Page 662 of 774 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    People really need to let HoM story line go. Wanda is powerful, but she can use that power to advance her own set goals, not using them to achieve the goals of others. Making her be a pretty puppet it disgusting.
    God forbid Wanda could use her powers for good

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nothing to do w/ women, Jean who is very similar to wanda has her own similar story in Phoenix adapted twice now and in ways it was very much Jean focused and she wasn't pushed aside.

That's the only story they know, Wanda's biggest impact on the MU has been HoM and nothing else comes close.That and people wanting mutants make her the perfect person to pin fan theories on.Not saying it's right but there's a reason and it's no her gender or people targetting her character.It's lack of knowledge of the character.
    Jean and Wanda's stories are not the same. Jean had narrative. Wanda was used as a plot device. Not even close.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Grace is not. She got into a fight with the director of Birds of Prey about her rumors on that film. And still tried to claim she was right and the director was wrong. It's only entertaining how wild she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    She also gives wrong info and some yikes takes.
    lol, I remember watching a video where she was up in arms about a 'comedy writer' doing script re-touches on Black Widow only for said 'comedy writer' to turn out to be Jac Schaeffer who made WandaVision the number #1 streaming show.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It seems kind of unlikely, doesn't it, that they'd keep Agatha around for future projects but not Wanda?

Again, I can't say definitively that the "insiders" are wrong (though I'm pretty sure they're all getting their information from the same source, whoever that may be). Just that their description doesn't sound like it makes any sense at all, either based on what happened in "WandaVision," or future MCU plans, or even the crew merchandise. So either they're wrong or they're giving us a garbled version of a story that actually does make sense for Wanda.

Usually MCU decisions, while not always right, are not totally insane. The one time they did something I found completely illogical was that they never brought Vision back in "Endgame" after clearly setting up that he was going to become White Vision... and then it happened, they just saved it for the show. I'm also worried but I also think Feige is smart enough to know that most people like Wanda and don't want her to be what these leakers seem to want her to be.
    I think we will know Wanda's future once Dr Strange 2 comes out. I'm hoping it leads to a mini series based on Robinson's Scarlet Witch series and maybe Agatha gets to show up there as an ally. Or she could be background mentor figure for Billy and Tommy and show up in a Young Avengers project.

Agatha is a break out character they probably had no plans for initially. There is loads of potential in filling out her backstory and figuring out what happened to her after WV ended. Plus world building since Agatha is first bona fide witch we saw in the MCU, different from Dr Strange's magical world and came from a coven of witches. Could serve as a backdoor to introduce characters like Morgan Le Fay or the Midnight Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    She gets things right sometimes, like a Zatanna movie being a thing. I find it odd how the leaks from MOM are 80/20 Wanda/Strange, i even saw a supposed leaked concept art of her and Agatha fighting
    DC is less spoiler proof than Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    Good god almighty those people are OBSESSED with House Of M.

"Doctor strange 2 will lead into house of m".
    "the next avengers movie will be a house of m adaptation".
    "if she gets another show it'll be a house of m series".

can't they think of anything else lol
    My god yesss people are so obsessed with it, and I don't know why the keep bringing HoM as the next Wanda story, the mutants does not even exist in the MCU how in hell is HoM going to happen lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    My god yesss people are so obsessed with it, and I don't know why the keep bringing HoM as the next Wanda story, the mutants does not even exist in the MCU how in hell is HoM going to happen lmao
    Well some of them now seem to have hooked themselves on to the idea Wanda will say "no more superheroes" instead of "no more mutants" and that apparently it would be a fantastic idea, even though that's pretty much what the mcu was in the beginning.
    Last edited by Scarlet Wiccan; 10-08-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Nothing to do w/ women, Jean who is very similar to wanda has her own similar story in Phoenix adapted twice now and in ways it was very much Jean focused and she wasn't pushed aside.

That's the only story they know, Wanda's biggest impact on the MU has been HoM and nothing else comes close.That and people wanting mutants make her the perfect person to pin fan theories on.Not saying it's right but there's a reason and it's no her gender or people targetting her character.It's lack of knowledge of the character.
    I would say gender does play a factor, sure it's mainly the lack of knowledge which makes her a kinda unique case but the tropes that put her into that place is more common with female character.
    And the first Dark Phoenix movie adaption isn't exactly about Jean, the main perspective is still Wolverine and there are way more emphasis on him killing the woman he loved to save stuff.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-08-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Unfortunately MCU Wanda just suffers from a fractured "fanbase" that all want different things in "service" of her character. "Fanbase" because there are some that only see Wanda as a device to usher in their missing favs and have no interest in her own arc as long as it gets them the characters they want. Tbh I mostly ignore these takes because the X-men and other popular characters will enter the MCU no matter what down the line, nothings being taken away from these "fans" if it isn't Wanda who "breaks the multiverse" to summon them - cause if it happens she sure as hell will be blamed for it.

Then there's the split between between fans who like Wanda for the power fantasy she represents (power no matter the cost) and those that like her in spite of it (inner strength at a cost to oneself). People either want an unhinged, unchained Wanda that lets loose a torrent of fury and show everyone true power unparalleled or a Wanda that battles to keep that rampaging torrent at bay to great personal cost, but gets to move forward with her life as a hero. And honestly it's understandable that there is a divide - and I think most people fall somewhere in the middle (with leanings toward one or the other).

I think there is definitely space for an anti-hero Wanda, especially with her overall arc within the MCU. Wanda is a woman that has been discounted, discarded, and suffered tremendous loss. While she remains compassionate and empathetic, she ultimately sees the world in more distinct grays and understands that she must be the champion for her own happiness. In a world that would rather discard their heroes than extend a hand when they're in need. She's found purpose and no longer seeks to walk the path as one of Earth's selfless heroes. She has the power to break the rules within a corrupt system, and seeks to help people and dispense justice in ways only her power can shape. Now how does she tow that line without giving up too much of herself, she draws the eyes of demons both mystical and mundane, does she dance by their design or have they fallen into her hex. While most of that is a bunch of gibberish, I just think a Wanda that finds agency in her power and doesn't fall victim to it can be a compelling character that, more often than not, finds herself allied with the "good guys" but knows when the ish needs to get done (and make good on her aims to do so).

It's just way easy to succumb to things you are put through. It is much more inspiring for her to have more perseverance, like she use to have before Bendis got a hold of her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would say gender does play a factor, sure it's mainly the lack of knowledge which makes her a kinda unique case but the tropes that put her into that place is more common with female character.
    And the first Dark Phoenix movie adaption isn't exactly about Jean, the main perspective is still Wolverine and there are way more emphasis on him killing the woman he loved to save stuff.
    Yep, writers and fans seem to disregard Wanda from anything feminist. She's not protected at all from lack of progression.

Extraordinary Member

Jean and Wanda's stories are not the same. Jean had narrative. Wanda was used as a plot device. Not even close.
    That's the point.I'm saying it's not all characters but just Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The second one was entirely Jeans show and the first one(and all FOX movies) still had decent amount of Jean.

Because such stories(how many are there btw) are written w/ female character.It's bad but done decades ago and unfortunately it's Wanda's biggest and most popular thing.

Yep, writers and fans seem to disregard Wanda from anything feminist. She's not protected at all from lack of progression.
    I'd agree.It's just Wanda too, everyone else gets much better treatment.

That's the point.I'm saying it's not all characters but just Wanda.
    Yes, which is part of my surprise of why Wanda escapes the recent push for progression.

Managed to get Darkhold Alpha yesterday and overall I liked it. It was great to see Wanda being the big good and most of the characters were done well, though I didn't like Spidey's "Didn't you date a robot?" line, acting like that's the only thing he knows about Wanda. The only thing that worries me is it seems to be suggesting Wanda might not get a chance at Chthon herself, but it will be the Darkhold Defenders instead.

Yes, which is part of my surprise of why Wanda escapes the recent push for progression.
    Well hopefully Leah Williams can perhaps provide some of that for her in Trial, although i still can't help but feel it's going to wind up being a complete nothingburger for Wanda in the end, really hoping i'm wrong and it's not just me being pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Managed to get Darkhold Alpha yesterday and overall I liked it. It was great to see Wanda being the big good and most of the characters were done well, though I didn't like Spidey's "Didn't you date a robot?" line, acting like that's the only thing he knows about Wanda. The only thing that worries me is it seems to be suggesting Wanda might not get a chance at Chthon herself, but it will be the Darkhold Defenders instead.
    The Spidey comment is terrible because it plays off of Bendis' ignorance there. Spidey knew and was friends with Wanda and Vision while they were still married. I also don't believe Pete would ever be that insensitive. His jokes are usually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    Well hopefully Leah Williams can perhaps provide some of that for her in Trial, although i still can't help but feel it's going to wind up being a complete nothingburger for Wanda in the end, really hoping i'm wrong and it's not just me being pessimistic.
    Yeah I still don't know how I feel about ToM yet. I like Darkhold so far though.