8. Classic Modern Take
    9. Transian
    10. Crossing
    11. Heroes Return
    12. Chthon Possessed
    13. Ultimate Scarlet Witch (Ultimate X-men)
    14. AOA Wanda
    15. Uncanny Avengers
    16. Uncanny Avengers Vol 2.
    17. Neo Classic (Alan Davis)
    18. HOM Wanda

Thanks for that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Unfortunately, it's just been revealed that Marvel have yanked IDW's license, so it's been cancelled.

OK, when are all of these from? The one with short hair is Force Works era, as that's the look she had in the Iron Man cartoon which was based on that team. The one with a fringe cut into her hair next to her is Ultimate, and the one to the right of her is modern Wanda. I see a couple of early costumes there, and a similar one that's more recent, I'm thinking late 90s? One also has the standard X uniform, but when was Wanda ever in the X-Men? It's not even how she would've looked if she'd joined the X-Men instead of the Avengers in the 60s, as she'd have had a cowl, like Jean Grey did, if so.
    The X-Men costume is from Age of Apocalypse

Storylines involving magic, time travel and multiverses often end up being messes unfortunately. I'm glad that Wanda is trying to understand the rules of magic (a subject that's very near and dear to my heart, although most Scarlet Witch fans don't appear especially interested in it)!

That's pretty sad. Hopefully Marvel create another line of fun kids comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think this also. All 3 will merge magically. However if Wanda's reset is right before Byrne's destruction then she will have a bond with the kids. She will never not know what happened as the history logs are there and she can learn from it and see what issues she may need to address. Anyhow I think she will be intact memory wise. Still say a few years shaved off with the wisdom kept is a blessing. I'd love it personally lol. Also thx Albert1981- that kind response meant a lot. I wouldnt mind a reset either if she can maintain her understanding and growth and also retain the bond with the boys. HOWEVER judging from issue #4"s cover I think she will merge all 3 into one- each representing in important part of her - and 'reset' but with all knowledge memories etc intact but somehow at peace with herself and the mutant community. Again I am enjoying (again off that can change) this series and have hope and optimism.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-18-2021 at 04:11 PM.